[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC vs OSU

sacosud

I for one support Tress and really we were not suppose to be in this game according too, welll everyone!!

The d-line looked good and I guess the Navy splits did affect them last week. I think the defensive backs improved as well lots of room to improve. The o-line started out great and then USC wore them down which was a disappointment,but not unexpected.

I was impressed with Brian Rolle#36 middle linebacker, he showed speed and poise. I guess after sleeping on it I feel better about it.

The difference was TP decision making and lack of it. TP is turning out to be more hype than anything else OR he's just still young. The still young speech is getting old!!!! The interception was just ugly!!! I know he was throwing to a spot and just did not see the linebacker, but please across the middle at that angle. TP's form is ugly and the ball looks like he floats it too much. I can not see him as a pro qb in any form right now.

The big thing I keep thinking about and I know you can't was the missed block punt. I remember in the LSU National championship we did the same thing. I felt a big Uh-Oh after that.

OSU needs to understand where it stands right now. OSU could still be in the hunt for the Roses and maybe a rematch against the Trojans. Penn State and Michigan away could be a problem, but the future is bright scarlet and gray in my mind.

GO BUCKS!!!

Edited by sacosud

I for one support Tress and really we were not suppose to be in this game according too, welll everyone!!

The d-line looked good and I guess the Navy splits did affect them last week. I think the defensive backs improved as well lots of room to improve. The o-line started out great and then USC wore them down which was a disappointment,but not unexpected.

I was impressed with Brian Rolle#36 middle linebacker, he showed speed and poise. I guess after sleeping on it I feel better about it.

The difference was TP decision making and lack of it. TP is turning out to be more hype than anything else OR he's just still young. The still young speech is getting old!!!! The interception was just ugly!!! I know he was throwing to a spot and just did not see the linebacker, but please across the middle at that angle. TP's form is ugly and the ball looks like he floats it too much. I can not see him as a pro qb in any form right now.

The big thing I keep thinking about and I know you can't was the missed block punt. I remember in the LSU National championship we did the same thing. I felt a big Uh-Oh after that.

OSU needs to understand where it stands right now. OSU could still be in the hunt for the Roses and maybe a rematch against the Trojans. Penn State and Michigan away could be a problem, but the future is bright scarlet and gray in my mind.

GO BUCKS!!!

No doubt there are a lot of positives to take away for the Bucks. My whole thing is, this game was totally winnable. It wasn't like the Bucks were playing out of their minds, there defensive line completely dominated supposedly one of the best o lines in college football for pretty much the whole game until the final drive. Pryor's athleticism did get the Bucks out of some bad spots though, and I feel bad for any Pac 10 team without a QB that can move around, because the USC defense, is STILL super fast. My whole thing is it seemed like Tress couldn't decide to play his normal Tress-ball or some weird version of it last night. I just know that if I'm playing against Pete Carroll, knowing that he will go for it on 4th and short every time midfield and beyond... I get equally aggressive, especiallly when it's 4th and goal from the 1. You don't beat USC with Field Goals. You just don't. You need to take it to them.

Sort of sad to see a once proud fan base like Ohio State content with a moral victory. :wacko:

I can easily see Tressel's motiviational speech at the next Buckeye pep rally going something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmybQKpmTw

I didnt realize Brian was part of the OSU fan base.

:wacko: Brian is a Hawkeyes fan. Rocker has family members who are Buckeye fans so he rails on them.

Big John is right. I was concieved by two Ohio State grads and have several relatives who graduated and live and die with Buckeye football, so my comment was not directed at Brian, but more an observation about how I feel the Ohio State fan base is feeling this Monday after yet another loss in a big out of conference game.

Big John is right. I was concieved by two Ohio State grads and have several relatives who graduated and live and die with Buckeye football, so my comment was not directed at Brian, but more an observation about how I feel the Ohio State fan base is feeling this Monday after yet another loss in a big out of conference game.

Well unfortunately the timing of this game being after the 2 BCS NC failures and the USC game last year, diminishes the fact that in the last 2 tries on the big stage, Ohio State has played extraordinarily well and many could make a convincing argument that they should've won both games. But they didn't. Only thing to do is move on and fight another day.

At the end of the day, you can sum it up by saying Ohio State has simply been beaten by better teams. Nothing more nothing less. And claiming a "moral" victory in this game is certainly no worse than claiming one after losing to Kentucky or Arkansas.

If a team can have 1or 2 loses and get in the National Championship than there is a lot left too play for this season.

OSU better be ready for Toledo in Cleveland.

Look it's better to have won the game, but if your going to lose than losing early to the #3 team in the country is not the worst thing that can happen.

USC in most people's minds should have "thumped" OSU and then OSU came out and not only played well, but looked impressive to me. TP made a huge mental error and had some bad decisions that USC caused him to have by playing sound defense, however if OSU beats Penn State which should be ranked high at Happy Valley they will be back in the BCS picture and nothing but ceiling from there. Michigan at Michigan will be another test. I will be rooting on USC from here on out!!! I think the Rose Bowl is very obtainable for the Buckeyes and anything else well would be a miracle.

If a team can have 1or 2 loses and get in the National Championship than there is a lot left too play for this season.

OSU better be ready for Toledo in Cleveland.

Look it's better to have won the game, but if your going to lose than losing early to the #3 team in the country is not the worst thing that can happen.

USC in most people's minds should have "thumped" OSU and then OSU came out and not only played well, but looked impressive to me. TP made a huge mental error and had some bad decisions that USC caused him to have by playing sound defense, however if OSU beats Penn State which should be ranked high at Happy Valley they will be back in the BCS picture and nothing but ceiling from there. Michigan at Michigan will be another test. I will be rooting on USC from here on out!!! I think the Rose Bowl is very obtainable for the Buckeyes and anything else well would be a miracle.

I can see USC easily losing 2 outta @Washington, @Cal, @ND and @Oregon. 1 of those 4 will happen for sure. Teams with a pulse on offense have a chance against the Trojans. Next week should be very interesting.

Edited by Glabra

I think the Rose Bowl is very obtainable for the Buckeyes and anything else well would be a miracle.

Couldn't agree more. Bucks still have everything to play for much like the Sooners still do after their early season loss to BYU. The difference is neither of those two teams now control their own destiny in regard to getting back into the BCS NC discussion. Because of the Buckeyes and Sooners recent history of losing BCS bowl games it will probably require many of the big name schools losing twice. Even then it will be much harder for Ohio State since the Big 10 does not offer a conference championship game.

Couldn't agree more. Bucks still have everything to play for much like the Sooners still do after their early season loss to BYU. The difference is neither of those two teams now control their own destiny in regard to getting back into the BCS NC discussion. Because of the Buckeyes and Sooners recent history of losing BCS bowl games it will probably require many of the big name schools losing twice. Even then it will be much harder for Ohio State since the Big 10 does not offer a conference championship game.

Could not agree more and I think there is no way OSU could get back to a title game this season. My guess is the best bowl OSU can get too is the Rose Bowl. USC losing this early to a unranked team spells disater for the Bucks, who already have to face the media on the big game losses the past few years.

Penn State and Michigan are going to be tough road games and OSU could end up in Capital One Bowl vs a SEC school. The Outback would be considered a poor season. I'm taking my son to his first Big Ten game this weekend against a team the has beat us 7 times in the Shoe in the past 10 years. Revenge game for the Bucks should be a good one.