[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your best dip?

rajncajn

1 lb. ground beef

1 lb. jimmy dean hot sausage

1 onion, chopped

1 can crushed tomatoes, drained

2 jalopenos

2 bricks of Velveeta hot mexican nasty processed fake kindof cheese stuff

brown meats and onion in large skillet. put rest of stuff in crock pot. Drain meats & onion and add to crock pot. Wait until cheese stuff is melted. Serve hot with tortilla chips. If you can't find the hot mexican velveta then add another jap or two. Makes a lot and is great reheated.

Edited by geeteebee

Get a block of frozen chopped spinach. Defrost completely, put in a strainer and strain out as much liquid as you can. Mash 7-10 jarred artichoke hearts. Combine the spinach with an equal amount of sour cream, a tablespoon of mayo, the artichoke hearts, salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving nuke it until hot and serve in a hollowed out sourdough bread bowl with the middle of the bread there for dipping.

Oh, and what GTB said. . .melted velveeta and salsa served hot is the BOMB.

1 lb. ground beef

1 onion, chopped

2 jalopenos

brown meats and onion in large skillet. put rest of stuff in crock pot. Drain meats & onion and add to crock pot. Wait until cheese stuff is melted. Serve hot with tortilla chips. If you can't find the hot mexican velveta then add another jap or two. Makes a lot and is great reheated.

that sounds great

Get a block of frozen chopped spinach. Defrost completely, put in a strainer and strain out as much liquid as you can. Mash 7-10 jarred artichoke hearts. Combine the spinach with an equal amount of sour cream, a tablespoon of mayo, the artichoke hearts, salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving nuke it until hot and serve in a hollowed out sourdough bread bowl with the middle of the bread there for dipping.

Oh, and what GTB said. . .melted velveeta and salsa served hot is the BOMB.

a handfull of fresh spinach

a couple of tbs of minced garlic

7-10 chopped artichoke hearts

3# of cream cheese

1/2 - 1 c of butter milk

s&p

shreaded parm

wilt spinach in oil (can be a blend, canola, grapeseed, olive). add garlic towards the end and sweat. set aside. in a mixer... add cream cheese slowly add buttermilk (just enough to help soften)... you still want it somewhat firm to. add artichokes and spinach/garlic.... s&p to tase. soften for 30 sec to 1 min in mic. fill a hallowed bread bowl... sprinkle with some shreaded parm. cook in oven at about 400-450 for about 5-10 min.

a handfull of fresh spinach

a couple of tbs of minced garlic

7-10 chopped artichoke hearts

3# of cream cheese

1/2 - 1 c of butter milk

s&p

shreaded parm

wilt spinach in oil (can be a blend, canola, grapeseed, olive). add garlic towards the end and sweat. set aside. in a mixer... add cream cheese slowly add buttermilk (just enough to help soften)... you still want it somewhat firm to. add artichokes and spinach/garlic.... s&p to tase. soften for 30 sec to 1 min in mic. fill a hallowed bread bowl... sprinkle with some shreaded parm. cook in oven at about 400-450 for about 5-10 min.

Yeah, what he said. . .forget my ghetto version of it.

Beer Cheese Dip

Simple and solid dip.

One package cream cheese

1/2 a can of beer (you know what to do with the rest) adjust for creaminess

1 packet Hidden Valley ranch seasoning

1/2 cup grated cheddar

blend together

top with green onion and fresh diced Roma tomato

serve cold and enjoy

Really? Ever try it hot?

1 lb. ground beef

1 onion, chopped

2 jalopenos

I use hot rotel and blend it first. I also drain the rotel and replace the can water with milk. makes the velveeta creamier but not too thick.

• 2 weeks later...
Beer Cheese Dip

Simple and solid dip.

One package cream cheese

1/2 a can of beer (you know what to do with the rest) adjust for creaminess

1 packet Hidden Valley ranch seasoning

1/2 cup grated cheddar

blend together

top with green onion and fresh diced Roma tomato

serve cold and enjoy

I prefer it cold, though decent when nuked too. Just don't nuke the tomatoes and green onion.

Here's my Super Bowl Dip everyone seems to tear up---I stole it from a website a few years ago:

Tennessee Sin

2 loaves round sourdough bread

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

8 ounces sour cream

1/2 cup chopped cooked ham or bacon

1/3 cup chopped onions or green onions

1/3 cup chopped red or green bell pepper

1/3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

Slice off top 1/4 of bread loaf. Hollow out bottom, leaving a 1" shell. Cut bread top and other loaf into cubes. Bake shell for 12 minutes.

Beat cream cheese at med. speed with mixer until smooth. Add sour cream and beat until creamy. Stir in Cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients. Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in foil and place on baking sheet.

Bake 30 min. Wrap bread cubes in foil & bake 15 minutes

• 1 month later...
tune in tomorrow I have a great Queso dip but can't find the recipe. I will post tomorrow. I made it for a baby shower and as a single man almost became "Father of the Year".

Thanks to everyone who has been standing by. I got this from George Hirsch 'Gather round the Grill'.

3 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese

8 ounces cream cheese, cut in pieces at room temp.

1/2 cup heavy cream

2 cups salsa

Combine cheese, cream, and cream cheese, and melt slowly over low heat. It is important to follow the measurements and faithfully remain at the stove and stir.Slowly add the salsa and stir. The kick is in the salsa. You can make it yourself or get some store bought. It costs about $25 for ingredients and serves about 20 people( very rich). It tastes better to me reheated after the flavors have melded. Serve warm. Hope you like it!

1 lb. ground beef

1 onion, chopped

2 jalopenos

This is the gold standard of dips. What all dips hope to be when they grow up. Simple and classic. Everyone down here has their own variation and you really have to work to f*ck this dip up.

We use 1 jalapeno, regular Velveeta and regular jimmy dean, but it must be jimmy dean. We use rotelle for the tomatoes.

My wife has some recipies for a french onion dip and a mozerella/pepperoni dips that are very good. If I can find them, I'll post them later.

I've had a dip that sounds similar to scorcher's and it ws really good. I'll have to try that one.

Here's my Super Bowl Dip everyone seems to tear up---I stole it from a website a few years ago:

Tennessee Sin

2 loaves round sourdough bread

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

8 ounces sour cream

1/2 cup chopped cooked ham or bacon

1/3 cup chopped onions or green onions

1/3 cup chopped red or green bell pepper

1/3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

Slice off top 1/4 of bread loaf. Hollow out bottom, leaving a 1" shell. Cut bread top and other loaf into cubes. Bake shell for 12 minutes.

Beat cream cheese at med. speed with mixer until smooth. Add sour cream and beat until creamy. Stir in Cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients. Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in foil and place on baking sheet.

Bake 30 min. Wrap bread cubes in foil & bake 15 minutes

Made this last week. Good chit.