[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big 12

polksalet

gegree. OSU handled UG pretty easily today. Now, for the SEC apologist and there excuses...

At SEC schools, they teach us the difference between there, they're, and their and when we should use each one.

And you will have to look very hard to find excuses from SEC supporters.

Will you attempt to not be an elitist dbag? It's a word that wasn't spelled correct. Does that make my statement any less true? Are SEC fans not going to be making up excuses?

I am not attempting to be an elitist dbag--I am an elitist d-bag.

I am an SEC fan. I'm not making excuses.

Will you attempt to not be an elitist dbag? It's a word that wasn't spelled correct. Does that make my statement any less true? Are SEC fans not going to be making up excuses?

Didn't you mean to say "spelled correctly"?

Is it an "excuse" to remind everyone that it's week 1 and we have no idea at all whether or not UGA is going to be among the best of the SEC?

Bradford is probably only our for a two to three weeks. You should have him back by the Texas game. If you beat Texas and win out you are right back in it.

Im not sure they beat Baylor or Miami before that, and Tulsa can score. If they cant do better than tonight offensively, they may lose that one too. And if you watched the game, that OL is pathetic. I have no hope for this team at this point. Huge fan, but reality is they are done this year. I see a Holiday Bowl berth at best. Football is a funny game. whether its fantasy, college or pro, you lose someone as significant as Bradford on your team, your season changes immediately. In no way do I blame this loss on Bradfords loss. I do think they win with him, but its no given the way they couldnt protect him....

Im not sure they beat Baylor or Miami before that, and Tulsa can score. If they cant do better than tonight offensively, they may lose that one too. And if you watched the game, that OL is pathetic. I have no hope for this team at this point. Huge fan, but reality is they are done this year. I see a Holiday Bowl berth at best. Football is a funny game. whether its fantasy, college or pro, you lose someone as significant as Bradford on your team, your season changes immediately. In no way do I blame this loss on Bradfords loss. I do think they win with him, but its no given the way they couldnt protect him....

I'm not sure if they win with Bradford, BYU kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers. Once those stopped they started rolling. You are right about OU's O-line. I knew it was going to be weak but had no idea it was that weak. Still you have some easy games between now and Texas for them to gel and for Bradford to heal.

Thought Oklahoma's defense looked pretty good, certainly well enough to win the game. They are improved. The o-line miscues would be most concerning. With or without Bradford, unforced errors like false start penalties need to be tightened up real quick. That said, Oklahoma still has a ton of talent, and if/when Bradford comes back, are still a top 10 team, IMHO. Teachable moments is all this game really amounts too.

Do you not think OU had anything to do with those turnovers. Id be willing to bet, Bradford throws a TD down there on the last made FG< where the freshman clearly was reigned in. In fact Id be willing to bet it didnt come down to that at all. But the facts are, OU lost a game and BYU won the game. Tonight I wish we scheduled LA MOnroe for the 1st game, instead of BYU.

Edited by Boomer Sooner

Don't look now, but the second best team in said conference is about to lose to Houston, at home. I think it might be a little early to anoint any conference as the best in the country, especially one that plays very little defense. :wacko:

Don't look now, but the second best team in said conference is about to lose to Houston, at home. I think it might be a little early to anoint any conference as the best in the country, especially one that plays very little defense. :wacko:

No joke. I was wrong about them. Houston has the firepower to put up points, but 45? The Big 12 isn't shaping up to be nearly as tough as I thought it would be.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit surprised as well... I had some slight doubts as to whether or not OSU was a legitimate top-five team, but I figured they would take care of business this week. I knew both teams were capable of putting up some points, but I was actually really close to choosing OSU (-15.5) in the College Pick'Em contest. Two things had me almost convinced... Houston was 1-7 against the spread in their past 8 road games, and OSU hasn't lost a home game in September since '02 (14-0 since then). Ultimately, the fact that Houston can score swayed me away from picking OSU, but I was still surprised to see them fall today.