[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Might be my best draft ever

Mr Hammock

The scoring is standard NFL.com scoring. 1 point for every 25 yards passing, 6 for TD and -2 for INT.

If Peyton throws for 250 a game 2 TD's and an Int on average, per game then he will get me 20 points a week.

No way would Peyton or Rivers make it past the first round and a half in an NFL.com league.

I don't like leagues where RB's and WR's are favored as much as it sounds like they are in your league. I like the balanced leagues.

NFL.com is a H2H league so it's all about your team being better than whom you face that week, I always play in a few free NFL.com leagues and QBs go quick because of the fact only half the drafters show up and auto draft kicks in for the rest. As for the points per TD it's not important in a H2H it's all about having a better team in all aspects, with that said if I would have taken LT and CJohnson rds 1 & 2 , then 2 non-risk WR's (meaning proven like Jennings, Housh, and other) then grabbed Hass or Schaub later then in preseason Ratings I would be 100% better, IMO.

Also I'd take the Keller train in rd 9 once again risk vs proven, IMO rather have Daniels or Sch..... (whatever from Minny) and grabbed Keller with a late flier, but thats just me

You could've easily picked up a stud WR in your first round and still drafted a great value at QB a few rounds later just by looking at the first round of your draft. That in itself would've improved your team, instead you are stuck with a very weak WR core.

I don't see how I have a weak WR core. And I have plenty of trading power with all of the backs that I have.

Explain to me what Stud WR you would have taken at #11 and what QB you would have picked up late? I am just confused at your approach on this. In this league you wouldn't want to pick a receiver at #1, unless he was going to get 150 yards and 2 TD's every game. I don't see WR in the league that I can say will consistently pull those kind of numbers in.

Peyton will be my highest scoring player in most weeks so why would you not pick him first?

Why do people post these threads? Ask for advice? Proclaim they have a great team, when they clearly don't. and then justify/argue every honest opinion given to them?

And to answer your questoin about the wideouts, ANYONE OF THEM. FITZ, CALVIN, ANDRE, MOSS and you probably still coudl have gotten manning 13, if worse comes to worst you could have gone wideout running back and saved ur qb for rounds 3-4 and gotten rodgers if u want a stud qb

QB- you have manning, great, but you paid too much for him when you could have had a rogers/rivers/romo guy in the 4-5 round.

WR- fantasy wise compared to overall, a C+. I have royal and if your league is ppr he will be great, but i also have clark because i know manning will look to him before gonzalez (hence the 6 catch 63 yard n td performance in 1 quarter 3rd preseason game) and harvin, is listed 6th on their depth chart, which isnt' realistic, but with berrian, rice, shiancoe and peterson, harvin will not have more than 30-40 catches

TE-I like keller as a sleeper, dpeending what roudn you got him in

Bench- i have rice, think eh will be huge, if you have a flex, he should be in there 90% of the time.

Overall, I'd say a C+, B- draft. Wideouts are killing you right now, but who knows, season starts thursday. good luck

Edited by cnsfrk009

I don't see how I have a weak WR core. And I have plenty of trading power with all of the backs that I have.

Explain to me what Stud WR you would have taken at #11 and what QB you would have picked up late? I am just confused at your approach on this. In this league you wouldn't want to pick a receiver at #1, unless he was going to get 150 yards and 2 TD's every game. I don't see WR in the league that I can say will consistently pull those kind of numbers in.

Peyton will be my highest scoring player in most weeks so why would you not pick him first?

Refer to Muto's post. He put it much better than I can.

By drafting a QB first you are essentially losing value because like Muto said you could easily draft a great RB (LT) or WR (Fitz, Moss, AJ) at that position and pick up a QB later that won't exactly reach Mannings numbers but will produce consistently. This would increase your teams value overall.

Edited by drewjh

Seriously? Manning or any other QB for the most part wil be your highest scoring player each week. It doesn't matter what your QB will score relative to your other positions. What matters is how many points will your QB score relative to the other teams QB. Go check out last year's FFstats. Manning, by the way, had a mediocre year last year. I know, I drafted him in the 2nd round. Never had him on my team and never drafted a QB that high. Just wanted one season with manning. Never again will I draft a QB higher than 3rd and that's only if one of the top 3-4 fall to me.

Why do people post these threads? Ask for advice? Proclaim they have a great team, when they clearly don't. and then justify/argue every honest opinion given to them?

And to answer your questoin about the wideouts, ANYONE OF THEM. FITZ, CALVIN, ANDRE, MOSS and you probably still coudl have gotten manning 13, if worse comes to worst you could have gone wideout running back and saved ur qb for rounds 3-4 and gotten rodgers if u want a stud qb

QB- you have manning, great, but you paid too much for him when you could have had a rogers/rivers/romo guy in the 4-5 round.

