[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tomilinson

Outshined

This doesn't mean anything other than the fact that I have changed my perspective COMPLETELY towards FF. I had the #1 overall and took him there.

I am a homer and wanted to enjoy having him on my FF team. It is my first year in this league and figured I would go for the FUN factor instead of getting too worked up. I have not done a real live draft (other than homer leagues, and I don't see them as really counting) in four years (I took a break from it and it has been good).

Well, after Arnez Battle, Micheal Crabtree (back-to-back) and Duece McAllister all went in the 8th round or earlier :D , I was able to negotiate myself a pretty good squad!

Starting three RBs are LT, PT and Chris Wells. I got Gates and Steve Smith (CAR), Roddy W and Lance Moore with quality depth at WR. All in all, I thought it was good recovery. Got Matt Ryan late and Hasslebeck as a taxi squad for QBs.

I also checked the league scoring system and how the top RBs played out from last year. LT, despite a "down year" had better Average Points per Game than AP or MJD. I like that consistency and think LT has at least one more solid year left.

Reliable points and a guy to build a team aroung while having fun and enjoying myself?!?!? It all worked out real well! :wacko:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My FF Leagues consist of two local redrafts and one BoTH league (keeper). In both my redrafts, I had the 6 and 7th pick. Ladainian fell to me in both of those leagues. I could have had him in my keeper league, but I took Steven Jackson instead. I am hoping he has a really good year since he made the statement a week ago that he is the best back in the NFL. Will he be worthy of the 1st pick this year?

Just curious where LT was drafted in your local leagues and where he was drafted in BoTH leagues.

I am staying far away from him. I would have taken him if he fell into round 5 or later, just because it is worth the risk. But I don't see LT making it through the season. His better days are going to be seen by watching old film.

I am staying far away from him. I would have taken him if he fell into round 5 or later, just because it is worth the risk. But I don't see LT making it through the season. His better days are going to be seen by watching old film.

:D :D :D

:wacko:

:D

:2cents:

Understand that there is a decent chance of LT being a top 5 PPR back this year; but not really understanding being surprised at him dropping to the latter part of the first round. No matter what way you try to rationalize or slice it, LT is a 30 year back with a significant downward trend in YPC and TDs over the past 3 seasons.

Edited by bushwacked

Understand that there is a decent chance of LT being a top 5 PPR back this year; but not really understanding being surprised at him dropping to the latter part of the first round. No matter what way you try to rationalize or slice it, LT is a 30 year back with a significant downward trend in YPC and TDs over the past 3 seasons.

I am not saying this to hurt anyone's feelings (evidently there are a lot of people who love LT here), but I would Be SHOCKED if LT had over 800 yards and 10 TD's this year. I don't think it is even out of the question to say he might only suit up for half the games this year.

I am not saying this to hurt anyone's feelings (evidently there are a lot of people who love LT here), but I would Be SHOCKED if LT had over 800 yards and 10 TD's this year. I don't think it is even out of the question to say he might only suit up for half the games this year.

how confident are you with that prediction? enough for a side bet? and trust me you didn't hurt my feelings.

I don't understand all the "His better days are behind him." talk. Yes he won't get more TDs than the one season, but I still believe he will be a force on the field.

I was completely scoffed at for not taking Megatron @ 1.8 in my 10 team PPR. I went with LT, but I could have got him on the wraparound.

I paid $22 of $100 cap in auction league for him.

Sounds about right

I debated between him and Williams with my 1.07 (PPR) "snake" draft - LT on the downside but was nicked up last year and still put up pretty good stats, should be at least a notch better. Williams big year but he's only done it once so who knows what'll happen, plus doesn't catch much.

Yeah..because he has missed so many games throughout his career :wacko: (1 season game in his career)

Edited by LayLow

Avoided him in my 4 other leagues but also had low draft slots (none higher than 8) and he was gone before I picked in all 4 leagues (all PPR).

Yesterday was my last draft (PPR) and took him at 1.11 and was quite surprised he lasted. The clincher for me is what another poster pointed out partially by saying he plays Oak week 1. His schedule includes 6 games vs Denver, Oakland and KC. That creates some good matchups. Same reason I took SD defense in most leagues.

how confident are you with that prediction? enough for a side bet? and trust me you didn't hurt my feelings.

It doesn't look like you're gonna get that bet.