[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Augh

matt770

While everyone gobbled up QBs early, I went for RB and WR depth, hope I didn't kill my chances.

12 teams, I drafted 11th.

Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, DEF, standard performance scoring.

QB: Palmer, Flacco

RB: Chris Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Thomas Jones, Lendale While <---missed out on some guys I wanted late: Bradshaw, Leon Washington, Cadillac, ended up with security over upside. I normally do not go for handcuffs but White was a great value where I got him.

WR: R. Moss, Ochocinco, Mason, K. Walter, D. Avery <----missed Chris Henry by one pick but otherwise I like this group a lot.

TE: Boss <---one of my big sleeper picks for the season.

DEF: Vikinings

K: Gould

why would you be screwed for drafting palmer. he consistently put up 4000+yds and 25+tds before he got hurt last year...i'd say your in good shape

High ankle sprain, bad o-line, questionable running game, favorite WR gone. Been reading some ominous things about his prospects for the season. Maybe I'm overreacting.

High ankle sprain, bad o-line, questionable running game, favorite WR gone. Been reading some ominous things about his prospects for the season. Maybe I'm overreacting.

high ankle sprain was mild-moderate,(severe takes 4 weeks to get better)so i think he'll be good although he has missed the last pre-season games but i read he says he's prepared and coming from palmer thats all i need to know, wish he did have more snaps after missing last year. His o-line is suppose to be improved atleast from last year. housh is gone but he has coles and henry to step in and pick up the slack. I believe he returns to aleast top 10 qb form this year, and thats a steal from wheres he's been getting drafted. As a palmer owner he just has to stay on the field and we'll be good

high ankle sprain was mild-moderate,(severe takes 4 weeks to get better)so i think he'll be good although he has missed the last pre-season games but i read he says he's prepared and coming from palmer thats all i need to know, wish he did have more snaps after missing last year. His o-line is suppose to be improved at least from last year. housh is gone but he has coles and henry to step in and pick up the slack. I believe he returns to aleast top 10 qb form this year, and thats a steal from wheres he's been getting drafted. As a palmer owner he just has to stay on the field and we'll be good

I guess you didn't get to catch the HBO Hard Knocks series that showed how they had to convert a D-lineman to an O-lineman. The line will still struggle but I think Palmer has enough weapons to NOT be the reason a fantasy team loses a game from week to week. I don't expect him to be a top 10 QB this year but just a serviceable QB that doesn't throw 25 tds but also doesn't throw 20 ints.

I snatched Palmer is the 11th round and feel very good about having him as a backup behind Rivers. Palmer is a definite starter in many fantasy leagues. Anytime a guy misses an entire season plus (with exception of Brady), you have to question ability/injury proneness and they tend to fall in drafts as a result. People tend to forget. Short answer is that you are fine. Palmer will produce. Tell all your competition to go ahead and kiss da baby!

I had the same strategy heading into my draft.

I ended up drafting Palmer in the 10th and then Favre in the 12th.

I'm pretty confident that Palmer will still be a viable fantasy QB this year. As stated above, he has veteran WR talent around him. Hopefully the run game is more dynamic this year to keep the LB's they face honest.

I'm curious who will be the top fantasy WR on that team this year.