[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need advice on trading for marshall

85thatstright10

an owner in my league just put marshall on the trading block, he is looking for rb/wr. My team is in my sig. Do you see any worthy trades for marshall. The only trade i can find would be giving up lynch straight up...i was wondering if anyone had other possible trades they see, or should i stay away from marshall it's a ppr standard scoring league. thanks in advance

To be honest I would stay away from Marshall...the only way he has upside is if he gets his contract and Orton stays healthy...even then not as much value as he had when Cutler was there....or he gets traded.

If I were you I wouldn't make the trade but if you really want to I think Lynch has far more value down the stretch...if your hopin something changes and really want him then I would offer J Jones and Burleson...if he says no just walk away....a lot of talent with Marshall, but very little upside this season....if you can get him with those to low guys then I'd do it but thats it.

Edit*...plus with bush having a history of injuries and being in committee then I think you may need Lynch down the stretch.

Edited by dustin20

@Opie...I have to disagree with you on this one...Marshall does not wanta be there...he is throwin fits at practice. I wouldn't touch the guy...thats just me. Orton isn't as good of a qb as Cutler and that means that Marshall will probably not put up numbers like he has over the past 2 seasons...not that he will be a total bust...just that he doesn't have the value that he used to. I seriously doubt he is even statistically close this season...I mean I'm sayin like 300 yds short...that coupled with his issues he is having with the coach and organization make him a very risky player.

I would ignore him. There are other more reliable players out there.

@OP...low ball the guy, if he says no walk away.

@Opie...I have to disagree with you on this one...Marshall does not wanta be there...he is throwin fits at practice. I wouldn't touch the guy...thats just me. Orton isn't as good of a qb as Cutler and that means that Marshall will probably not put up numbers like he has over the past 2 seasons...not that he will be a total bust...just that he doesn't have the value that he used to. I seriously doubt he is even statistically close this season...I mean I'm sayin like 300 yds short...that coupled with his issues he is having with the coach and organization make him a very risky player.

I would ignore him. There are other more reliable players out there.

@OP...low ball the guy, if he says no walk away.

Offer no more than J.Jones & Burleson

But it isn't just the fact that he has a statistical drop off from last season. I'm not saying he isn't a very talented guy...with the right qb he could possibly be one of the best by the time he is done.

All I'm saying is that the statistical drop in addition to the fact that its hard telling when he will be suspended because he does something stupid makes him a big risk. I mean he is on the verge of sabotaging his season. If he throws a fit during a game like he did at practice the league will take action and I'm sure the team will as well...he is a good player but an immature guy on a team that is falling apart. Now if you could get him for Jones then do it like I said but he is not worth Lynch simply because of the risk.

But if I had the Op's team (at least the one in his sig)...I wouldn't make this trade. There is no need for Marshall to still have a solid wr core....not to mention the Op owns Bush (injury prone), and Lynch (suspended first part of the season)...trading Jones handicaps this team if Bush goes down in the first few weeks until Lynch comes back.

Gotta love Mora....anyways, I hope your right, he is an exciting guy to watch and the nfl and fantasy football is better when he is playing up to his potential and keepin his nose clean.

@Op...yea Bush is also to much. I wouldn't give anymore than Jones and Burelson.

What does his roster look like? I mean it'd be worth giving up Lynch or Bush if you could get number 3 rb and Marshall.

no i dont think he has anything to offer me...his roster

qb-ryan

rb-dwill, portis, mcclain, f.taylor

wr-ochocinco,marshall,l. moore, e.bennett,austin

te-olsen, shaincoe

i really dont know why he's trying to give up marshall, i guess he wants better depth at rb, but after he trades marshall his wr's arent that spectacular