[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pitt Homers...Whats the inside scoop on RBS

Ice717

So I've been hearing contradicting statements all year about whos gonna do the running out of Pitt. I know the latest out of Tomlin stating Parker's the guy, getting 30 touches a game, and who is ever in the game gets the goalines. So where does that leave Mendenhall?? Just wondering what the Pitt faithful believe will happen this season. Thanks

I'm not a Pittsburgh fan, nor am I in the area or have an inside scoop, however.... my feeling is that if you haven't heard a lot about Mendenhall the reason is there is nothing to talk about. My feeling is that FWP will lose some touches on 3rd down with Mewelde and some short yardage stuff, but until he gets hurt I would expect 25 touches a game from him. For where he is going in most drafts.... FWP is pretty good value in my opinion.

So I've been hearing contradicting statements all year about whos gonna do the running out of Pitt. I know the latest out of Tomlin stating Parker's the guy, getting 30 touches a game, and who is ever in the game gets the goalines. So where does that leave Mendenhall?? Just wondering what the Pitt faithful believe will happen this season. Thanks

There's no way in hell Parker will have the stamina to carry 30 times a game. I suspect 15 carries at best and Mendenhall the rest. If Mendenhall starts to show some nice movement in the early part of the season, I could see Parker moving down to 8-10 carries and Mendenhall getting 18-20 and all goal line carries.

This entire situation is clear as mud. Tomlin is saying that Parker is his man at this point. Mendenhall, according to two people that I know that watch all sort of Steeler stuff and one that reports on it are both of the opinion that Mendenhall just isn't getting it done. I still think that they need to give Mendenhall his chance as you just don't cut bait with a guy that you drafted that high. Having said that, the Steelers are not a team that will be driven by where a guy was drafted. :wacko:

What I think is going to happen. Parker starts the year off with Mendenhall getting something like every third series. I think that the second one of them looks hot, that one is going to stay in the game and get the bulk of the carries. Parker is out of contract after this season. I think they have got to see what they have with Mendenhall but not to the point where they will force something that is not there. His fumbles sure do not make a case for him either. The only thing that I am very willing to bet on is that we will be surprised at the value of Moore based on his third down roll and if you are in a league with PPR, Moore might not be a bad start for that last spot or two.

Like I said, clear as mud.

This entire situation is clear as mud. Tomlin is saying that Parker is his man at this point. Mendenhall, according to two people that I know that watch all sort of Steeler stuff and one that reports on it are both of the opinion that Mendenhall just isn't getting it done. I still think that they need to give Mendenhall his chance as you just don't cut bait with a guy that you drafted that high. Having said that, the Steelers are not a team that will be driven by where a guy was drafted. :wacko:

What I think is going to happen. Parker starts the year off with Mendenhall getting something like every third series. I think that the second one of them looks hot, that one is going to stay in the game and get the bulk of the carries. Parker is out of contract after this season. I think they have got to see what they have with Mendenhall but not to the point where they will force something that is not there. His fumbles sure do not make a case for him either. The only thing that I am very willing to bet on is that we will be surprised at the value of Moore based on his third down roll and if you are in a league with PPR, Moore might not be a bad start for that last spot or two.

Like I said, clear as mud.

Well said Skippy. The one thing I'll add is that if Mendenhall struggles, don't be surprised if Mewelde is the one replacing Parker when he needs a rest or during one of his many injury spells. Mewelde showed that he is quite capable to handle the job when Willie is out.

Well said Skippy. The one thing I'll add is that if Mendenhall struggles, don't be surprised if Mewelde is the one replacing Parker when he needs a rest or during one of his many injury spells. Mewelde showed that he is quite capable to handle the job when Willie is out.

100% agree and in fact I have gone out of my way to secure Mewelde late in drafts.