[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who didn't you get that you wanted in your Drafts?

FishFreak

For me it was PT and Matt Ryan. I thought I would also have Vincent Jackson but it just didn't happen in both of my drafts. Sometimes the guys you really want end up sucking wind and you luck out.

Nothin from nothin, but I think you're probably better off for it. Boldin, Witten, Avery, Berrian and Hester were all stolen by the guy directly in front of me in various rounds. Instead I ended up with McNabb, D. Clark, S. Moss, A. Bryant & Felix Jones with those picks, and have found myself desperately thin at receiver.

I also targeted Ronnie Brown but he went midway through the 2nd round.

Other than that, I got most of the guys I was sure I wanted to get: DeAngelo with the 2nd overall, McFadden late in the fourth, Wells in the 7th, one of my top 2 TE's, Felix Jones late, Bobby Engram later. Also got Trent Edwards in the 15th, who I feel has quite a bit of upside. I wanted McNabb but took him a round earlier than I hoped. Quarterbacks have absolutely flown in both drafts I've done.

Chris Henry

I really think he could be the #1 WR for the Bengals by the end of the season if he stays out of jail. I guess others felt the same way. He kept going a round earlier than I wanted to take him. I reached for him in one league, and only league I have him.

I guy out of the SF area (so not a homer) took him out from under me even though he drafted Palmer and Coles :wacko:

Wanted Gore but had to settle for Steven Jackson, even though I know there is little difference. Portis or Slaton almost fell to me, but I had to settle for Marion Barber. Was hoping to get Donald Brown or LeSean McCoy late, but it didn't happen. Wanted Visante Shianchoe as a backup TE but lost out when I took a kicker in the next to last round...should have waited one more round.

I decided to "reach" this year for all the players I was targeting, so I got pretty much all, but one still bugs me...

In a local keeper league, I kept a QB and three RBs, so I was set there and wasn't going to draft any more until the back half of the draft. I researched the drafting patterns in my league over the past few years on TEs (no-PPR) and knew that I could take 4 WRs and still 'reach' to get Carlson SEA-TE a round earlier than I expected him to go. Brewdude snaked him from the pick right fookin' in front of me.

And I was already "reaching" to get him!

Yeah... but Zach "Stonehands" Miller is purdy sweet. :wacko:

PS - This is the year of the TE... you'll see... :D

Just about every player I really wanted or figured would fall I didn't get. :wacko: Wanted Forte but picked too late in first to get him. Wanted either Brady or Brees, figuring I could get one if I was willing to spend a 2d rounder. Not. Wanted one of the upper WRs (I don't mean even one of the "top 4" but happy to settle for a guy like Jennings, White etc). Not - they went like crazy in first 2 rounds. Liked Clark for a big year and more value over the top few TEs, figured he would falll - not. Wanted C Taylor later as great value RB late - not, he went at least a round earlier than most expected. etc etc.

That all said I like my team overall, but could have been a lot better with even just 1 or 2 of those guys falling, which generally will happen at least a little.

Adrian Peterson and Aaron Rodgers (I have him in one league, but wanted in another). I really wanted wanted Ray Rice going into the drafts, but the way things fell and the preseason hype drove his draft position up from where I wanted him. It just didn't work in any of them.

I had Ochocinco in my sights (this was the 4th round I think) and I was counting down the picks 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 .. all these random guys were going like felix jones heck guys I would never take i n a million years. So then the guy just before me picks Ochocinco. I was crushed because I had taken him in the 3rd round of a previous draft and was thinking he would be quite a steal 17 WRs were taken before him.

I ended up taking Tony Gonzolez so it was not a total loss, but I had Calvin and then would have Chad (formerly) Johnson would be a strong pair in my PPR league.

Edited by rai