[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best of the Rest: Backup WR Help

thestugots

Standard 12 Team CBS Performance League

*Spot number refers to position on official NFL depth charts

Chansi Stuckey (NYJ, 3 spot) and Sidney Rice (MIN, 3 spot) are at the bottom of my depth chart for WR. Should I drop either/both of them in favor of any of these guys?

Laurent Robinson (STL, 2 spot)

Troy Williamson (JAC, 2 spot)

Chaz Schilens (OAK, 1-2 spot, injured broken foot)

Malcolm Kelly (WAS, 2-3 spot)

As anyone of you all watched these guys over the past year(s) and seen whether they are worth picking up over the WRs I currently have?

Edited by thestugots

I would consider dropping Rice. I think if he was going to be anything special, we would know by now as he's gotten a decent amount of playing time. Farve helps, but he has plenty of targets (Berrian, Harvin, Shianacoe, Taylor, Peterson) and Rice really doesn't command the ball.

I'm hearing that Schillens is out another 5-7 weeks, so I wouldn't tie up a roster spot on him now. I still don't trust Williamson (although as a Jags homer I'm still hoping) and don't care for much of anyone in the Redskins offense outside of Portis and Cooley.

Robinson is interesting though. I would probably drop Rice for him and see what happens.

Edited by tomfin2000

I'd drop both of those players (though I think Stuckey has a bit of upside)

I'd jump all over Laurent Robinson who's got a chance to have a strong season in STL if Bulger can stay vertical enough to throw the ball to him and Avery.

I'd wait a bit on Schillens unless you have injury spots that you can slot him in, no reason to think anyone will grab him quite yet.

I'd probably grab Williamson with the other drop...there really has never been any question about his talent and athletic ability, more his concentration and the fact he disappears for long stretches of games and seasons. If he's got his head on straight he might string together a good season in Jax.

Best of Luck,

WashD

I'd probably grab Williamson with the other drop...there really has never been any question about his talent and athletic ability, more his concentration and the fact he disappears for long stretches of games and seasons. If he's got his head on straight he might string together a good season in Jax.

The one thing Williamson has going for him is the Jaguars have what I consider to be a very good WR coach. He's done wonders the past two seasons if you consider what he's had to work with.