[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

rice

kickureface

I just can't get in love with Ray Rice as more than a #3 maybe a low end #2 in PPR.

He looked very strong in pre-season from a catch and run perspective, but fairly average from an actual rushing perspective (3.6 ypc, pretty much went down by the first hit in the games I watched).

I have a hard time believing he'll really be the "feature" back in Baltimore, I have to imagine it's going to be a balance of McGahee power running and Rice outside speed and pass catching ability. I know that's the situation in many if not most NFL teams these days, but the late surge in Rice's popularity have driven him above other RBs I think will end up performing better than him from an ADP perspective.

I guess we'll see

Best of Luck,

WashD

we've had several Ray Rice discussions. Let the search function be your friend.

And until we see how the RBBC in BAL works out, RB20 give or take is probably a pretty accurate assessment of where Rice belongs. He looks to lose a significant amount of touches to both McClain and McGahee all over the field, but most especially in the red zone.

Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something.

RIP Mitch Hedberg

My favorite is his job interview line. When an interviewer asks you "Where do you see yourself in 5 years ? " He answers "celebrating the 5th anniversary of you asking me that question"

I think Ray Rice will be a poor mans MJD for this season as MJD will be featured more with catching out the backfield....

I expect Rice to average 4-5 receptions a game like LaMont Jordan did in 2004 for the Raiders....but his rushing numbers should be average.....I say 700-800 rush yds, 350-400 rec yds 65-80 rec....but the TD numbers are where I have trouble predicting...

maybe 10 total TD's?....it depends on how good the offense executes and how often Rice is used in the red zone....and in what fashion....

That's 64-80 catches. If he can double his run-touches from last year (107), that would make him quite a valuable RB in a PPR. I didn't know people were thinking that his receptions could be that high?

I went to look, Huddle has him for 40 catches. Still pretty good with expected run-output.

I think that since he'll be out on the field that much more this year...

look at it this way...Rice had 33 receptions in a RBBC last season...

this year he'll be out there as the "starter which means he'll probably be out there 20-30% more considering I think that McGahee will surprise some people and give the coaching staff a reason to let him on the field more...

couple that with Rice being more comfortable with the offense and having knowledge of more plays....and Flacco also having another season under his belt...

I can see 60 receptions easily with the offense they have in mind....why not play to Rice's strengths?....

That's 64-80 catches. If he can double his run-touches from last year (107), that would make him quite a valuable RB in a PPR. I didn't know people were thinking that his receptions could be that high?

I went to look, Huddle has him for 40 catches. Still pretty good with expected run-output.

Since he was going at the #30 RB in many drafts he is a bargain in PPR.