MFL Question

Gopher

When creating a league calendar, specifically a period of first-come first-served waivers, and you select that you want the FCFS period to end at "Kickoff of Week 1", does MFL assume:

- That Kickoff of Week 1 is player-specific... In other words, players becomes locked as their games begin?

OR

- Kickoff of Week 1 means kickoff of the PIT/TEN game?

I seem to remember somewhere in MFL that you can choose or differentiate between the two options above, but can't seem to find it in the particular league I'm working on. Is there somewhere to choose, or does MFL assume one or the other (I know that I'm in leagues where it works on a player-by-player or game-by-game basis, so if it is one or the other, I'm thinking it's not the second one). If someone could point me in the right direction, in terms of what screen it's on (from Commissioner Setup), it would be greatly appreciated! :wacko:

I was just tinkering with that in a league today. That is kickoff of the first game of the week.

So... How can you set it up so that players that play on Sunday aren't locked after Thursday's kickoff?

From what I understand is that you are trying to lock players who play thursday games in the waiver wire come gametime BUT not the players who's gametime is sunday. Right? I am not sure that this can be done. URLACHERis GOD's response is for lineup submissions. so, If you find out how to do this with the FCFS waivers, can you please post it here? Thanks

From what I understand is that you are trying to lock players who play thursday games in the waiver wire come gametime BUT not the players who's gametime is sunday. Right? I am not sure that this can be done. URLACHERis GOD's response is for lineup submissions. so, If you find out how to do this with the FCFS waivers, can you please post it here? Thanks

Also look under Waivers/Free Agents Setup for this...

Prevent Owners From Making FCFS Waivers/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week? YES

You can also get a feel for how the system is set up when you look at the League Monthly Calendar to see when waivers start and end.

Edited by MikesVikes

Prevent Owners From Making FCFS Waivers/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week? YES

You can also get a feel for how the system is set up when you look at the League Monthly Calendar to see when waivers start and end.

i looked up how to do this last night. our league is set up to have priority waivers from after the monday night game to wednesday at 9 pm. then thursday morning is FCFS waiver pickups. as long as a player's team has yet to play that week, you can pick him up.

this is how i set it up:

Commissioner => Setup => Waivers/Free Agents Setup => "Once a player is dropped, he is "locked" until:

I selected "The player is not locked."

Where it says "Prevent Owners From Making FCFS Waivers/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week?" I selected Yes.

in the waiver calendar setup, i have FCFS waivers starting on thursdays at 9 am and ending on monday at 5:30 pm PST (the start of monday night football). this should allow owners to pick up players until the monday night game UNLESS that player's team has already played (the option in the previous paragraph). incidentally, you may want to do a "one time only" event for this week because there are two monday night games, and then do another event and repeat that one for the next 15 weeks (assuming you don't have games week 17).

This is actually what caused me to ask the question(s) to begin with... The calendar shows that FCFS ends at 5:30 (PST) on Thursday evening. I BELIEVE that I have it set up so that players become locked as their individual games kick off, but this concerned me. Anyway, I'll play around with it a bit more... should be fine.

Thanks for the replies, guys. :wacko:

This is actually what caused me to ask the question(s) to begin with... The calendar shows that FCFS ends at 5:30 (PST) on Thursday evening. I BELIEVE that I have it set up so that players become locked as their individual games kick off, but this concerned me. Anyway, I'll play around with it a bit more... should be fine.

Thanks for the replies, guys. :wacko:

that's because, on the calendar, you have set waivers to end at kickoff of the first game of the week rather than the start of the monday night game.

that's because, on the calendar, you have set waivers to end at kickoff of the first game of the week rather than the start of the monday night game.

I selected waivers to end at "kickoff of week 1." Just not sure if that is player/game-specific, or if they shut off for everyone tomorrow evening.

I selected waivers to end at "kickoff of week 1." Just not sure if that is player/game-specific, or if they shut off for everyone tomorrow evening.

i believe that means when the first game of the weekend starts, all NFL players are locked. but you could check MFL's help center to be sure.

i looked up how to do this last night. our league is set up to have priority waivers from after the monday night game to wednesday at 9 pm. then thursday morning is FCFS waiver pickups. as long as a player's team has yet to play that week, you can pick him up.

this is how i set it up:

Commissioner => Setup => Waivers/Free Agents Setup => "Once a player is dropped, he is "locked" until:

I selected "The player is not locked."

Where it says "Prevent Owners From Making FCFS Waivers/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week?" I selected Yes.

in the waiver calendar setup, i have FCFS waivers starting on thursdays at 9 am and ending on monday at 5:30 pm PST (the start of monday night football). this should allow owners to pick up players until the monday night game UNLESS that player's team has already played (the option in the previous paragraph). incidentally, you may want to do a "one time only" event for this week because there are two monday night games, and then do another event and repeat that one for the next 15 weeks (assuming you don't have games week 17).

These are both pretty much right on... I looked through the hundreds :wacko: of commonly/previously asked questions on MFL's help center, and here is what I found under "Setup Waivers" category from the drop-down menu:

1. How do I modify the Packaged Waivers to allow players to be picked up until kickoff of their individual game instead of Kickoff the first game of the week?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: All of the packaged waivers, by default, will start at kickoff of the first game of the week. This will include those games starting week 10 that will kickoff on Thursday night, thus ending your First Come, First Served or Free Agent Period.

To edit your events to allow players to be picked up until kickoff of their individual game you will need to edit your events on the Setup > Waiver Rules Calendar Setup after you select your package on the Setup > Select Packaged Waiver Rules.

On the on the Setup > Waiver Rules Calendar Setup you will click on the (Edit) link to adjust the start of the event(s) time that currently reads "Kickoff Week 1" to instead read "Mon, Sep 14 @ 11pm ET".

