[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is the answer?

skylive5

If you are making a sly point about all the pissing contests on politics, WACO, etc, then I agree, what is the point? Same goes for the Vick debates, enough already.

Where is the IQ thread, I'd like to take it.

John will be along to lead you to that.

As for your question... no I am not.

Maybe I stated it wrong. This isn't an IQ test and it isn't a trick question.

Probably expected too much when I thought at least one person would understand the question being asked.

I think it might be something like the end of the Private Ryan movie - where he demanded of his wife to tell him he was a good person, that he'd lived a good life?

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but nevertheless...

I believe (*this is an opinion and only an opinion, any accusations of me putting down others' beliefs or passing judgment of any kind are way off the mark, thank you) that the point is to find a right relationship with God and his people. A lot of people have belief in God or a higher being... a lot of people go to church or some kind of service... and still I think that it is becoming increasingly more rare to find people that take the time to simply Worship... to fall on our knees before the one who is compeltely other than this universe; to acknowledge the sheer raw awesomeness of his pure power; to accept that the only power we have is to give up our own designs and accept a path that might not be comfortable but leads to where we need it to lead; to find ways to see him everyday sometimes in unexpected people, places or situations; to find a way to believe that he is holding us up even when we can only see darkness; to act in his name in order to bring him to other people. We all participate in the kingship and the priesthood of Christ, so wake up each day and act as the king and the priest that you rightfully are.

Maybe I stated it wrong. This isn't an IQ test and it isn't a trick question.

Probably expected too much when I thought at least one person would understand the question being asked.

Your question invites a million interpretations, as this is a diverse group of people with their own experiences and perspectives. When you asked "What's the point?" I immediately thought about the pointless debates about certain issues here. So my answer is, "there is no point". Another guy took it as an existential question and wrote a paragraph about his spiritual beliefs.

If the question is existential, then I change my answer to:

Love.

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but nevertheless...

I believe (*this is an opinion and only an opinion, any accusations of me putting down others' beliefs or passing judgment of any kind are way off the mark, thank you) that the point is to find a right relationship with God and his people. A lot of people have belief in God or a higher being... a lot of people go to church or some kind of service... and still I think that it is becoming increasingly more rare to find people that take the time to simply Worship... to fall on our knees before the one who is compeltely other than this universe; to acknowledge the sheer raw awesomeness of his pure power; to accept that the only power we have is to give up our own designs and accept a path that might not be comfortable but leads to where we need it to lead; to find ways to see him everyday sometimes in unexpected people, places or situations; to find a way to believe that he is holding us up even when we can only see darkness; to act in his name in order to bring him to other people. We all participate in the kingship and the priesthood of Christ, so wake up each day and act as the king and the priest that you rightfully are.

So bizzare. What happens if you are more at peace once you give up trying to impress God?