[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tomilinson

Outshined

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't mean anything other than the fact that I have changed my perspective COMPLETELY towards FF. I had the #1 overall and took him there.

I am a homer and wanted to enjoy having him on my FF team. It is my first year in this league and figured I would go for the FUN factor instead of getting too worked up. I have not done a real live draft (other than homer leagues, and I don't see them as really counting) in four years (I took a break from it and it has been good).

Well, after Arnez Battle, Micheal Crabtree (back-to-back) and Duece McAllister all went in the 8th round or earlier :D , I was able to negotiate myself a pretty good squad!

Starting three RBs are LT, PT and Chris Wells. I got Gates and Steve Smith (CAR), Roddy W and Lance Moore with quality depth at WR. All in all, I thought it was good recovery. Got Matt Ryan late and Hasslebeck as a taxi squad for QBs.

I also checked the league scoring system and how the top RBs played out from last year. LT, despite a "down year" had better Average Points per Game than AP or MJD. I like that consistency and think LT has at least one more solid year left.

Reliable points and a guy to build a team aroung while having fun and enjoying myself?!?!? It all worked out real well! :wacko:

I just dont' see passing on AP, in my humble opinion.

I don't live on the internet and just read this for the first time. Today is Labor Day, you know. Time to spend with your family and friends - The ones who you actually talk to in person and have known for most or all of your life. :wacko:

Well, there you go, you bad evil human beans........... :D

Three racks of ribs from Corky's in Memphis.....that ok with you?

800 yards, 10 TDs, or suits up for half or less of the games....as you said.....that's the wager.

Back off dude this is my payday, you can have the leftovers

What do you have in mind?

We can do money, beer I'm open for suggetions. How about $25-50(or higher) on the 800 yds and a six pack of brew(something brewed there that I can't get here) on the 10 td's. kinda hard to do them together, who wins if it's 1200/9?

LT went 1.02 in my non-PPR local!!! Peterson was the first pick. The guy who took him is a San Diego homer through-and-through and that fact clouded his judgment. :wacko:

He also went 1.02 in your BOTH Huddle Old Timers League. I thought it was a brilliant pick. :D

Edited by The Holy Roller

My FF Leagues consist of two local redrafts and one BoTH league (keeper). In both my redrafts, I had the 6 and 7th pick. Ladainian fell to me in both of those leagues. I could have had him in my keeper league, but I took Steven Jackson instead. I am hoping he has a really good year since he made the statement a week ago that he is the best back in the NFL. Will he be worthy of the 1st pick this year?

Just curious where LT was drafted in your local leagues and where he was drafted in BoTH leagues.

[/quote

drafted 2:3 in 14 team re-draft. 4 QB's went first round (QB tilted scoring with 6 pt TD toss, back-up QB's production if starter out)

I took R.Moss first round at 11 spot, LT2 back around. PPR League (1 pt rec for RB's ((and WR's))

Here is what the Draft Recap said of my drafting of Tomlinson in my most recent draft.

MikesVikes made their worst pick of the draft in round 1, selecting LaDainian Tomlinson with the 6th pick of the draft, as compared to the 7th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "I know some are thinking that he will be this year's Ryan Leaf," MikesVikes coach The Schwab said.

If that is my worst pick in the draft, I'll take that as a compliment.

In three drafts he went:

2.03 (to me :wacko: )

He put up decent numbers on one leg last year. Most RBs have a significant decrease in productivity when they hit 30. I think people are confusing LT's injury issues from last year with him slowing down. LT is not most RBs, and he will put up top 10 numbers this year as long as he doesn't get hurt. The turf toe thing was a freak thing last year.

I am staying far away from him. I would have taken him if he fell into round 5 or later, just because it is worth the risk. But I don't see LT making it through the season. His better days are going to be seen by watching old film.

is there a petition on the board we can sign?

this post warrants a permanent ban.