WR- fantasy wise compared to overall, a C+. I have royal and if your league is ppr he will be great, but i also have clark because i know manning will look to him before gonzalez (hence the 6 catch 63 yard n td performance in 1 quarter 3rd preseason game) and harvin, is listed 6th on their depth chart, which isnt' realistic, but with berrian, rice, shiancoe and peterson, harvin will not have more than 30-40 catches

TE-I like keller as a sleeper, dpeending what roudn you got him in

Bench- i have rice, think eh will be huge, if you have a flex, he should be in there 90% of the time.

Overall, I'd say a C+, B- draft. Wideouts are killing you right now, but who knows, season starts thursday. good luck

To be honest just because I can't believe the draft I had. Maybe I am seeing things very different than most people are this year.

AND NO, I was not going to play QB roulette (AGAIN) this year. I have played WR Roulette a few times and been very successful, but when you don't have a great QB, it will kill you in the league I play in (NFL.com). I believe that Manning will have more points this year than Rivers, Rogers, or Romo; Hence that is why I picked him. I think we WILL all agree that when it comes to picking a QB that there will be a ton of difference in opinion within the top 5. For example: me personally, I wouldn't have picked Brady at all this year. I don't know why everyone else is giving him such an easy pass, but power to them - See Carson Palmer.

I have an A+ QB, A+ RB's, and an A+ Defense. That we can all agree on.

Then it just comes down to my opinion against what looks like many others on Keller and my receivers.

I posted it to talk about it, debate it. To me it seems to good to be true.

Also, Harvin is NOT my starting WR.I have said that in this post already. I just have him in there until I find out what the status of Walter is for week 1.

Thanks for your opinion. :wacko:

Moss, LT, Fitz, AJ

LT - Sorry that horse is Broken, in my opinion.

Moss - Too many question marks with Brady.

Fitz - Thought about it at #14 but didn't pull the trigger. Wanted a great RB first.

AJ - Too many question marks with his QB's.

In my opinion Peyton was not only the best pick but he was the safest pick.

Even if I would have taken on of those guys, I would have been stuck decided to start Pennington or whoever had a good game the week before. I had too many weeks of my QB getting me 3 or 4 points last few seasons and sorry but I don't want to go through that anymore. Peyton falling to me at #11 was a big sigh of relief.

Seriously? Manning or any other QB for the most part wil be your highest scoring player each week. It doesn't matter what your QB will score relative to your other positions. What matters is how many points will your QB score relative to the other teams QB. Go check out last year's FFstats. Manning, by the way, had a mediocre year last year. I know, I drafted him in the 2nd round. Never had him on my team and never drafted a QB that high. Just wanted one season with manning. Never again will I draft a QB higher than 3rd and that's only if one of the top 3-4 fall to me.

Sorry, but I don't want to have my QB's only getting 3 or 4 points every week, while in over half of my games the opposing QB's are scoring 20+ on me.

Sorry, but I don't want to have my QB's only getting 3 or 4 points every week, while in over half of my games the opposing QB's are scoring 20+ on me.

So you're saying that half the starting QBs drafted will score 20+ pts/game. Then why would you draft a QB in the 1st round?

NFL.com is a H2H league so it's all about your team being better than whom you face that week, I always play in a few free NFL.com leagues and QBs go quick because of the fact only half the drafters show up and auto draft kicks in for the rest. As for the points per TD it's not important in a H2H it's all about having a better team in all aspects, with that said if I would have taken LT and CJohnson rds 1 & 2 , then 2 non-risk WR's (meaning proven like Jennings, Housh, and other) then grabbed Hass or Schaub later then in preseason Ratings I would be 100% better, IMO.

Also I'd take the Keller train in rd 9 once again risk vs proven, IMO rather have Daniels or Sch..... (whatever from Minny) and grabbed Keller with a late flier, but thats just me

Wow. Someone who gets it. Didn't think that was going to happen here.

Wow. Someone who gets it. Didn't think that was going to happen here.

Dude, if you're that concerned over a league in which people aren't even showing up for the draft then you have much greater concerns than your FF line-up.

Dude, if you're that concerned over a league in which people aren't even showing up for the draft then you have much greater concerns than your FF line-up.

Who said I was concerned? Usually you have a few people who don't show up in these type of leagues. So what? This year, 2 people didn't show and had their rankings done. I don't have a problem with it. It still fun to play in these leagues.

I keep telling myself every year that I am going to join a keeper league, but just never find the time to do it.

Edited by Mr Hammock

Who said I was concerned? Usually you have a few people who don't show up in these type of leagues. So what? This year, 2 people didn't show and had their rankings done. I don't have a problem with it. It still fun to play in these leagues.

I keep telling myself every year that I am going to join a keeper league, but just never find the time to do it.

Forget a keeper league. How about simply finding one that has actual participants?

"Concerned" or not, why bother posting about how great your draft was if you didn't even have a full compliment of owners show up? I don't even like to pre-select picks for one round, let alone an entire draft, if a computer may end up picking for you because you never know what kinda crap you're gonna end up with.

Next time you're in a draft with real people and actually end up with a quality roster then feel free to come boast about it.

