[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade for Eli or Big Ben or stay put? I have Hass and Cassel now

Steelhead

I've got Hasselbeck and Cassel and who knows if either will play or play the whole game this week. I have 3 possible options

Option 1 – Owners A has Rodgers as his starter and is offering Eli and Henderson for Ochocinco and Hasselbeck. I am going to counter with Cassel and Robinson or Breaston. Not sure if it’s worth giving up my WR2 for Eli.

His team

QB - Rodgers, Eli

RB - Portis, Westbrook, Benson, C Brown

WR - Steve Smith (NYG), Henderson, Cotchery, A Gonzo, Murphy

TE - Witten

My team

QB - Hasselbeck, Cassel

RB - Gore, F Jackson, Moreno, White

WR - Steve Smith, Ochocinco, Breaston, Robinson, Gage

TE - Gonzo, Daniels

Option 2 – Owner B has Cutler and Big Ben and his WRs are in shambles. I offered him Cassel and his choice of Robinson or Gage for Big Ben and Josh Morgan (he’s got to cut him to take my WR). This trade is better for me because I’m not giving up Hasselbeck or Ocho. I’d rather hang onto Robinson as my WR4 possibly WR3 but it may be worth it to get someone serviceable at QB. He wants to hold onto Schillens and Nicks and I don’t think I’d want either of them anyway. Also of those 2 who should I push, Gage or Robinson?

His team

QB - Cutler, Ben

RB - Barber, T Jones, Grant, Norwood

WR - Fitzy, Housh, Morgan, Schillens, Nicks

TE - Gates

Option 3 – stay put and either start Cassel this week and see if Hass comes back in week 4. Best available FA is Leftwich.

Edited by Steelhead

I'd be surprised if option 2 gave you Ben for Cassel and LR or JG. Good deal for you but doubt it happens, he needs more proven production.

I agree option 1 Eli is not worth giving up Ocho and the upside of a eventually healthy Hass.

Also depends on your record. If you are 2-0 you can play matchups at QB with waiver options. If you are 0-2 you may need to make a trade that helps you now.

-Heroes

Please see mine.

I'm 2-1 (2-0 doubleheader week in week 2). I can definitely just go with Cassel just unsure that he's going to do much and if Hass is out for more than 2 weeks then I'm gonna be in trouble. Waiver wire has Leftwich as the best option. There is nothing out there and due to McNabb and Hass people have been scooping up QBs to keep teams like me from getting replacements

Edited by Steelhead

you're in a tough spot right here, I personally don't like Seattle's OL and think Hasselbeck could spend this year in the sidelines a lot from being constantly dinged...

I'd hate giving up Ocho in that deal...I would say to try and offer Breaston AND Robinson....solidify his depth at WR with more options to choose from...

you're in a tough spot right here, I personally don't like Seattle's OL and think Hasselbeck could spend this year in the sidelines a lot from being constantly dinged...

I'd hate giving up Ocho in that deal...I would say to try and offer Breaston AND Robinson....solidify his depth at WR with more options to choose from...

So you think I should go back at the Eli owner and not try to get Ben? I assume you like Eli better than Ben longterm since your take on Hass is he's gonna be injured alot...which I don't disagree with.

I like Ben and Eli...I just think the Eli owner could benefit more from your trade....

you could also make the same offer to the Ben owner that I suggested as well....they are both a great upgrade over what you have at QB...

agreed. The Ben owner won't want Breaston since he's got Fitzy. I think he's in more dire need of WRs than the Eli owner so that's why I'm hitting him harder.

Of the 2 QBs I have, should I offer Cassel or Hasselbeck? I'm now wondering which of the 2 I should hold onto for the rest of the season.

agreed. The Ben owner won't want Breaston since he's got Fitzy. I think he's in more dire need of WRs than the Eli owner so that's why I'm hitting him harder.

Of the 2 QBs I have, should I offer Cassel or Hasselbeck? I'm now wondering which of the 2 I should hold onto for the rest of the season.

if you give up Ocho....then offer Cassel....

make the original offer I said to the Eli owner...and then hit the Ben owner with Cassel and Ocho if you really want the upgrade at QB....

but really, the Ben owner should consider Ben his starter over Cutler and if you do offer Ocho and hasselbeck, I'd aim for his #1 - which is probablu unthinkable even though his team would be better for it as he'd take a slight downgrade (imo anyways) at QB while making a major addition to his WR core...

also...if you get a chance...check out my post a bit below..

So the Ben owner thinks Robinson and Gage are not better than what he has now so he's not budging on either Ben or Cutler at this point. I would most likely have to trade him Ocho to get either.

Eli owner refuses to take Breaston and Robinson. He wants Ocho and only Ocho. I don't understand it as his WRs are a nightmare too. I could move Ocho but then i'm looking at Steve Smith, Breaston, and Robinson as my starters, plugging Gage or Henderson (would get him in Elii trade) in as necessary. At this point I may be better off just using Cassel and seeing what happens.

Other QBs on waivers are Leftwich, Collins, Kolb, Pennington, Stafford

I'd go ahead and scoop up Kolb this week then....screw him...

and get Leftwich as well...I'd take Leftwich over Cassel....

but for this week, I'd run with 3 QB's...starting Kolb and hass/Leftwich as reserves....

this way you can just play matchups and make the other owners have to step their offers up if they want Ocho...and only Ocho...

good luck....and sorry about the delay in my response :wacko:

I say go for Big Ben. I'm from Pittsburgh and word on the street is that Tomlin is making some moves to give him more protection from the front line. Once he has that, he will be putting up huge numbers. Will probably never be a Drew since Steelers like to run a ton but one of the toughest QB's in the league. I would love to give Big Ben N.O. line for a game or two to see what time in the pocket would give him.

So the Eli owner has a hard on for Ocho. He wants to know how he can get Ocho. I don't know the answer to that, cause I would need Steve Smith (NYG) or cotchery to feel good and I am not sure that is even a fair trade for him - Eli and Smith/Cotchery for Cassel/Ocho.

Or am I overvaluing Ochocinco?

His team

QB - Rodgers, Eli

RB - Portis, Westbrook, Benson, C Brown

WR - Steve Smith (NYG), Henderson, Cotchery, A Gonzo, Murphy

TE - Witten

My team

QB - Hasselbeck, Cassel

RB - Gore, F Jackson, Moreno, White

WR - Steve Smith, Ochocinco, Breaston, Robinson, Gage

TE - Gonzo, Daniels

ok so now the Matt Ryan owner is in the mix. he's got Brees so he can give up Ryan. He wants Fred Jackson and Cassel. He's hurting at RB but that puts me in a bad spot cause then I have to start Lendale White.

His team

QB - Brees, Ryan

RB - D Williams, Mike Bell, Michael Bush, D Ward

WR - Jennings, V Jackson, Manningham, Harvin, S Moss

TE - Keller

Edited by Steelhead