[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade options - get Cutler, Ryan, or Favre?

Steelhead

2 man keeper. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE. 0.5 ppr performance league.

My team

Hasselbeck, Cassel

Gore, Moreno, F Jackson, Maroney

Ochocinco, Steve Smith, Breaston, Sidney Rice, Crabtree

A Gonzo, M Lewis

Carney

Steelers

I am 2-5 and not sure if Hasselbeck will be able to be consistent rest of the year given his o-line. Looking to trade for a better QB and here's my options:

Option 1 - Gore / Cassel for Deanglo Williams / Matt Ryan

This gives me a more consistent starter to platoon with Hass. So far Deanglo Williams is a step down from Gore but he’s definitely keeper material in this league. I don’t think the step up in QB is worth trading Gore for DWill

Option 2 - Sidney Rice / Cassel for Favre / Britt or Bryant

Sidney Rice looks to be taking that next step and Britt and Bryant are not desirable.

Option 3 - Sidney Rice / Cassel for Cutler / Hakeem Nicks or Garcon

Cutler I like the best and even though I'm giving up Rice I get Nicks or Garcon which is better than Britt or Bryant

I tried to offer Option 2 guy Breaston as I thought he would be more desirable with a proven track record but he wouldn't bite.

Maybe cause I've had Gore for 4 yrs now but I am still hesitant to trade off Gore. I think Cutler might be a better option than Ryan and Farve.

Trade Option 1 - Ryan, DWill, Moreno, Ocho, Breaston, Rice (and Steve Smith CAR on bench)

Trade Option 2 - Favre, Gore, Moreno, Ocho, Breaston, Britt or Bryant (and Steve Smith CAR on bench)

Trade Option 3 - Cutler, Gore, Moreno, Ocho, Breaston, Nicks or Garcon (and Steve Smith CAR on bench)

It comes down to Ryan v Cutler, Gore v DWill, and Rice v Nicks/Garcon. Rice wins over Nicks (I think), but I like Culter better than Ryan, and Gore slightly over DWill because of the 0.5 ppr. Plus who knows if CAR will really turn it around.

Thoughts?

I take option 3. Cutler is the best of the 3 QBs, plus Nicks is getting more and more involved in the Giants passing game. Losing Rice as he's just starting to blossom is tough, but you need to make a QB move. I make the trade for Cutler/Nicks.

Thanks for the reply.

I like Ryan a bit more than Cutler....better Offense, more options. But not to give up Gore.

I'd go with the Cutler/Nicks deal.....hold firm on Cassel though. I still might do it for Hass. He has a few more good games in him....but some clunkers as well.

Good Luck.

So option 3 backed out. Said rice wasn't a step up enough over nicks to be worth him to move cutler. So I am now looking at the first 2 again.

The Ryan guy will trade Ryan for breaston and hass. That's better than swapping gore and DWill but I am then forced to start ocho, rice and the slumpning steve smith

farve owner will take either breaston or rice plus cassel for favre. I still get Britt but will probably cut him for massaoquoi or Avery if he is available.

I am also inquiring about Palmer or orton for rice. But that guy is hard to deal with so it would be Palmer or nothing.

Lastly I will try Eli for rice or breaston. This guy needs wr help as well

and now the Ryan owner backed out. My only option now is

Favre / Britt or Bryant for Cassel / Breaston or Rice

I need to upgrade at QB so it looks like I'll do this. Question is give him Rice or Breaston?

Lastly I am reaching out to the Eli owner to see if he'll trade him for either of these WRs. Not sure if I like Eli better than Favre at this point.

Steel,

I would do the trade for Favre but keep Rice. Two reasons. First, Rice is a serious riser who has made the case to become the WR1 (or atleast WR1a) on his team. In AZ, Breaston will always be the #3WR (albeit they are a high scoring offense). Second reason, I know there are lots of opinions about the QB/WR combo deal on teams...I like it when the situation is right. And Favre to Rice is hot right now. Stick them both in your lineup and ride the point wave while it's there - hopefully, it will continue all year.

Let us know if your deal for Eli becomes something real that we can give you feedback on once all the trade pieces are in place.

Pls see my post - I also have a trade on the table I need some help with. Always appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Update: the Ryan deal went through afterall. I sent Breaston and Hasselbeck over for Ryan. I'll have to pick up some junk as my WR4 (currently have Crabtree) but I think it will be worth it. Jacoby Jones (we get kick/punt return pts), Mark Clayton, Mike Wallace, Maclin, Massaquoi, and Gage are people that are available.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Grab Maclin - Curtis is out possibly for the year. The WR2 job is his for a long time. Clayton is a joke. Jones is interesting, but I would rather the #2 WR on a team. Massaquoi....who knows on the Browns what his value is...and Wallace is intriguing but there are fifteen scoring options ahead of him. On another squad, he might be the breakout rookie of the year.

I go with Maclin.