[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surprise Cuts

Crazysight

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fullbacks are special teams monsters. While I like Sutton, I'd rather have serious special teams contrinutors than a 4th RB. I'm surprised that Jamon Meredith was cut. I guess we can revisit the packers draft thread with all the Meredeth hate/love now. :D

:Dhttp://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...85224&st=50 :wacko:

KFFL) The Green Bay Packers have announced they have released WR Jake Allen, QB Brian Brohm, CB Trevor Ford, OL Andrew Hartline, WR Kole Heckendorf, LB Danny Lansanah, RB Kregg Lumpkin, DL Alfred Malone, WR Ruvell Martin, OT Jamon Meredith, DT Dean Muhtadi, LB Cyril Obiozor, CB Joseph Porter, OT Dane Randolph, FS Anthony Smith, RB Tyrell Sutton, DL Ron Talley and DT Anthony Toribio.

(Web Site Link)

Surprised a few of these guys were cut. Someone is going to give Martin a shot and I'm sure he can at least be someone's no.3 WR. I guess the trade made today made Anthony Smith expendable?

KFFL) The Green Bay Packers have announced they have released WR Jake Allen, QB Brian Brohm, CB Trevor Ford, OL Andrew Hartline, WR Kole Heckendorf, LB Danny Lansanah, RB Kregg Lumpkin, DL Alfred Malone, WR Ruvell Martin, OT Jamon Meredith, DT Dean Muhtadi, LB Cyril Obiozor, CB Joseph Porter, OT Dane Randolph, FS Anthony Smith, RB Tyrell Sutton, DL Ron Talley and DT Anthony Toribio.

(Web Site Link)

Surprised a few of these guys were cut. Someone is going to give Martin a shot and I'm sure he can at least be someone's no.3 WR. I guess the trade made today made Anthony Smith expendable?

Or his injury. I'm surprised with the injuries Smith was cut.

SEAHAWKS

Waived:

S Jamar Adams, DE Baraka Atkins, K Brandon Coutu, G Brian De La Puente, CB Marquis Floyd, T Na’Shan Goddard, S Courtney Greene, WR Mike Hass, CB Kevin Hobbs, FB David Kirtman, RB Devin Moore, CB Nate Ness, TE Joe Newton, WR Logan Payne, LB Dave Philistin, T Andre Ramsey, T William Robinson, QB Jeff Rowe, WR Courtney Taylor.

Waived with an injury settlement: WR Jordan Kent

Terminated the following vested veteran contracts:

LB D.D. Lewis, S Brian Russell

Terminated the following player contract from Reserve/Injured with an injury settlement: G Cory Withrow

Placed the following player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform:

CB Marcus Trufant

Browns News

They cut Ivy and Patten as most notable ... Looks like the Jamal Lewis demise may have simply been internet FF hype from the Davis owners looking to boost his trade value ... :wacko:

In some quarters they were pretty :D

Jerome Harrison looked good when healthy and had over a 7 yard average during the season last year.

Edited by Randall

Not many surprises for the Hawks. Somebody will fall in love with Jordan Kent's size and athleticism and sign him. Hopefully RB Devin Moore makes it to the practice squad.

Also, this leaves 6 DE's on the active roster. That seems like at least one too many.

Truf on the PUP? Not good. Not good at all.

Browns new?

Here ya go....

Despite recent speculation by Cleveland newspapers, Adam Schefter, and Mike Lombardi, the Browns did not release Jamal Lewis this evening.

If the Browns had cut Lewis, that would mean they paid him $10 million for the 1,002-yard season he had in 2008. Signed to a three-year extension by then-GM Phil Savage in 2008, Lewis made $6.5 million in 2008, including bonuses, and then the $3.5 million roster bonus in 2009.

Would it be wise to cut him after that kind of investment? His base salary for 2009 is $2.4 million, which he would not get if released.

RB Noah Herron was on that final cut list:

The Browns waived 18 players and terminated the contracts of five others: DB Hamza Abdullah, RB Noah Herron, DB Corey Ivy, WR David Patten and TE Aaron Walker.

Waived were FB Charles Ali, DB Brandon Anderson, QB Richard Bartel, DB Tra Battle, LB Beau Bell, OL Branndon Braxton, LB Titus Brown, OL Dustin Fry, DL Adam Hoppel, WR Paul Hubbard, RB Chris Jennings, WR Lance Leggett, OL Pat Murray, WR Jordan Norwood, OL Kurt Quarterman, DL Brian Schaefering, OL Isaac Sowells and DL Santonio Thomas.

Local news just announced the Colt's cuts...

Mike Hart - RB -- was the biggest surprise b/c I knew they liked this kid, but injuries caught up to him.

Josh Tomas - DE

Jamie Thomas - OT

Lance Ball - RB

Marcus Howard - DT

Other notable news:

Curtis Painter was kept on the roster!! This is a big surprise as the Colt's typically only keep two QB's!!

Also, Sanders was placed on the active roster... really thought he would start the season on the PUP...

Edited by Big Dogs

He finished preseason 39-for-62 for 300 yards with no touchdowns, three interceptions and a passer rating of 54.5. His 4.8 yards per attempt is indicative of the struggles he had.

Sounds like a perfect fit for Childress's KAO once Favre finally retires.

Vikings cut John David Booty. Not really a surprise, but some had speculated that they might cut or trade Tarvaris instead.

Jackson did enough to convince me that he should only be sent packing for a draft pick. No sense cutting him compared to how well he did versus Sage and Booty this preseason.

Ian Johnson also cut in Minnesota as Albert Young won the RB3 spot.

Glad the Vikings kept Darius Reynaud and Jaymar Johnson at WR. (Kept 6 - Berrian / Rice / Harvin / Wade / Johnson / Reynaud)

Bobby Wade took a paycut to return for one year. He'll be shipped out next year.