Truth is, the most amazing thing about this entire thread is the fact that because you think your draft was excellent, everyone that contradicts you must be missing the point.

Forget a keeper league. How about simply finding one that has actual participants?

"Concerned" or not, why bother posting about how great your draft was if you didn't even have a full compliment of owners show up? I don't even like to pre-select picks for one round, let alone an entire draft, if a computer may end up picking for you because you never know what kinda crap you're gonna end up with.

Next time you're in a draft with real people and actually end up with a quality roster then feel free to come boast about it.

Truth is, the most amazing thing about this entire thread is the fact that because you think your draft was excellent, everyone that contradicts you must be missing the point.

There are millions of people playing FF at NFL.com. Is it perfect? No, but it is easy and free. And for a person like me who doesn't usually have a lot of time, well it is perfect.

I actually expected for a lot of people to agree with how great a draft it was. I have been playing for over 10 years and have won 4 and never missed the playoffs. In all that time, I have never felt this good about a draft.

The real question is, Why are you so concerned about me and the league I play in?

One thing is for sure; either me or most of the people in this thread will be right/wrong about my receivers. I feel pretty good about them. Time will tell.

Look at this situation what do you prefer:

QB: 20pts/week

WR1: 5pts/week

QB:15pts/week

WR1:15pts/week?

That is what they are trying to explain. Yes, you might lose a couple points at QB but you gain more points in WR.

http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm

Read that article.

Thanks for you response.

I get the idea of what they are saying, but I think everyone is underestimating my receivers. I believe my top 2 receivers are good for 10-15 points a week. With no Marvin, Gonzalez will get a lot more looks. Also, he and Peyton have another year and another off-season under their belts together. Realistically, Gonzalez could end up with 1,300 yards and 12 TD's this year. If Brandon Marshall continues to act like a fool, which is likely the case, then Royal is their #1 receiver and could have a Great season. And Finally, my 3rd starter, Walter will see a lot of one on one's because of AJ getting doubled. He could have a Great year. I think I am very solid at WR.

The problem is, finding a QB late who will consistently give you 15 points a game. Hell last year I struggled at QB. I had Kerry Collins and Pennington to choose from week after week and there were weeks where I actually had 3 or 4 points from my QB.

Didn't Pennington average a little over 13 pts per game last year? Thats besides the point. The thing is you think your WR's are fine. Then thats cool, its your team if you think its great then thats all that matters. But there is 99% of people in this thread that think differently than you about your team so just take criticism and move on or don't post threads asking people to tell you what they think about your team. Good Luck this season. And the comment on you playing FF for 10 years is that all in free leagues? Where alot of people don't show up for drafts, and are not active owners?

WOW! 1300 yards and 12 TDs "realistic" projections for Gonzales. This would probably make him the #1 in Indy.

Realistically, Gonzales will probably produce around 70+ catches for 1000-1100 yards and 8 TDs. He is still the #3 option in the passing game and even if he was the #2 that would only leave 20 TDs for everyone else if Manning threw for 32 TDs this year. This is based on your average scoring of 2 TDs per week for Manning. I think your "realistic" prediction for Gonzales is a little lofty. Those numbers better fit Wayne, who IS the #1.

I will add that I think most people here are advocates for drafting a QB a little latter, even in leagues where QBs get 6 pts per passing TDs. In H2H leagues it is about having a team that is well balanced and compete week in and week out and I think most feel that your team may have been better served waiting for a QB and drafting quality and depth at the WR position. When you have to start 3 WR even Walter is better as a #4/#5 and Harvin should be considered a #5 at best with upside.

I will end by saying that all that truly matters is that you like your team. It does not matter what I or anyone else thinks of your team you are the only one that has to live with the results. But, when posting here, be prepared to get ripped, especially when you are posting rate my team stuff and you are really high on your team.

Good luck this season.

LOL best draft ever I agree! man this team could go down in the Hall Of fame!! I mean u have the best QB the Best RBs the best of the best of the best!!! U should be commended and do u have a site U have started yet so I too can even begin to think about being as grasshopperish as U!!!! Until Ur next post of awesomeness i bid u adoo!!!! :wacko:

An excerpt from a Peter King article at cnnsi.com

6. I think the most significant single play of the weekend could well have been the right-in-his-hands drop by Colts wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez late in the first half at Detroit. The Colts are trying to give Gonzalez one of two jobs -- Marvin Harrison's right wide-receiver spot, or the slot receiver job. But Peyton Manning and offensive coordinator Tom Moore are waiting for Gonzalez to raise his game and grab one of the jobs. After the Gonzalez drop, Manning threw six more passes, none to Gonzalez, and Dallas Clark was back in the slot, his comfort zone with Manning.

Manning's going to throw to players he trusts, and with Gonzalez dropping a ball like that one -- and not making enough plays otherwise in the preseason -- he could well make Manning lean on Clark and rookie Austin Collie more inside, and Pierre Garcon outside. That really solves all your fantasy problems with the Colts, doesn't it?

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...l#ixzz0QQP57IPs