[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where the Wild Things Are

The Irish Doggy

Saw this on imax last night with the mrs and a friend of hers. The friend loved it, wife liked it (kinda lukewarm), I thought it sucked balls.

I didn't realize going in that the action sequences were done in that shaky camera style. Boo. I hate that, but its not the main reason I didn't care for it.

Without spoiling, its a movie that thinks its making a statement about children of divorced parents, but the lesson never pans out imo. Its supposed to be deep, but the only thing I wanted was a deep sleep. I don't think its cute enough for kids to like it, and most of them will leave the theater without understanding the story. The movie is also pretty dark, focusing on a lot of negative emotions, so don't look for a feel good children's story here. The movie just never really jells into a cohesive or enjoyable story.

There have been criticisms that the movie is scary, and I'd say there is some truth to it. A couple 5 and under kids cried at one completely unnecessary part where one monster is hurt by another.

Even imax couldn't save this one.

Edited by The Irish Doggy