[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Main league live auction . . .

policyvote

I'm in a state of panic. My main local keeper league is having its annual live auction tonight . . . and I'm woefully underprepared. It's my older daughter's first day of kindergarten, and my son's first day of preschool. In all the hubbub, to-dos, shopping, etc., I'm way less ready than I typically am. I'm in good position anyway thanks to my keepers (I have Aaron Rodgers, Chris Johnson, Kevin Smith, and Roddy White locked up for ~52% of cap), but after that I've got nothin'. My personal cheatsheet isn't made up, my auction tracking software is still full of '08 data, and I can't take my lunch hour off to catch up because I'm picking my kid up from school.

Clearly, school districts everywhere need to coordinate with the NFL on this whole scheduling thing.

Peace

policy

Okay, so not only did I have to auction for myself, but we had an owner who couldn't make it. Dude had lined up a proxy bidder, and prepared like eight pages of notes, strategies, etc. for that guy . . . and that guy flaked out. We found out about 20 minutes ahead of time. As league secretary, I when ahead and did both his team and mine. :D

As it was, I managed to put together an okay squad--not the shut-up juggernaut I thought I'd be able to assemble, but deep and balanced. Got Chad Ochocinco for $20, and Felix Jones for $10. I wanted to add another top ten-type WR, but in all the confusion of drafting for two teams, the best I could do was DeSean Jackson for $17. Went for veteran flex depth (we start 2 RB/3 WR or 1 RB/4 WR), got Driver for $6 and snagged Fred Taylor for just $2. The quarterbacks all went for more than I wanted to pay; ended up with Garrard for $6 and VY for a buck. VERY :wacko: about my QB backups. Went for youth/possible keepers, was VERY excited to get Glenn Coffee for $5 and Leon Washington for $3. Was going after Nate Washington and got bid up, got frustrated and did a "shut the door" bid of $10 (I'd also realized I was going to have plenty of money left over, something I detest). Kickers? Robbie Gould and Jason Hanson, $2 each. Defenses were Minnesota and Detroit, $3 and $1 respectively.

Overall, I'm pleased with my team, but thanks to the lack of prep and dual-auction thing, I couldn't maximize my keeper awesomeness. If DeSean Jackson were Marques Colston instead, and David Garrard were, say, Kerry Collins, I'd be pretty freakin' psyched. As it is, I have unspent cash and a little more involved of a season coming up . . . thanks for all your guys' "support" above, :D

Peace

policy