[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad week to start Andre Johnson

The Irish Doggy

Just pointing out a trend for anyone who hasn't paid attention to the Bengal defense this year. vs the Bengals, #1 WRs have been plain shut down so far, but the #2/#3 can be productive.

week 1: marshall 4 for 27. stokley 1 for 87 and 1 TD * (we all know about this one by now)

week 2: jennings 0 receptions, driver 6 for 99 and 1 TD

week 3: holmes 1 for 18, ward 4 for 82, wallace 7 for 102

week 4: edwards 0 , massoquoi 8 for 148

week 5: mason 0, clayton 3 for 36

All those WRs can play at a high level and mostly had solid efforts otherwise this year. I'm sure the Bengals will continue their defensive game plan this week. If they can stop Johnson, they likely stop Houston.

Dare you consider benching a stud?

The problem with going 1:1 on a cornerback like that is that HOU will move AJ all around to get better matchups - he won't stay as a standard split end. ANd all it takes is one or two long catches to give a WR a big game. I saw the same thing which is why I projected the score for Walter instead of AJ but they will throw it to him behind the line if they have to. Against Oakland, AJ had 66 yards on just two catches for instance.

Just pointing out a trend for anyone who hasn't paid attention to the Bengal defense this year. vs the Bengals, #1 WRs have been plain shut down so far, but the #2/#3 can be productive.

week 1: marshall 4 for 27. stokley 1 for 87 and 1 TD * (we all know about this one by now)

All those WRs can play at a high level and mostly had solid efforts otherwise this year. I'm sure the Bengals will continue their defensive game plan this week. If they can stop Johnson, they likely stop Houston.

None of those players are in the same league as AJ (ok, maybe marshall but week 1 he wasn't fully incorporated into the offense)

I haven't checked yet but if we're playing each other in OUTRAGED then this Andre Johnson owner is going to be reeeeeeeeeeeal skeptical about this advice. :wacko:

For various reasons, none of those guys are in AJ's league (or at least weren't during the week in question). Johnson will do just fine.

The problem with going 1:1 on a cornerback like that is that HOU will move AJ all around to get better matchups - he won't stay as a standard split end. ANd all it takes is one or two long catches to give a WR a big game. I saw the same thing which is why I projected the score for Walter instead of AJ but they will throw it to him behind the line if they have to. Against Oakland, AJ had 66 yards on just two catches for instance.

I don't think it's really a situation with Leon Hall shadowing the opposing teams #1 WR, but more of bracket coverage with safety help over the top. The Bengals have successfully forced opposing teams to goto their other options. I see AJohnson having more success, but I doubt he has a big game.

Marshall had major issues week 1 as we all know.

Jennings hasn't produced much all year

Holmes isn't a true #1and is sporadic with his production regardless

Edwards was still in Cleveland and playing Cleveland football.

Mason i can't argue too much with.

good call dude. 5 consecutive weeks isn't enough to say we have a pattern here ...

:wacko:

Dude, Jennings has 2 100 yard games out of 4 games. I know he isn't lighting it up like he was last year, but C'mon. Holmes may not be a true #1, but we took him away from Roeth as an option all game. Yes, Edwards was still in Cle, but we bracketed him all day forcing DA to look elsewhere. Mason is the one you can't argue with? Not understanding your logic.

Dude, Jennings has 2 100 yard games out of 4 games. I know he isn't lighting it up like he was last year, but C'mon. Holmes may not be a true #1, but we took him away from Roeth as an option all game. Yes, Edwards was still in Cle, but we bracketed him all day forcing DA to look elsewhere. Mason is the one you can't argue with? Not understanding your logic.

Didn't you say that Benson wasn't a good play against the BAL D last week?

I'm thinking Johnson goes all "Cedric Benson" over the vaunted Cincy secondary this week.

I'm all for the Bengals having a good year. God knows, they are due. And as a Bensen owner, I'm happy, but as an AJ owner I'm hoping for 100 yards and a TD or two! Maybe Bensen gets 2 tds' and AJ gets 2 td's and... well you know how it works in this game.

I'm all for the Bengals having a good year. God knows, they are due. And as a Bensen owner, I'm happy, but as an AJ owner I'm hoping for 100 yards and a TD or two! Maybe Bensen gets 2 tds' and AJ gets 2 td's and... well you know how it works in this game.

That's what I'm talking about.

Didn't you say that Benson wasn't a good play against the BAL D last week?

I'm thinking Johnson goes all "Cedric Benson" over the vaunted Cincy secondary this week.

I said nothing of the sort, but no one could have anticipated Bensons game against Balt. Maybe it was my younger brother, Private Stanky?

I said nothing of the sort, but no one could have anticipated Bensons game against Balt. Maybe it was my younger brother, Private Stanky?

And no one's going to anticipate Johnson's field day against Cincy on Sunday. That's what I'm talking about!

I've been watching a lot of Bengals football this year (what can I say the games are close), and Leon Hall is the real deal. But he is getting safety help as well. Having said that, Flacco missed a homerun shot which would have decided the game and Rodgers had no time to throw downfield in that game (Rodgers did give Hall credit in postgame interviews though). You know Schaub is going to have to throw 35+ times in this game. there's no way AJ can be held down that long. Like others said, the Bengals have not faced an AJ-caliber recever this year, and frankly there's only 2 or 3 in the league in his class. AJ went 11-143 against CIN last year. Still worried?

And no one's going to anticipate Johnson's field day against Cincy on Sunday. That's what I'm talking about!

Okay, I don't think that's a very good comparison. Balt hadn't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 39 games. Cin has shutdown th #1 WR on teams for the last 4 weeks. No one is saying you should bench AJ, just temper your expectations.