[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coach K to the Lakers??

justin

I guess that means that Phil is definitely gone, as is Shaq, but Kobe stays.

I could care less about the NBA and particularly the Lakers, but I think that is a stupid move and I'm not the least bit sad to see Coach K gone from Duke.

EDITED: To note that it has been reported that Coach K will not accept.

Do you have a link?

Phil gone is old news. Shaq trade is yet to be seen but likely. Kobe stying is likely but not definite as several teams with plenty of cap room will make plays for him, and he is saying he will listen to what they have to offer.

It'd be crappy for Coach Krazyzewski to leave Duke. He's the best coach out there. Money talks though. Duke should be able to match any Lakers' offer though - Duke is rich as hell. I'm sure the alumni would be more than happy to donate enough to keep Coach K around.

Meat Face:

It'd be crappy for Coach Krazyzewski to leave Duke.  He's the best coach out there.  Money talks though.  Duke should be able to match any Lakers' offer though - Duke is rich as hell.  I'm sure the alumni would be more than happy to donate enough to keep Coach K around.

Coach K is already Duke Universities highest paid employee, and that's saying alot. While Duke could afford to pay him several million a year, I doubt they could defend quadrupling his salary to alumni and everybody else.

Meat Face:

Meat Face:

As of July 3rd, I think he's not going to take the job.

He didn't. Nice one. Nice to see money can't buy everyone.

Now, me on the other hand.....

Hold off on the adulation and character worship there guys. Coach K is a God in Durham, and NC. There's nothing the Lakers could offer him to compare with his status at home. The decision was never about money.

billay:

Hold off on the adulation and character worship there guys.  Coach K is a God in Durham, and NC.  There's nothing the Lakers could offer him to compare with his status at home.  The decision was never about money.

There is no doubt that he is treated well at Duke ... but for many the allure of the almighty dollar supercedes all.