You will then want to go to the Setup > Waivers/FA Setup to enable the last option to "Prevent Owners From Making FCFS Waivers/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week?" This will lock those players whose games have kicked off into their current roster status.

Basically, you want to leave FCFS waivers open until the last game of the week has kicked off (that's why they say 11 PM EST... the second Monday Night game this week starts later than the MNF games on all other weeks). Then, as long as you answer "Y" to the question bolded above, players will lock at the time of their kickoffs.

Now, I just need to read up a little bit more on the "Accounting" feature, as opposed to blind bidding balances, etc. :D

I want to make sure I have this right and can't reply to the MFL tickets...

1. Waivers are open for preseason and closes at kickoff tonight by having an "event" created( first come, first served). In the edit event screen, I have Waivers set to start but then I have the radio button for "ends never" selected, as advised by Julie. That seems counterintuitive since we use an ordered wire but that's what she said. I'm thinking I have to set it to end tonight at 8:30, which is listed as kickoff week 1...

2. For normal week games, to have the Waivers come in starting kickoff and end Wed at 11PM (which would begin FCFS) I have this setup:

I have a waiver request event created. Event starts at kickoff tonight and ends never

3. You will then want to go to the Setup > Waivers/FA Setup to enable the last option to "Prevent Owners From Making FCFS Waivers/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week?" This will lock those players in Thursday games into their roster status. The radio button is checked for "yes" here.

Thanks for your input. Let me know if you don't understand what I'm after...

1. Waivers are open for preseason and closes at kickoff tonight by having an "event" created( first come, first served). In the edit event screen, I have Waivers set to start but then I have the radio button for "ends never" selected, as advised by Julie. That seems counterintuitive since we use an ordered wire but that's what she said. I'm thinking I have to set it to end tonight at 8:30, which is listed as kickoff week 1...

2. For normal week games, to have the Waivers come in starting kickoff and end Wed at 11PM (which would begin FCFS) I have this setup:

I have a waiver request event created. Event starts at kickoff tonight and ends never

3. You will then want to go to the Setup > Waivers/FA Setup to enable the last option to "Prevent Owners From Making FCFS Waivers/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week?" This will lock those players in Thursday games into their roster status. The radio button is checked for "yes" here.

One waivers event automatically ends when another begins. The never ends actually does end when another waivers period begins.

Edited by MikesVikes

is there a way for the waiver wire to go back to FCFS after yesterday's game? Seems ours have gone to the ordered waivers. MFL's reply was, it was in the email from yesterday. Thanks! If it wasn't so gddmd convoluted, I wouldn't be asking...

is there a way for the waiver wire to go back to FCFS after yesterday's game? Seems ours have gone to the ordered waivers. MFL's reply was, it was in the email from yesterday. Thanks! If it wasn't so gddmd convoluted, I wouldn't be asking...

Yes, there's a way. You have to have a FCFS period set to begin at the time you desire.

You have ordered waivers and FCFS every week? Not a problem.

Here's an example of what we have in one of my leagues.

Waiver Request: Sun Sep 13 12:00:00 p.m. CT 2009 (Happens 12 more weeks.)

First Come, First Served Waivers: Wed Sep 16 9:00:00 p.m. CT 2009 until Sun Sep 20 12:00:00 p.m. CT 2009 (Happens 12 more weeks.)

Edited by MikesVikes

I remember setting this up and taking a few days to figure it out. Sure was crazy. Here is how I have my league set up.

No Trades Allowed Sun Sep 13 2:00:00 a.m. ET 2009 until Tue Sep 15 12:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 (Happens 7 more weeks.) Edit Delete

Waiver Request Tue Sep 15 12:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 until Fri Sep 18 10:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 (Happens 7 more weeks.) Edit Delete

First Come, First Served Waivers Fri Sep 18 10:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 until Sun Sep 20 2:00:00 a.m. ET 2009 (Happens 12 more weeks.) Edit Delete

No Trades Allowed Sun Nov 8 12:00:00 a.m. ET 2009 Edit Delete

Waiver Request Tue Nov 10 12:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 until Thu Nov 12 7:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 (Happens 1 more weeks.) Edit Delete

Waiver Request Tue Nov 24 12:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 until Wed Nov 25 10:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 Edit Delete

Waiver Request Tue Dec 1 12:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 until Thu Dec 3 7:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 (Happens 2 more weeks.) Edit Delete

First Come, First Served Waivers Fri Dec 18 10:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 until Sun Dec 20 12:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 (Happens 2 more weeks.) Edit Delete

Waiver Request Tue Dec 22 12:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 until Fri Dec 25 7:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 Edit Delete

Waiver Request Tue Dec 29 12:00:00 p.m. ET 2009 until Fri Jan 1 10:00:00 p.m. ET 2010 Edit Delete

No Waivers Allowed Kickoff of Week 17 (Sun Jan 3 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2010) Edit Delete

the "ends never" thing sounds confusing. what if you:

set waiver requests to start kickoff of week 1 (or whenever you have it set to begin) and end wednesday, sept. 16 at 11 pm, and then repeat it for the next 16 weeks.

then have FCFS waivers for this week start yesterday and end at 10:15 pm monday, sept. 14 (the kickoff of the second game on monday).

then create a FCFS waivers event that starts next week, just after your waiver requests ends (such as wednesday, sept. 16 at 11:15 pm) and ends monday, sept. 21 at 8:30 pm (the start of the monday game). repeat that for the next 16 weeks.

the "Prevent Owners From Making FCFS Waivers/Free Agent Moves Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week?" option should remain set to "yes."