[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seeing Dave Matthews Band in concert

muck

Never seen them in concert.

Don't know that I've ever heard anyone talk about what a DMB concert is like.

Thoughts / suggestions?

I'm assuming there will be extraordinary amounts of pot smoked and that it'll be more of a jam than a concert full of radio-equivalent songs.

:wacko:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen him four times in the past six years, last time was a year ago at the Greek in Berkeley.

Lots of pot, lots of drinking and generally just a good time. One of the best live bands you'll ever see. They take their radio songs and turn them into phenomenal ten-twenty minute jams that are just dense with musical talent.

If you appreciate music, you'll enjoy it.

Never seen them in concert.

Don't know that I've ever heard anyone talk about what a DMB concert is like.

Thoughts / suggestions?

I'm assuming there will be extraordinary amounts of pot smoked and that it'll be more of a jam than a concert full of radio-equivalent songs.

:wacko:

Plus a bunch of booze. Every time I've seen them, Dave is usually ripped off of bourbon. Great show to see.

I dragged a friend hundreds of miles to see the band at very small club in Providence in 1994 (Met Cafe?), and bribed a busboy to let us in the back door because it was sold out. I thought it was amazing.

Then I saw him and Tim Reynolds play the auditorium at West Point in 1997.

That's it. I kinda lost track of the band after Under The Table and Dreaming. It thought their studio stuff was garbage after that.

Have seen them plenty of times. Its the only way to enjoy their music. After hearing them live, you'll have a hard time listening to their studio albums. Live versions are so much better.. Great jam band. Dave has put a lot of talent on the stage with him and it seems like they are constantly impressed by some of the solos that the other bandmembers put out there. Fun crowds...accurate descriptions in this thread. With the wife 9 months preggo, we didn't make the trip to the Gorge last weekend to see them, but have been the previous few years.

Have seen them plenty of times. Its the only way to enjoy their music. After hearing them live, you'll have a hard time listening to their studio albums. Live versions are so much better.. Great jam band.

Yup.

I have their entire discography, and can't remember the last time I put on one of their studio albums.

The 8-Disc Red Rocks concert is phenomenal, Live at Fenway, Folsom Field, Luther College, Central Park, Golden Gate Park, the list goes on and on. Great stuff. :wacko:

DM is like Neil Young to me - phenomenal talent that shouldn't sing his own stuff... Man that's a whiny voice.

lol - comparison to Neil Young is just mean - but thanks, nice to see at least one other person gets it about his lame voice. gawd. Course that's been the trend for some time now, ie singers who can't sing.

Anyway some of his stuff is pretty good but IMO he's nothing great, never really got the big appeal.

I've seen him 10 or 11 times and we're going to see him in Camden next week. Always a good show. The crowd is really diverse agewise, but college kids make up the largest percentage. Pretty much everyone is drunk and many are stoned/tripping/rolling. Hopefully no one will vomit or piss on you or in your vicinity.

Been to 8 shows, including three this summer (both Fenway shows :wacko: ). You can expect a pretty diverse crowd, ranging in age from high school all the way to 50s. Depending on where and when (first of a two date stop, or second night) you're seeing them, will generally influence what the set list is like. You'll hear a bunch, 6-7 songs, from Big Whiskey, the new album. After that, it could be anything. DMB is known for pulling out just about anything at anytime. Just sit back and enjoy the cuties, have a beer or ten, and like others have said, you'll never care to listen to a studio album again!