[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Twins/Tigers

MikesVikes

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Twins player Delmon Young got hit by a pitch right before it. So the Tigers were defending themselves?

I was at the game and they threw at Thames twice, the first time hitting him in the shoulder and then they came up and in again. I think because he came in hard at second to break up a double play!

This play-in game is one of the best games I've seen all year, and I don't give a rat's ass about either of these teams.

Seriously, this is just great baseball.

+1

the left fielder's been told since he was about 10 years old, to keep the ball in front of you in that situation. I thought Leyland was gonna have a stroke. :wacko:

Dammit... Looked like Casilla got a bad jump on that tag. Probably the right call to send him, though, with that being the 2nd out. Shake the Gilligan hand. :wacko:

Edit: I intentionally misspelled the profanity, and it was STILL filtered. :D

Edited by Gopher

Dammit... Looked like Casilla got a bad jump on that tag.

Yep... absolutely no reason for the runner to leave the bag on that line drive. Either they catch it (and you're tagging), or it gets through/by or drops for a hit, and the game is over. By leading off the bag, he cost himself a precious half-second. If not for that, he may have beat the throw. Clutch throw, though. :wacko:

And, right after I mentioned Crain, they take him out.

He was bad in the beginning of the year but was pretty good after the break.

Yeah... Nothing against the guy. Like you said, he's pitched pretty well, overall. I think I have a bad outing or two of his, from previous big games (might have even been post-season), etched in my memory. Don't know what it is... that guy just makes me nervous when he takes the mound in a close game. It might also have to do with the fact that he doesn't really have great stuff... he just throws hard, and has pretty good control. Basically, a home run waiting to happen, it seems like.