[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

THE most undervalued palyer this year.

Rovers

No doubt. I'm halfway wondering if I should go ahead and cut a check now. But it's a long season. We'll see.

Rovers - we never did make any stipulations as far as injuries, which would only be to your benefit to have so I'm willing to allow for something.

I'm thinking if he misses more than three games due to injury, bet's off unless he still manages to crack the top 15 even having missed those games in which case I'd pay. Games he starts but may get injured in would not count as one of those three. Fair?

Sounds fair to me. The split on carries was 57-43% Jones... That is a little worriesome, I thought 60-40 would be the ceiling. Leon also had 4 catches to Jones zero, making touches almost 50-50. Like I said earlier, Greene won't be much of a factor until or if the Jets fall out of the playoff race. Until then, I think his snaps will be limited to blow outs in garbage time, but I don't expect to see many blowouts for the Jets.

It's a long season, and I think Jones will have tough sledding the next few weeks. Tough schedule.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt. I'm halfway wondering if I should go ahead and cut a check now. But it's a long season. We'll see.

Rovers - we never did make any stipulations as far as injuries, which would only be to your benefit to have so I'm willing to allow for something.

I'm thinking if he misses more than three games due to injury, bet's off unless he still manages to crack the top 15 even having missed those games in which case I'd pay. Games he starts but may get injured in would not count as one of those three. Fair?

I wouldn't concede just yet... It's one thing to say that Jones never "looks good," but still puts up solid numbers. Yesterday, in the first half, Jones not only didn't look good... he also wasn't gaining any yards. I advocated Jones as much as anybody in the pre-season, but I have to admit that yesterday's first half had me concerned. Jones snapped off a couple of long gains later in the game to make up for what was mostly a mediocre game, in terms of running the football, by the Jets. Prior to his first TD (1 yd run) midway through the 3rd quarter, Jones had ten carries for nine yards. He had two runs of 38 (TD) and 39 yards that accounted for over 70% of his total yards rushing for the day... The other 18 carries produced 30 yards.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm still a firm believer that Jones will put up decent numbers for the season, as a whole. I do think he'll be fairly inconsistent, at times, though. Will we see a game or two where Jones is unable to tear off a couple of 30+ yard carries, to make up for an otherwise poor game? I think we absolutely will. I also think that, sooner or later, Sanchez is going to play more like a rookie QB than he did yesterday... whether it's facing Tennessee, New England, or at Buffalo or Miami, somebody is bound to make him look like a rookie at some point. When that happens, and the Jets are forced to rely more heavily on the running game, will they be able to? We will see.

Overall, though, I think the Jets have a schedule that is somewhat favorable for running the football... There are enough games on their schedule where they should be able to run successfully, for Jones to get his numbers, making him a solid RB option. If he's your #3 back, good for you... if he's your #2, you may still be OK, as long as you have somebody else you can occasionally plug in if the matchup is not so good.

I wouldn't concede just yet... It's one thing to say that Jones never "looks good," but still puts up solid numbers. Yesterday, in the first half, Jones not only didn't look good... he also wasn't gaining any yards. I advocated Jones as much as anybody in the pre-season, but I have to admit that yesterday's first half had me concerned. Jones snapped off a couple of long gains later in the game to make up for what was mostly a mediocre game, in terms of running the football, by the Jets. Prior to his first TD (1 yd run) midway through the 3rd quarter, Jones had ten carries for nine yards. He had two runs of 38 (TD) and 39 yards that accounted for over 70% of his total yards rushing for the day... The other 18 carries produced 30 yards.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm still a firm believer that Jones will put up decent numbers for the season, as a whole. I do think he'll be fairly inconsistent, at times, though. Will we see a game or two where Jones is unable to tear off a couple of 30+ yard carries, to make up for an otherwise poor game? I think we absolutely will. I also think that, sooner or later, Sanchez is going to play more like a rookie QB than he did yesterday... whether it's facing Tennessee, New England, or at Buffalo or Miami, somebody is bound to make him look like a rookie at some point. When that happens, and the Jets are forced to rely more heavily on the running game, will they be able to? We will see.

Overall, though, I think the Jets have a schedule that is somewhat favorable for running the football... There are enough games on their schedule where they should be able to run successfully, for Jones to get his numbers, making him a solid RB option. If he's your #3 back, good for you... if he's your #2, you may still be OK, as long as you have somebody else you can occasionally plug in if the matchup is not so good.

