[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This just in...The Royals suck

Chief Dick

I feel your pain. I don't like that the owner is unloading the team. It looked like they were a pitcher or two away from making a serious playoff run. Now they get rid of Beltran. Who is next? Rich get richer...ahh you know the saying. Baseball and its salary structure sucks...

I do not have a problem with getting rid of Betran as he was gone after this year anyway. The Royals got three solid players for nothing as Beltran wasn't going to lead the Royals to the playoffs this year anyway.

computer The Royals will also be able to bid on Beltran in the off-season now. Maybe he'll be back and they really get the three for nothing. thinking

TimC...how in the world did you end up a Royals fan in VA?

And LFJ...you couldn't be more right-on. If they would have received a good pitcher or two, we probably wouldn't have had to send Beltran, as we would have been in the playoff hunt w/ better pitching at the start of the season.

We don't have a baseball team here and I always liked George Brett. Being an Orioles fan is as ridiculous as being a Redskins or Ravens fan. Why would I like a Maryland team? Most around here are Braves fans since our Triple A farm club is the Richmond Braves.

LegFuJohnson:

I appreciate a realist, muck.  Very tired of fans of small market teams whining about how they can't compete while the A's & Twins continue to win and contend.

No doubt. Obviously the small market teams CAN put together an organization that can compete. The Royals are atrocious at developing their young pitching, as the many arm injuries can attest.

It's been so bad that I haven't been watching too much lately. Everyone picked us to win the div at the beginning of the year and I was laughing, I just didn't see it with our pitching being suspect. Te offense hasn't done near what it did last year, they are just plain terrible.

I am not here to rub it in...well maybe a little bit wink Given the Twins superb pitching performance. Out of the three game series, all three Twins starting pitchers pitched a complete game shutout and they gave up 13 hits, all 13 were singles. Final score Twins 25 Royals 0.

Having Sweeney on the D.L. and few others plus getting rid of Beltran really took the wind out of their sails.

• 3 weeks later...