[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft advice

footballfanx

Draft strategy  

1. 1. Who should I draft 1st/2nd/3rd

• Brady/WR/RB
    • MJD/WR/QB
    • MJD/QB/QB
    • Brady/WR/WR
    • Brady/QB/WR

I am in a 2 qb start (5 pt for TDs), 10 team ppr league with pick #2. Start 2 qb, 2 rb, 3 wrs. Should I draft MJD and try to get my qbs in 2/3 rnd. Or should I draft brady or brees and take best wr/rb combo available in 2/3. Dont wont to miss the run on elite QBs since the league is QB heavy

I pick None of the above.

Not trying to be a smart*** either.

I just don't understand why so many people are picking Brady early. He missed all of last season with a MAJOR knee injury. Look at Carson Palmer and how long it took for him to come back. Plus after not playing for so long, Palmer was out of football shape, which likely lead to many of his other lingering injuries until they finally just sat him so he could get 100% again. What happened to Palmer here is nothing new to QB's who go through major injuries like this.

I think because of how well Peyton handled himself last year, and so quickly, people are giving Brady a pass that they usually don't give other people. But Peyton struggled for a few weeks and his injury was minor in comparison to what Brady has gone through.

My advice: Don't draft with rose colored glasses. Never take a player just because he is one of your favorites, if you expect to win.

In all likelihood, Brady will start very slow and finish strong. I can honestly see 3,800 yards, 22 TD's and 15 Int's this year. There might even be a point midway through the year where his TD's and Int's are close together.

My Advice: If you draft Brady, don't draft him high and make sure you have a really good backup at least through the first 6 to 8 weeks.

I pick None of the above.

Not trying to be a smart*** either.

I just don't understand why so many people are picking Brady early. He missed all of last season with a MAJOR knee injury. Look at Carson Palmer and how long it took for him to come back. Plus after not playing for so long, Palmer was out of football shape, which likely lead to many of his other lingering injuries until they finally just sat him so he could get 100% again. What happened to Palmer here is nothing new to QB's who go through major injuries like this.

I think because of how well Peyton handled himself last year, and so quickly, people are giving Brady a pass that they usually don't give other people. But Peyton struggled for a few weeks and his injury was minor in comparison to what Brady has gone through.

My advice: Don't draft with rose colored glasses. Never take a player just because he is one of your favorites, if you expect to win.

In all likelihood, Brady will start very slow and finish strong. I can honestly see 3,800 yards, 22 TD's and 15 Int's this year. There might even be a point midway through the year where his TD's and Int's are close together.

My Advice: If you draft Brady, don't draft him high and make sure you have a really good backup at least through the first 6 to 8 weeks.

When did Palmer sit? Only his first week was bad. 2nd Week of 2006 he throws 350 yards + 2tds and 3rd week he gos 200 yrds + 4TDs.

He threw for over 4,000 yrds. PFR is showing another QB did throw a whole 3 passes.

Edited by PolishNorbi

When did Palmer sit? Only his first week was bad. 2nd Week of 2006 he throws 350 yards + 2tds and 3rd week he gos 200 yrds + 4TDs.

He threw for over 4,000 yrds. PFR is showing another QB did throw a whole 3 passes.

I am talking about Everything that has happened to Palmer since that major knee injury. It just seems like one thing lead to another, and another, and another. We see that Brady injures his shoulder this preseason and it just doesn't look like something I would chance.

Just look at all of the QB's who have had a major knee injury over the past 5 or 10 years and see what it did to their careers.

Obviously people are chomping at the bit to grab Brady. I am a bit more cautious than that about him. Maybe I am playing it conservative, but i am going to on this one.

I am talking about Everything that has happened to Palmer since that major knee injury. It just seems like one thing lead to another, and another, and another. We see that Brady injures his shoulder this preseason and it just doesn't look like something I would chance.

Just look at all of the QB's who have had a major knee injury over the past 5 or 10 years and see what it did to their careers.

Obviously people are chomping at the bit to grab Brady. I am a bit more cautious than that about him. Maybe I am playing it conservative, but i am going to on this one.

You do realize Palmer in 2006 and 2007 didn't miss a single game? Both seasons he put up over 4,000 yards.

Yeah he finally misses his first games after that devasting knee injury 3 YEARS LATER!

You do realize Palmer in 2006 and 2007 didn't miss a single game? Both seasons he put up over 4,000 yards.

Yeah he finally misses his first games after that devasting knee injury 3 YEARS LATER!

I will add.

ACL Surgery ends season 06 for McNabb.

07 is one of his better seasons.

Okay I got one that supports you..

In 06, 3300 yards 22 TDS

In 07 (after acl surgery), 3100 yards 21 TDS

Thats Philip rivers...

I will add.

ACL Surgery ends season 06 for McNabb.

07 is one of his better seasons.

Okay I got one that supports you..

In 06, 3300 yards 22 TDS

In 07 (after acl surgery), 3100 yards 21 TDS

Thats Philip rivers...

Oh whoops grabbed the wrong years...

Philip Rivers, San Diego

Injured year: 2007 postseason

2007 stats: 3,152 passing yards, 21 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, 33 rushing yards, one touchdown, 22 sacks

2008 stats: 4,009 passing yards, 34 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 84 rushing yards, 25 sacks

Yards don't tell the whole story. He threw 33 interceptions and fumbled 20 times over that two year span. Just look at the sacks he took in his first year back (36). He was more hesitant and he didn't look nearly as sharp as he did the year before.

Maybe Carson wasn't the best example to use, but there are things there that stick out.

Too many people are thinking that Brady is just going to come in firing 4 TD's a game and 300 yards. I just don't see anything like that happening. I see him struggling, especially early.

Yards don't tell the whole story. He threw 33 interceptions and fumbled 20 times over that two year span. Just look at the sacks he took in his first year back (36). He was more hesitant and he didn't look nearly as sharp as he did the year before.

Maybe Carson wasn't the best example to use, but there are things there that stick out.

Too many people are thinking that Brady is just going to come in firing 4 TD's a game and 300 yards. I just don't see anything like that happening. I see him struggling, especially early.

From a FF point of view, yards tell alot to me.

He also threw 30 INT in the 2 years before. Basically the same thing.

They were also 27th in Rushing Yards/Attempt that year which leads me to believe their OL was crap.