Houston was stacking the box, Washington did little in the first half too. Then, a few things happened that affected things along the way. Houston by playing the run forced Sanchez into several 3rd and longs. Sanchez threw completions on most of them, and the 3rd and long conversion rate was pretty good, including a 3rd and 2 25 yard throw to Cotchery. The Jest were winning the TOP battle, which ended at 39-21 minutes, favor of the Jets. The Houston D began to play more against the pass, and they were tiring.

That helped open some running lanes for Jones. I was not surprised at how it went, it was what I expected Ryan to try to do... what was a surprise was Sanchez... he played very well in those 3rd down situations. That made the difference. Ryan wants to win TOP, wear down defenses with the running game and avoid turnovers, which is pretty much what happened.

Next up is NE at home and TN. They now have film to prepare for the Jets game plans. I am sure they will find some ways to pressure Sanchez and force mistakes. Ryan will still run the ball however, even if it doesn't work early, as it went in the Houston game. If teams stuff the box, and can put more pressure on Sanchez on 3rd downs, which I expect to see.... Jones might not look so shiny after week 3.

After that the schedule softens. Still, Jones will get any GL work, so even if he gets shut down yardage-wise, he can still get some points but my projections for Jones in week 2 and 3 are not so optomistic. It's a 16 game season... I won't get too concerned until around week 10...

My TJ projection for this week is 60-80 yards rushing, 10 recieveing and 1 TD. I bumped it up a little because Mayo is out.

A lot depends on what NE does on D.... this is a game LW just might be getting more touches than Jones. NE may well prepare for the inside run attack, and the Jets could adjust to tosses to Washington.

My TJ projection for this week is 60-80 yards rushing, 10 recieveing and 1 TD. I bumped it up a little because Mayo is out.

A lot depends on what NE does on D.... this is a game LW just might be getting more touches than Jones. NE may well prepare for the inside run attack, and the Jets could adjust to tosses to Washington.

good info, as usual, from my #1 Jets source, I'm plugging in Wash this week like last week, it seems he won't let me down

Funny... did you see where TJ is now ranked by the Huddle in the updated rankings list?

15 :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...
There is a bet riding on this, boy. Go take a nap.

Muto... I take it you hate RB's that score TD's?

prostate acting up again? :wacko:

mad about losing to miami yesterday? :D

angry that someone posted someone else who is more undervalued? :D

bumping a thread and not expecting replies to a dumb claim like "THE MOST UNDERVALUED PALYER THIS YEAR" :D

all of the above. :D

prostate acting up again? :wacko:

mad about losing to miami yesterday? :D

angry that someone posted someone else who is more undervalued? :D

bumping a thread and not expecting replies to a dumb claim like "THE MOST UNDERVALUED PALYER THIS YEAR" :2cents:

all of the above. :D

:D

Rovers,

I'll tell you what - if Jones ends up top 15 it's because of your own clean living. I mean, damn, his two TDs Monday night were ridiculous. He didn't do squat to deserve either one of them but got the goal line carry and boom - 6 fantasy points.

I know, I know.... scoreboard. I get that. May end up that we're both right on this (but I'd lose the wager) - that he does in fact end up as a top 15 "fantasy back", and he's really not all that good - all wrapped up into one.

Rovers,

I'll tell you what - if Jones ends up top 15 it's because of your own clean living. I mean, damn, his two TDs Monday night were ridiculous. He didn't do squat to deserve either one of them but got the goal line carry and boom - 6 fantasy points.

I know, I know.... scoreboard. I get that. May end up that we're both right on this (but I'd lose the wager) - that he does in fact end up as a top 15 "fantasy back", and he's really not all that good - all wrapped up into one.

I thought he would be somewhat more productive so far in running yardage, but he's pretty much on pace for what I thought he would do TD-wise.

The next two weeks could swing this one way or the other with the Bills and Raiders up next. Ryan trusts Jones at the GL. He rarely puts the ball on the ground. This is the part of the schedule where Jones could get quite a few scores, and maybe an 80 yard game or two in.

Miami is pretty good against the run, while the SoS tool ranks Oak and Buf as 3rd and 4th worst (most favorable) for allowing FF points to RB's.

LOL.... like I said, Jones almost never looks good... but he gets his points somehow or another.