[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Twins/Tigers

MikesVikes

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

horrible scheduling...should adjust it and play LA/Bos first

The Yankees got to chose if they wanted to play Wednesday or take an extra rest day and play Thursday. Of course they picked Wednesday because of this game. I guess you get that with home field advantage.

The Yankees got to chose if they wanted to play Wednesday or take an extra rest day and play Thursday. Of course they picked Wednesday because of this game. I guess you get that with home field advantage.

Since when does a team get that choice? I've never even heard of that before... home field advantage or not, that's ridiculous. Boston and LA have three full days off, and the winner of this game basically has to jump on a plane within hours of its conclusion Must be a Selig idea... sort of like trying to contract the Twins because small-market teams just can't be competitive in MLB. :wacko:

Rodney is still in?

Seems like he's been in for about four innings. Meanwhile, the Twins have used pitchers so fast that they may have to ask Morneau if he can throw for an inning or so. :wacko:

Since when does a team get that choice? I've never even heard of that before... home field advantage or not, that's ridiculous. Boston and LA have three full days off, and the winner of this game basically has to jump on a plane within hours of its conclusion Must be a Selig idea... sort of like trying to contract the Twins because small-market teams just can't be competitive in MLB. :wacko:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33197389/ns/sports/

Yahooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

One thing to remember is tonites game was supposed to be played last night at the dome but they had some other game going on instead and had to wait until today to play.

:wacko::D:D:D

I have to say, congrats to the Tigers and their fans on a great season... Everyone is talking (and is going to talk) about what a monumental collapse they had, but I don't necessarily think it's justified. The Twins had to play REALLY well to catch them... it's not like last year, when it didn't seem like anybody in the division wanted it. The Tigers should be proud... even though today's outcome wasn't the way they wanted it, they still overachieved this year, in my opinion.

Plus, with this being the last year in the Metrodome, I just think some things are meant to be, sometimes. A lot of special memories from that place... I couldn't think of a better way for it all to end.

What a great game... I actually left the practice round of the President's Cup early today, thinking that my DVR might not work. I wanted to make sure that I caught the last couple of innings, at least, if that were the case. Sure enough, no recording, and I made it home in time to see the 6th inning on. I am very happy that I didn't miss this. :D

:wacko::D:D:D

I have to say, congrats to the Tigers and their fans on a great season... Everyone is talking (and is going to talk) about what a monumental collapse they had, but I don't necessarily think it's justified. The Twins had to play REALLY well to catch them... it's not like last year, when it didn't seem like anybody in the division wanted it. The Tigers should be proud... even though today's outcome wasn't the way they wanted it, they still overachieved this year, in my opinion.

Plus, with this being the last year in the Metrodome, I just think some things are meant to be, sometimes. A lot of special memories from that place... I couldn't think of a better way for it all to end.

What a great game... I actually left the practice round of the President's Cup early today, thinking that my DVR might not work. I wanted to make sure that I caught the last couple of innings, at least, if that were the case. Sure enough, no recording, and I made it home in time to see the 6th inning on. I am very happy that I didn't miss this. :D

The Twins got hot at the right time. Didn't they win 15 out of 18???

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33197389/ns/sports/

Yahooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

One thing to remember is tonites game was supposed to be played last night at the dome but they had some other game going on instead and had to wait until today to play.

I understand both points. I just don't understand why the Yankees get to make that decision. Scheduling conflicts, between different sports teams, happen all the time. MLB needs to get some balls and make the right decision, rather than just letting the chips fall.

Oh well... the Twins have obviously had the deck stacked against them before, so what's one more thing? Maybe, by traveling and playing on such short notice, they won't have time to think about the fact that they're facing their nemesis. :wacko:

I understand both points. I just don't understand why the Yankees get to make that decision. Scheduling conflicts, between different sports teams, happen all the time. MLB needs to get some balls and make the right decision, rather than just letting the chips fall.

Oh well... the Twins have obviously had the deck stacked against them before, so what's one more thing? Maybe, by traveling and playing on such short notice, they won't have time to think about the fact that they're facing their nemesis. :wacko:

Who starts tomorrow? Blacky? Duensing?