[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Ryan Bet Thread

Brentastic

If they dont confirm it I will. I say Matt Ryan finishes in the top 12 based on the scoring you listed. If they dont take it and you are willing to send the action my way I will do it. Just let me know the policy on injuries. How many games would he have to miss to nullify the bet ?

If they dont confirm it I will. I say Matt Ryan finishes in the top 12 based on the scoring you listed. If they dont take it and you are willing to send the action my way I will do it. Just let me know the policy on injuries. How many games would he have to miss to nullify the bet ?

Let's do it then. I have given both of them several opportunities to make the bet, so as of now I will bet with you only. Let's come up with something fair as far as injury - tell me what you think is fair.

BTW, I don't like 'hoppy' beer, so send me a nice local wheat or something.

Let's do it then. I have given both of them several opportunities to make the bet, so as of now I will bet with you only. Let's come up with something fair as far as injury - tell me what you think is fair.

BTW, I don't like 'hoppy' beer, so send me a nice local wheat or something.

If he misses 3 games because of injury we call it off ? What do you think. Ill send you something nice if I lose.No worries although I have a feeling some Chitown brew will be headed my way

:wacko:???

I proposed it, then ran a separate thread which showed more laegues (though slightly) score QB TD tosses as 4 points (rather than 6 point, which you wanted). That was the only issue outstanding...4 or 6 points for a TD.

How did "you give me several opportunities to make the bet"?

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

If you're going by fantasy scoring, if he plays in more than 8 games, pro-rate it on a ppg basis. :wacko:

In fact, I'll side bet anyone that Ryan does not crack the top 12 for QBs this year.

Hmmm....I think Ill jump on that.

name the wager (nothing outrageous.....father of 4 here :D

How about a six-pack of local brews?

Last chance for I_Am_Swammi and Fishfreak to back up the bets they offered to me. It's only a 6 pack of beer fellas and you guys initiated the bets.

:wacko:

:wacko:

Don't play dumb man, the delay was in which scoring system we would use. I have updated that original thread twice this week waiting for you to respond and you haven't. If you want in, that's fine, but we're using the scoring system I proposed. Let me know in this thread by kickoff tonight.

Also - we will use Whomper's injury window (3 games) a few posts above.

If he misses 3 games because of injury we call it off ? What do you think. Ill send you something nice if I lose.No worries although I have a feeling some Chitown brew will be headed my way

Confirmed. 3 or more games missed because of injury and the bet is off.

Bet is a 6 pack of local brew.

Good luck!

Don't play dumb man, the delay was in which scoring system we would use. I have updated that original thread twice this week waiting for you to respond and you haven't. If you want in, that's fine, but we're using the scoring system I proposed. Let me know in this thread by kickoff tonight.

Also - we will use Whomper's injury window (3 games) a few posts above.

I'm not playing dumb, bro. You posted (in bold) that it was Fish and I that proposed the bet to you, but you put it out there for everyone : "I'll side bet anyone that Ryan doesn't finish Top 12". That was what my :wacko: was for. You proposed the bet to the entire board...then try to make it sound like we came after you for action. Bad form.

Oh, and sorry I missed your post this week.....BTW, the answer to my thread (that you said you would agree to) was that more leagues use 4 pts for QBs. Most of those that use 6 pts also use PPR to offset the scoring imbalance that would exist if you award QBs 6 points. Since we obviously couldn't use PPR in a single-QB wager, 4 pts would be the logical way to proceed, and fairest way to evaluate a QBs performance against others.

Either way, i guess the bet is a no-go, since its 90 minutes into the 2009 season, the scoring system you agreed to honor is now not what you want.... and the Falcons haven't even played yet :D

I'm not playing dumb, bro. You posted (in bold) that it was Fish and I that proposed the bet to you, but you put it out there for everyone : "I'll side bet anyone that Ryan doesn't finish Top 12". That was what my :wacko: was for. You proposed the bet to the entire board...then try to make it sound like we came after you for action. Bad form.

Oh, and sorry I missed your post this week.....BTW, the answer to my thread (that you said you would agree to) was that more leagues use 4 pts for QBs. Most of those that use 6 pts also use PPR to offset the scoring imbalance that would exist if you award QBs 6 points. Since we obviously couldn't use PPR in a single-QB wager, 4 pts would be the logical way to proceed, and fairest way to evaluate a QBs performance against others.

Either way, i guess the bet is a no-go, since its 90 minutes into the 2009 season, the scoring system you agreed to honor is now not what you want.... and the Falcons haven't even played yet :D

I'll still take the bet. I just want to get it settled and move on, I have other things to worry about. So are we in? Just confirm in this thread sometime soon or else I'll forget about this thread - cool?

I'll still take the bet. I just want to get it settled and move on, I have other things to worry about. So are we in? Just confirm in this thread sometime soon or else I'll forget about this thread - cool?

I'm in.....like I said in the other thread, it'll be fun to follow. And the 6 is fine....I was really just responding to your statement that most leagues us 6 points....the thread I started proved otherwise (at least those that responded).

Anyway, good luck ,and keep us updated as we progress.b

I'm in.....like I said in the other thread, it'll be fun to follow. And the 6 is fine....I was really just responding to your statement that most leagues us 6 points....the thread I started proved otherwise (at least those that responded).

Anyway, good luck ,and keep us updated as we progress.b

Cool, you and Whomper in - 6 pack of local brew, should be fun to follow.

Here's the link to our league, commished by Muck. We can all follow along. Not looking too good right now, Ryan has a zero so far :wacko:

Best Drafter in the Huddle - Fantasy League on MFL

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are funny. If the bet is "He ends up in the top 12 overall".....it doesn't matter in the least how much a TD is worth. If ALL QBs get the same for a touchdown......who cares? :D

This is the QB here. You should be talking passing yards, TDs, INTs and rushing TDs to determine "overall".

Unless you wanted to go the way of completion % or QB ratings. (which get you no points in most FF venues) :wacko:

Anyway.....good luck this year in this bet.

**I'm sorta liking that 5 TDs in a game and a half already.:D Puts him on track for 40+ right now! :D

You guys are funny. If the bet is "He ends up in the top 12 overall".....it doesn't matter in the least how much a TD is worth. If ALL QBs get the same for a touchdown......who cares? :D

This is the QB here. You should be talking passing yards, TDs, INTs and rushing TDs to determine "overall".

:D

not a newb to fantasy football, are ya Steel :wacko:

Suppose Ryan finshes the year with 25 TDs, 5 INTs. Suppose Hasselback goes 30 TDs, 20 INTS

At 4 pts per TD, -2 per INT:

Ryan = 90 pts

Hass = 80 pts

at 6 pts per TD:

Ryan = 140 pts

Hass = 140 pts

It makes a huge difference if I think Ryan might not throw as many TDs, but will protect the ball a ton better than other QBs who hae to throw all day because their team is behind.

• 1 month later...