[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Percy Harvin in 2009

Mr Hammock

I think the above numbers are about right, maybe a tad low, but I would not count on him to be a solid #2 position player. I think he'll be like Reggie Bush, highlight reel appearances every few weeks, but very few consistent big performances. They've gone to him quite a bit this preseason, but there are a lot of options on this team, and Favre will use them all. I doubt he'll play much running back, if any, and they will remain a run first offense, I think. Chester Taylor is still a main cog.

I think the above numbers are about right, maybe a tad low, but I would not count on him to be a solid #2 position player. I think he'll be like Reggie Bush, highlight reel appearances every few weeks, but very few consistent big performances. They've gone to him quite a bit this preseason, but there are a lot of options on this team, and Favre will use them all. I doubt he'll play much running back, if any, and they will remain a run first offense, I think. Chester Taylor is still a main cog.

He was running out of the wildcat in the preseason. Just saying.

So if he doesn't see any time at RB, you still think 750 yards are a tad bit low? :wacko:

He's a rookie.

I didn't see he wouldn't see ANY time at RB, I just don't think he'll see much there. I said might be a tad low, it certainly might not. I said I thought your numbers were about right. Sheesh, a little touchy?

I'm guessing he'll have a decent impact, if he can avoid a lot of rookie mistakes, he should be on the field a lot. The wildcat was tossed in there a couple times with him, yes, and one of those plays resulted in Favre blocking and hurting his rib. Good idea to throw it in to get teams to game plan against it, but I doubt we'll see it as much as some think. I loved the handoff to Peterson, and then later him faking that and running left. Keep Favre out of it, and it can work.

I'm impressed with how he looks, he looks strong and confident, and they certainly are trying to work him into the mix. I also think Childress will try to let him have a big year, so he looks smarter for taking him in that position. But yes, he's a rookie, and rookies rarely have bigger seasons than you describe.

Edited by Chadman

I think he can do some good but really temper your expectations this year. The homer in me says he's the next Moss but the reality of the situation is he's the #3 WR on a run first and then run again team. He's just not going to get a huge chunk of plays that focus on him.