[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

National Parks

Yukon Cornelius

I'd recommend taking a few days and heading a little further south and backpack into the Cirque of the Towers in the Wind River Range.

What network is this on? Is it a series?

PBS, I think. They had Muir and Teddy Roosevelt preserving Yosemite the other night.

I'd recommend taking a few days and heading a little further south and backpack into the Cirque of the Towers in the Wind River Range.

What network is this on? Is it a series?

yup series . publics liberal t.v. i mean my god just think of the trees that could be cut down if they didnt have the parks.

Man, I've seen a lot, but still so few of these places. A reminder for how short life is, and how I need to get my son out to see this. Lot of this stuff in my back yard.

Ms Cid and I are trying to get to the all before we die. If you count all the National Parks, Forests, Grasslands and Monuments that's a chit load of places. I was talking to this guy from Britian a while back and he was amazed that most Americans don't have passports. That was until he came over here and realized all the the wonderful things we can see and do without ever leaving our borders.

Ms Cid and I are trying to get to the all before we die. If you count all the National Parks, Forests, Grasslands and Monuments that's a chit load of places. I was talking to this guy from Britian a while back and he was amazed that most Americans don't have passports. That was until he came over here and realized all the the wonderful things we can see and do without ever leaving our borders.

My wife and I talk about this all the time. We have no real desire to travel internationally because of what's available here.

Been to most of the NP - I think of the majors missing are Yosemite (DOH!) and Bryce/Zion (can do both of these in one trip).

Also, make sure to check out National Wildlife Refuges. These get a lot less traffic and can explore some really cool out of the way places. One of my favorites was Kofa NWR in AZ. :wacko:

My wife and I talk about this all the time. We have no real desire to travel internationally because of what's available here.

It's true we have greater variety and more to see than virtually any other country on Earth but if you don't ever travel abroad, you're missing one heck of a lot.

Been to most of the NP - I think of the majors missing are Yosemite (DOH!) and Bryce/Zion (can do both of these in one trip).

Also, make sure to check out National Wildlife Refuges. These get a lot less traffic and can explore some really cool out of the way places. One of my favorites was Kofa NWR in AZ. :wacko:

You got Denali and Volcano too? Very sweet.

LA Coliseum = Roman Coliseum, right? :wacko: