[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Collie the next Stokely or Welker?

Mr Hammock

For leagues that are deep with teams, you might consider very seriously picking up Collie. He has been fantastic in Preseason and has just been named the Colts 3rd receiver (slot). His route running has been perfect, he has been in the right spot every time, and he caught everything I can remember being thrown his way. The Colts didn't play him much past the normal starter playing area so he didn't see much action in the 3rd and 4th quarters this preseason.

For those who don't know much about him, he led the NCAA in yards last year. While that means nothing now, it does show that he is used to being targeted often.

Here is the deal guys. Garcon is better suited as an outside WR. When he comes in, Reggie Wayne will probably move to the slot. When Reggie and Gonzalez are on the outside, Collie will play the slot. In any case, most of the time, the Colts slot WR will be Dallas Clark. That's why I see very little value in the Colts #3 WR this year. He's actually fourth. And splitting that fourth position with the #5. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Here is the deal guys. Garcon is better suited as an outside WR. When he comes in, Reggie Wayne will probably move to the slot. When Reggie and Gonzalez are on the outside, Collie will play the slot. In any case, most of the time, the Colts slot WR will be Dallas Clark. That's why I see very little value in the Colts #3 WR this year. He's actually fourth. And splitting that fourth position with the #5. . .

The Colts went back to the two tight end set after Stokely left for Denver. That one personnel move fundamentally changed the way the Colts run their offense. Ever since then the Colts offense has been decaying every year. Just look at last season where they were 31st in the NFL in rushing. Bill Polian knows this and they have searched far and beneath for a receiver who can open back up the three wide receiver sets, where lets be totally honest here, is where they thrive both in passing and running the ball.

Okay so put two and two together here. PG is not a slot receiver, but he is a darn good option to backup Reggie or Gonzalez on the outside.

Collie will be in the slot in the three wide set, which actually gives them an unconventional four wide set, when you include Dallas Clark. I see outside picks and double slants over the middle all year long with Collie and Clark working the short inside and outside game.

Let Reggie do what he does best, catch the big plays on the skinny post routes and use double moves off of it deep.

Let Gonzalez do what he does best by being the speed receiver and deep threat.

Collie beats PG in every area of playing the slot. He runs better routes, he has better hands, and he has better speed. It is a clear and cut easy decision to make for anyone and I believe that Calwell and Polian both see it too. After all they are even better at what they do than any of us armchair QB's. :wacko:

The Colts, with Reggie, Gonzalez, Clark, and Collie will be impossible to defend. If they run as well as they can then we could see four receivers (including Clark), all over 800 yards this season, with the majority of the TD's going to Clark and Collie. Yes, I really said that.The middle is where you make the big money.

Just ran across this article:

http://www.examiner.com/x-4450-Indianapoli...-Colts-third-WR

Collie, a fourth-round selection in the 2009 NFL Draft from Brigham Young University, played mostly in the slot during the preseason, and Colts Head Coach Jim Caldwell said on Wednesday he will be the first receiver in at the third position Sunday.

The Colts went back to the two tight end set after Stokely left for Denver. That one personnel move fundamentally changed the way the Colts run their offense. Ever since then the Colts offense has been decaying every year.

The Colts won the Super Bowl without Brandon Stokley.

Just look at last season where they were 31st in the NFL in rushing. Bill Polian knows this and they have searched far and beneath for a receiver who can open back up the three wide receiver sets, where lets be totally honest here, is where they thrive both in passing and running the ball.

So you're telling me the reason the Colts struggled running the ball last year had nothing to do with all the offensive line injuries? Ryan Lilja missing the season? Saturday being hurt? It was all because they didn't have a good slot receiver? That does make sense. Brandon Stokley was a devastating blocker for the Colts running game. :wacko:

The Colts, with Reggie, Gonzalez, Clark, and Collie will be impossible to defend. If they run as well as they can then we could see four receivers (including Clark), all over 800 yards this season, with the majority of the TD's going to Clark and Collie. Yes, I really said that.The middle is where you make the big money.

:D This is so inane on so many levels. Care to make a bet that Collie leads or comes in second in TD's receiving for the Colts?

Yeah and they won it on the back of their defense through a great DEFENSIVE Playoff run.

So you're telling me the reason the Colts struggled running the ball last year had nothing to do with all the offensive line injuries? Ryan Lilja missing the season? Saturday being hurt? It was all because they didn't have a good slot receiver? That does make sense. Brandon Stokley was a devastating blocker for the Colts running game. :wacko:

Sure Lilja and Saturday being banged up and missing games hurt. You're twisting what I have said and you have cherry picked that even. The Colts running game has been declining for a long time. When their offense was unstoppable was when they ran the three wide with stokely, not the two tight end set.

:D This is so inane on so many levels. Care to make a bet that Collie leads or comes in second in TD's receiving for the Colts?

How can you be a Colts fan and not understand what the Colts do and what they do best?

Yeah and they won it on the back of their defense through a great DEFENSIVE Playoff run.

Sure Lilja and Saturday being banged up and missing games hurt. You're twisting what I have said and you have cherry picked that even. The Colts running game has been declining for a long time. When their offense was unstoppable was when they ran the three wide with stokely, not the two tight end set.

How can you be a Colts fan and not understand what the Colts do and what they do best?

Well, I am not a Colts fan, but I felt compelled to weigh in. I think it was pretty clear last year that the Colts were looking for something in the passing game when they moved Reggie around last year and kept Marvin on the outside. Clearly, Harrison wasn't scaring anyone and the offense will be better this year with Wayne and Gonzo on the oustide. I think it was fairly obvious that they struggled on offense last year and don't buy it was all the offensive line.

I am shocked to hear all this talk about Garcon, as absolutely everything I read indicates Collie is much more talented.

Your original post said you like Garcon better than Collie and that prompted the discussion. Wouldn't a wager on who will have more TDs and yardage be more appropriate? I would take a wager that Collie will have more receptions, yards, and TDs than Garcon!!! Betting that Collie will be 2nd in TDs and Receiving seems like changing the argument midstream.