[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Picked up McGahee, Manningham and Celek but need help with drop?

Piranha-z

Who would you drop and why?? Thanks  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Need to drop one of these players, I'm one over limit now.

• Pennington
    • Hasselback
    • Parker
    • Bowe
    • Ginn Jr.
    • D Jackson

It's a tough one to comment on, however, if there were more info on the type of league your in and point system, it would help. Gut instinct says drop Parker, with Pennington a CLOSE second (he may give you a nice game here or there, but not worth the space he takes up for it) and not far behind him is Ted Ginn, I am a Dolphin Fan and Ginn is as pedestrian as you can get at a #1WR spot. He is known as Ted 'Where's the Sideline' Ginn. His stats on Monday night look nice, but if you watch him, he is scared to take a hit and he doesn't MAKE the big play. 11 for 108yds also equals a very lame 10 yds per catch, and he is not likely to see that many targets again. He will end the year around 750-800 yds and 4-6 tds. looking at your receiving core he is the bottom of that barrel.

If you start 2 QB's I'd keep Pennington and drop Parker. Parker is just about as done as John Madden's Turducken. He looks like he has lost a step and shows no burst when he gets to a hole. I'd stay away from all Pitt RB's this year...only one with any value right now is Mendenhall, and thats only if he can hold on to the ball.

Ted Ginn may be able to give you 6-8 point per week with an occasional TD to boot which would give him an occasional 12point game here and there, but the Dolphins schedule is not favorable, and neither is Chad's deep ball. So as long as the competition is stiff and Pennington is throwing the short bombs :wacko: Ted Ginn will continue to catch and drop to the ground for a 10yard pop here and there.

It's a tough one to comment on, however, if there were more info on the type of league your in and point system, it would help. Gut instinct says drop Parker, with Pennington a CLOSE second (he may give you a nice game here or there, but not worth the space he takes up for it) and not far behind him is Ted Ginn, I am a Dolphin Fan and Ginn is as pedestrian as you can get at a #1WR spot. He is known as Ted 'Where's the Sideline' Ginn. His stats on Monday night look nice, but if you watch him, he is scared to take a hit and he doesn't MAKE the big play. 11 for 108yds also equals a very lame 10 yds per catch, and he is not likely to see that many targets again. He will end the year around 750-800 yds and 4-6 tds. looking at your receiving core he is the bottom of that barrel.

If you start 2 QB's I'd keep Pennington and drop Parker. Parker is just about as done as John Madden's Turducken. He looks like he has lost a step and shows no burst when he gets to a hole. I'd stay away from all Pitt RB's this year...only one with any value right now is Mendenhall, and thats only if he can hold on to the ball.

Ted Ginn may be able to give you 6-8 point per week with an occasional TD to boot which would give him an occasional 12point game here and there, but the Dolphins schedule is not favorable, and neither is Chad's deep ball. So as long as the competition is stiff and Pennington is throwing the short bombs :wacko: Ted Ginn will continue to catch and drop to the ground for a 10yard pop here and there.

Good points all around.

Sorry, I thought I had PPR league in my signature, but did not.

Thanks for the thorough explanation!!

Pennington will give you a good game here and there but so will ever other QB that is on the waivers. Parker if you drop him he will be pickedup almost instantly unless injured.

Very good point made here. I can always pick up another QB that would be just as feasible as Pennington, but probably not the other way around for Parker.

Thanks

I say go with Pennington. Wow you must be a in a really small league if you are asking to drop Bowe.

It's an 8 team league. I just threw it out there for the voting, I really don't wanna drop him.

One thing I should mention that scares me a little, Warner has his bye next week, so if Hasselback is not back by next week, I will have to spend money to get another QB :-(

Not sure about that. Maybe Parker wouldn't be such a bad drop. I already have the hand cuff of LT and Sproles, Rice and McGahee (although I could almost start both at once). Also have Marion Barber. We start 2 RB's, maybe I don't need Parker????

Edited by Piranha-z

Can you get a better QB of the Waivers than Chad Pennington. Keep in mind Pennington has Buffalo in Week 4 and should post acceptable stats...200yds and 2 tds roughly. what are QBs awarded for yards and TD's in your league?

Passing Yards 20 yards per point

Passing Touchdowns 4

Interceptions -1

Leftwich is about it............... It will cost me though, and it would be for one week, although I could keep Parker. Just not sure Parker is worth the holding........

Edited by Piranha-z