[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Drafter in the Huddle League

muck

For those of you who didn't follow the original thread, we've started a new league this year in an effort to find the FF nut who is the best drafter of all others here. While it isn't a perfect system / game, it should be pretty interesting!

First, the combatants:

Big Country

Brentastic

Bronco Billy

Chief Dick

GeeTeeBee

GK Trey

Muck

TDFFFreak

The Hitter

Tonorator

Yukon Cornelius

Second, the rules:

Best ball (i.e., your highest scoring legal lineup are your starters; i.e., no "who do I start" issues ... or mid-game injury issues)

All-play (i.e., everyone plays everyone else each week)

No waivers

No trades

Legal lineups are: QB / RB / WR / WR / WR / TE ... plus one of either (i) RB / TE ... or (ii) RB / WR ... or (iii) WR / WR ...

Third, the scoring:

6.00pts for all touchdowns

-3.00pts for all INTs

0.25pts for all rushing attempts

0.10pt for all rushing or receiving yards

0.05 for all passing yards

0.25pts for each reception by a RB

1.50pts for each reception by a WR

2.00pts for each reception by a TE or QB

Fourth, the league structure:

Each team owner actually owns one team in each of four divisions. Each player is available to be owned once in each division. Each team in each division will play all other teams in that division each week. There are no games played by a team from one division against a team in another division.

This allows each of us to see who compiled the best roster given the talent available to them in the draft / auction.

The winner of the league is the one owner with the best all play record across all four divisions.

In any season, any team with an average W/L % of less than 0.300 is kicked out of the league and replaced with new blood ... and ... beginning next year, regardless of W/L %, we will kick out the owner with the worst two-year W/L % and replace him with new blood.

Fifth, the rosters:

These rosters were compiled via draft from August 29th through September 9th

These rosters were compiled via draft from August 29th to September 9th

These rosters were largely compiled via AUCTION on September 2nd

Sixth, as a result of being set up so that we kick owners out for being non-competitive, we do have a running list of people who are interested for consideration when a slot opens up. Drop a note here if you'd like to be added to the list.

Seventh, while you may wager on your favorite amongst the twelve of us this year, we have contemplated starting a contest where FF nuts like you could compete against us without being members of the league. If it comes to fruition, we will let you know how you can lose more money in FF next year, if you'd like. :wacko:

Edited by muck

For those of you who didn't follow the original thread, we've started a new league this year in an effort to find the FF nut who is the best drafter of all others here. While it isn't a perfect system / game, it should be pretty interesting!

First, the combatants:

Big Country

Brentastic

Bronco Billy

Chief Dick

GeeTeeBee

GK Trey

Muck

TDFFFreak

The Hitter

Tonorator

Yukon Cornelius

Second, the rules:

Best ball (i.e., your highest scoring legal lineup are your starters; i.e., no "who do I start" issues ... or mid-game injury issues)

All-play (i.e., everyone plays everyone else each week)

No waivers

No trades

Legal lineups are: QB / RB / WR / WR / WR / TE ... plus one of either (i) RB / TE ... or (ii) RB / WR ... or (iii) WR / WR ...

Third, the scoring:

6.00pts for all touchdowns

-3.00pts for all INTs

0.25pts for all rushing attempts

0.10pt for all rushing or receiving yards

0.05 for all passing yards

0.25pts for each reception by a RB

1.50pts for each reception by a WR

2.00pts for each reception by a TE or QB

Fourth, the league structure:

Each team owner actually owns one team in each of four divisions. Each player is available to be owned once in each division. Each team in each division will play all other teams in that division each week. There are no games played by a team from one division against a team in another division.

This allows each of us to see who compiled the best roster given the talent available to them in the draft / auction.

The winner of the league is the one owner with the best all play record across all four divisions.

In any season, any team with an average W/L % of less than 0.300 is kicked out of the league and replaced with new blood ... and ... beginning next year, regardless of W/L %, we will kick out the owner with the worst two-year W/L % and replace him with new blood.

Fifth, the rosters:

These rosters were compiled via draft from August 29th through September 9th

These rosters were largely compiled via AUCTION on September 2nd

Sixth, as a result of being set up so that we kick owners out for being non-competitive, we do have a running list of people who are interested for consideration when a slot opens up. Drop a note here if you'd like to be added to the list.

Seventh, while you may wager on your favorite amongst the twelve of us this year, we have contemplated starting a contest where FF nuts like you could compete against us without being members of the league. If it comes to fruition, we will let you know how you can lose more money in FF next year, if you'd like. :D

Let me guess, you came up with this idea sitting in some restaraunt with some smokin' chick breathing down your neck. :wacko:

:D

I find it difficult to believe that you put together the so called "best" :wacko: fantasy football owners when you left out the guy that is clearly the best :D

It is my recollection that you didn't express an interest back when I had a thread here asking to see who was interested...

If you'd like to be added to the "hey, I'm interested list" for when Bronco Billy gets punted for having such a crappy W/L %, lmk.

:D

It isn't high stakes enough for him.

Oh sir, you obviously don't know me. There are no stakes too high :wacko: I honestly didn't notice this league earlier in the year as I was not looking to join another league as my company had expended my sales territory and I didn't think I would be able to devote the time necessary to play in another league. But, as it turned out, I could have fit it into my schedule quite easily. If there is an opening next year, count me in and I will defiinately put my money where my mouth is. Hey, I'm no Henry Muto but ..... :D

Duly noted.

...or is it "dually noted"...

:wacko:

...either way, there are no openings for next year unless some team really wets the bed and has a combined W/L of less than 30%...but, we will note your interest for when a future opening appears...

• 3 weeks later...

As a reminder, this is an all-play league across four divisions (so each owner has one team in each of four divisions, and all 12 teams in each division play each other each week; no games played across the divisions thought) ... resulting in 132 games played for each owner (33 / division for four divisions).

Through three weeks:

84-48 GeeTeeBee

81-51 Big Country

80-52 Brentastic

79-53 Yukon Cornelius

71-61 Muck

67-65 Atlanta Cracker

64-68 TDFFFreak

62-70 Tonorator

62-70 The Hitter

57-75 Chief Dick

52-80 GK Trey