[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the deal with R. Bush

giantsfan

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this guy. Have seen him slipping to late 4th in PPR or 1/2 PPR leagues.

Is that legit or is that a bit too far for him to drop like I think.

If I can get him in the late 4th in a 1/2 PPR league I'd grab him.

Am I nuts and will he be even somewhat healthy this season (or at least is he healthy now)?

He won't be seen until week one so there's no guarantee he is healthy and the reality is that no one believes he will last all year anymore. He's been pretty much nothing but fragile. He's great in a PPR league but he's no RB really, he just a great receiver.

He won't be seen until week one so there's no guarantee he is healthy and the reality is that no one believes he will last all year anymore. He's been pretty much nothing but fragile. He's great in a PPR league but he's no RB really, he just a great receiver.

exactly, he's a WR that can break tackles downfield...

I hear you there.

Which is why in a PPR or 1/2 pt PR leagues I think he has value.

If he plays 13-14 games he's good for 65-70 catches. Even if he runs only 5 or so times a game he can be worth it.

People do forget that he was the # 1 RB when he was hurt last year. If he can stay mostly helthy (13 games or so) he can be a top 15ish RB in those formats I mentioned aboive IMO.

We'll see. He says he is healthy now though...:wacko:.

Any chance they refine his role as more a Percy Harvin so he stays healthy?

Any chance they refine his role as more a Percy Harvin so he stays healthy?

I'd be shocked if they don't.

Maybe 5-7 carries a game. Catches 6 or so passes a game in space.

12 or so touches a game will be plenty for a guy with his talent. Especially if they give him those touches in space, which I'm sure they'll do.

I grabbed Bush at the end of the 5th round in a 14 team 1/2 PPR leauge...everyone was so scared to touch this guy. If he stays healthy he could end up being the steal of the draft, if not it's not like I burned one of my top picks on him. Fourth is a bit of a risk but the payoff could be huge, go for it.

I grabbed Bush at the end of the 5th round in a 14 team 1/2 PPR leauge...everyone was so scared to touch this guy. If he stays healthy he could end up being the steal of the draft, if not it's not like I burned one of my top picks on him. Fourth is a bit of a risk but the payoff could be huge, go for it.

I took him in the 7th round of a 15 team league. My hope he starts off good in the first couple of weeks and trade him again like I did last year.

Edited by Youre Going Down

I ended up grabbing him mid 5th in my 12 team 1/2 PPR league.

I hope, like the previous poster, that he starts strong and I can deal him.

I have Slaton as my # 1 and Beanie and F. Jones ready to step in for Bush. Love to deal him for a very good WR after week 3 or 4.

We'll see, but to me 5th or later and he is good value at least on paper going in.

How ironic it is how so many people jumped the PT train because of Bush's injury history.

Yes and now that train is stuck in the station with the doors closed and Payton as tight lipped as ever.

Just a homer feeling but considering they play the Lions I think you will see a lot of Bell and not to much Pierre.

Edited by SLAYER

that goes without saying, with Bush out of the spotlight I think he will suprise this year.

Take it with a grain of salt (what would you expect Brees to say), but here are Brees' comments on Bush:

"I think this is going to be Reggie's best year. I think it's because those first three years he put a lot of pressure on himself. Obviously the expectations are very high on him. There is no doubt that he is unbelievably athletic, potentially one of the most athletic guys I have ever seen. But there is still that adjustment from college to pros, even three years down the road."