[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please Rate My Draft, 2nd Pick, 10 Team, NO PPR

dfine

I ended up with the second pick, and right after I took my pick, my player got hurt in PreSeason, that is MJD. At least I think he will be OK.

Here is what my roster has to have, 2 QB, 5 RB, 6 WR/TE(WR and TE are the Same),2 Kickers, 2 DEF. I have to have all these spots, no less, no more There is no PPR, No trading, no dynasty, no flex.

Starting Lineup is 1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR/TE, 1 Kicker, 1 DEF

Scoring real quick, 5% for Passing yards, 10% for rushing and receiving yards. 5 points TD's

Defense: Sacks, INT, Fumble, 1 point each, TD's 10 points, get points for shutout

Kicker standard, 3,5,7,10 points based on distance.

Now that is taken care of, here is my draft. We used a modified snake for the draft. As I said before, I ended up with the 2nd pick, which I really didn't want this year. I even tried a mock at the 2nd and didn't do too well. Well, here goes.

1.MJD(Oh my, hope injury not to serious, heard about it afterwards)

2.Steve Smith (Carolina)

3 Drew Brees (Could of had Ryan Grant here, but looked at who was drafting in my league and new all the good QB would be gone by the time it got back to me, I could of had Rivers or Warner.

4. Vincent Jackson (all the good running backs were gone by then)

5.Joseph Addai

6. Felix Jones

7.Desean Jackson

8. Cedric Benson

9. Ted Ginn Jr.

10. Minnesota Def

11. Jonathan Stewart (I took a chance on him hoping he would be well be week 6)

12. Nate Burleson

13. Laurent Robinson

14. Kris Brown (KIcker)

15. Brett Favre (Backup QB)

16.Jon Kasay (Backup Kicker, must have 2 Kickers on my roster)

17. Indy Def (must have a backup Defense)

Well,

Let me know what you think?

A "C". I thought it was a little better than a C.

Last year, I almost one the championship with Brees and really no one else. My receivers are strong. My RB could be good. Kicker and Defense are good. QB is great. Basically if I can get something, beside MJK, out of the remaining RB's, just need 2 to come around, I will be fine. Felix Jones is lightning in the bottle, and Addai and Stewart are wildcards. Benson is nothing special, but will put up 70 and a TD a game.

Benson = 70 yds & a TD... per GAME?

If he does that, you've swiped the biggest FF sleeper ever.

I like your top 4 WR's, love the QB, but would be really worried about your RB situation. Behind MJD, you have three dudes in serious RBBC's and a 4th guy who is going to do well to run for 900 yards and 4 TD's IMO. Why grab guys who may not even start (Stewart, Addai, Jones) when surely Ray Rice was available? I think seeing what you were able to get at WR in the later rounds, Grant was the right pick in R3. Or if you REALLY needed Brees, pass on Smith and grab an even better RB in R2 (Jacobs or Portis, maybe?).

A "C". I thought it was a little better than a C.

Last year, I almost one the championship with Brees and really no one else. My receivers are strong. My RB could be good. Kicker and Defense are good. QB is great. Basically if I can get something, beside MJK, out of the remaining RB's, just need 2 to come around, I will be fine. Felix Jones is lightning in the bottle, and Addai and Stewart are wildcards. Benson is nothing special, but will put up 70 and a TD a game.

If u feel that way about ur team already then why did u ask for others opinions only to argue there rating? Want a pat on the back!! grade C- with a numerical value of 1.3345622 1/2 :D

:wacko:

Ok, I get the point, my RB's are week, but my league seems to be a lot harder to draft then most other leagues. We have 17 Rounds, we have to start a lot more players, no trading. We been doing this league since the early 90's. All these guys know what they are doing. When I took Addai, every running back was gone, including Ray Rice. This league jumps all over the RB,WR and QB in the first 4 rounds. Everyone else in the league either has very strong RB's and not great WR's, but a good QB, or like me a great QB, good WR's, one good RB, or teams have great WR, but no RB's. You get the point. I possibly made a mistake taking Brees, and I will live with it. Last year they laughed at me for taking Kevin Walters and I also took Brees last year. If I do terrible, it is my fault. Injuries happen all year, and I could get lucky and get a starting RB down the line in drop adds(waiver wire)

As for scoring, 5% of passing give more of an exact score. I goes two decimal points in our system.

For example 250 passing is 12.50 points.

For rushing and receiving is 10% of yardage. 95 yards rushing would be 9.5 points.

Very easy. There is no rounding up or down.

Finally, I was looking for other opinions, because I did think I made a mistake taking Brees in the 3rd round, but with my scoring system, where we get actually points, Brees could average 30 points a game. He might average 10 points more a game then the type of quarterback I would have got if I waited one round. Brees was taken with my 21 pick. My next pick was 38. Most of the good QB's were gone.

If I had to do it over again, I probably would of done it a little different. But I have to live with this team, and improve the team during the season, like the team that won the championship last year.