[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I need your help guys

Cowboys Fan!!

Hello all, I am new to fantsay football and figured I better get all the help I can. We have our office draft tomorrow. I pick third in a 12 team league. We are playing on NFL.com. I already know the #1 pick is going to be A Peterson. The #2 pick is going to be the highest player on the board as the guy is letting the computer do his picks. I need help for #3 and then round two. Please let me know what I should focus on and how I should plan my draft.

Thanks all!!!

1. Read & understand your league rules, and how they might impact player value - ie, PPR, bonus points for scores "out of position", bonus points for long TD plays, etc.

2. Don't be blinded into making "homer picks" (ie Felix Jones at 1.3 just because he's a DAL player) but look for value.

3. Pay attention to what the other teams are doing - so that you can start "runs" on certain positions (ie be the 1st guy to draft a TE in a TE required league, not the guy that drafts the 12th best TE in round 5 because that is when the TE "run" started).

4. Read & understand your league rules, and how they might impact player value - ie, PPR, bonus points for scores "out of position", bonus points for long TD plays, etc.

5. Quarterbacks are a dime-a-dozen unless you play in a "start 2 QB" league ... ALL QBs score a lot of points overall ... value is about the point differential between players at particular positions, not points scored by players in general - so unless you see Brees or Brady somehow fall to you in the 3rd or 4th round, don't worry much about getting a QB before round 5.

6. When in doubt about choosing seemingly equal players at a given position, look for week to week consistency in their past performance, or favorable NFL schedules - it will pay off in the long run.

7. Read & understand your league rules, and how they might impact player value - ie, PPR, bonus points for scores "out of position", bonus points for long TD plays, etc.

8. Don't wait until the day before the draft to decide you need some help in setting up a plan.

9. If all else fails, use the Huddle cheatsheets and take best player available when it is your turn to pick, keeping in mind the starter/roster requirements of your league.

10. Have fun.

Edited by ts

Well I already screwed up by waiting until the day before to draft!! Ha Ha So who should I take at #3. Sounds like RB are the way to go after reviewing the information on the mock draft sheets. Thanks for your reply bro!!!

1. Read & understand your league rules, and how they might impact player value - ie, PPR, bonus points for scores "out of position", bonus points for long TD plays, etc.

2. Don't be blinded into making "homer picks" (ie Felix Jones at 1.3 just because he's a DAL player) but look for value.

3. Pay attention to what the other teams are doing - so that you can start "runs" on certain positions (ie be the 1st guy to draft a TE in a TE required league, not the guy that drafts the 12th best TE in round 5 because that is when the TE "run" started).

4. Read & understand your league rules, and how they might impact player value - ie, PPR, bonus points for scores "out of position", bonus points for long TD plays, etc.

5. Quarterbacks are a dime-a-dozen unless you play in a "start 2 QB" league ... ALL QBs score a lot of points overall ... value is about the point differential between players at particular positions, not points scored by players in general - so unless you see Brees or Brady fall to you in the 3rd round, don't worry much about getting a QB before round 5.

6. When in doubt about choosing seemingly equal players at a given position, look for week to week consistency in their past performance, it will pay off in the long run.

7. Read & understand your league rules, and how they might impact player value - ie, PPR, bonus points for scores "out of position", bonus points for long TD plays, etc.

8. Don't wait until the day before the draft to decide you need some help in setting up a plan.

9. If all else fails, use the Huddle cheatsheets and take best player available when it is your turn to pick, keeping in mind the starter/roster requirements of your league.

10. Have fun.

Well I already screwed up by waiting until the day before to draft!! Ha Ha So who should I take at #3. Sounds like RB are the way to go after reviewing the information on the mock draft sheets. Thanks for your reply bro!!!

This is primarily a factor of lineup requirements and scoring system. That info would be required before being able to give better advice, but most would suggest one of ADP, MJD, Forte or Turner