[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bowe this year?

Randall

I still have trouble seeing why he is so high with a re-building team that traded away Tony G. How is he at catching with constant double teams. He is talented but this looks bad.

From the National Football Post-

"After erratic performances by Tyler Thigpen and Brodie Croyle in coach Todd Haley’s debut as offensive coordinator after ousting Chan Gailey, the Chiefs have to be praying that starter Matt Cassel can make a miraculously speedy recovery from his sprained medial collateral ligament and sprained ankle.

During a 17-9 loss on Thursday to the St. Louis Rams, Croyle was wild with his throws. He completed just 5 of 16 passes for 85 yards and sailed many of his throws. His accuracy prevented the Chiefs from gaining a lot of yards.

When Thigpen entered the game, he was intercepted twice, with one returned for a touchdown in the third quarter. He finished 2 of 7 for 49 yards and no touchdowns, a 16.7 quarterback rating."

Man this team looks in for a long season.

I think Bowe will be the benefactor of an extremely heavy passing game. Chiefs will win a few games but will be behind in almost every one from the get go. There is some sort of catchy phrase that explains what I'm talking about but I need coffee.

I think Bowe will be the benefactor of an extremely heavy passing game.

Problem is that everyone knows they're going to be throwing a lot and Bowe is the only serious weapon in that attack. He will see at least double coverage every play. I don't think he has the drive at this point to put up great numbers with the kind of attention he's going to be getting.

Problem is that everyone knows they're going to be throwing a lot and Bowe is the only serious weapon in that attack. He will see at least double coverage every play. I don't think he has the drive at this point to put up great numbers with the kind of attention he's going to be getting.

You could say the same about Calvin Johnson last year, and he was OK.

Dwayne Bowe isn't on the same planet talent or drive wise as Calvin Johnson. Horrible comparison.

Not really, Bowe is still very talented. Bowe was targeted a ton the last 2 years and put up 2 good seasons. He was the #15 scoring WR last year and I'm of the opinion that if you don't over think the departure of Gonzalez it's pretty obvious someone on KC has to benefit from that.

Edited by bushwacked

Dwayne Bowe isn't on the same planet talent or drive wise as Calvin Johnson. Horrible comparison.

Bowe was a top 16 FF receiver last year. He is his QBs number one target. The team will be playing from behind. Lost TonyG to help keep defenses honest.

I think it's too strong to say the comparison is horrible. Steve Smith does OK without many other targets in the passing game...

Megatron was not drafted as a top 5 WR last year. He was probably similar in ranking to Bowe this year. I just see enough to put Bowe on the radar as a breakout candidate. He has plenty of talent. And a new head coach from a pretty prolific offense last year.

Am I the only one who sees him being covered by Champ Bailey, Antonio Cromartie, and Nnamdi Asomugha, 6 times a year?

I think so.

we have to assume just a bit here ok....but i think it is safe to say that Tony G wasnt the one covered by the #1 CB last year...that would have been Bowe....last year versus those 3 teams 34 catches for 414 yards and 1 TD(TDs were lacking a bit)....extrapolate it out and you end up with 91 1104 and 3 TDs...yeah that has me way concerned :wacko:

we have to assume just a bit here ok....but i think it is safe to say that Tony G wasnt the one covered by the #1 CB last year...that would have been Bowe....last year versus those 3 teams 34 catches for 414 yards and 1 TD(TDs were lacking a bit)....extrapolate it out and you end up with 91 1104 and 3 TDs...yeah that has me way concerned :wacko:

Is the 414 yards in those 6 games against those 3 teams?

400 yards in 6 games is kind of average. With Bailey coming back, do you see that production being lower?

only 10 WRs averaged MORE yards/game last year and in the game that bailey missed last year Bowe had his worst performance of those 6 games...and only 6 players had more then 91 grabs last year...neither the catches or yards are what I would call average.