[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benson - man on a mission

The Irish Doggy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears have reached a new low.

Any Chicago Bear team that I've ever watched would not get blown out by 40+ points.

I will now call for a coaching change.

At least it wasn't a shutout. :D

3 4 Observations:

1) Whoever invented the cover 2 should be keel hauled.

2) Benson never ran like that for the Bears. When he got hit he went down, 'O' line regardless.

3) When the 'D' is out there they aren't set when the ball is snapped. "Lovie concentrate on the team and stop micromanaging the 'D'".

4) Pace is getting beat all over the place and he was supposed to be the anchor??? Yeah right. :wacko:

the most complete game by the bengals i've ever seen. what a day to be down at the stadium with my youngest to show him what a good team can do! palmer 5 TDs, benson gone wild, the defense getting 3 picks ... hell, even huber's lone punt was a beauty (he was run into on his other one).

i did not expect this at all coming out of the houston game. i was hoping they would sharpen up after that ugly loss and man did they. nice to have this baby before a bye week so we lowly bengal fans can do a bit of basking.

tough 2-game stretch coming up with baltimore and pittsburgh that i think will define the season. it's been a great start, but we need to get at least 1 of the next 2 games to solidify things.

but, hey, for now, it's a great day to be a bengals fan!

:wacko:

tough 2-game stretch coming up with baltimore and pittsburgh that i think will define the season. it's been a great start, but we need to get at least 1 of the next 2 games to solidify things.

but, hey, for now, it's a great day to be a bengals fan!

:wacko:

They've been through the toughest part of the season and came out smelling like roses. Only 1 of 7 teams they faced so far has a losing record. After the bye, 4 of 9 have losing records. :D

They've been through the toughest part of the season and came out smelling like roses. Only 1 of 7 teams they faced so far has a losing record. After the bye, 4 of 9 have losing records. :wacko:

yeah, i know, but i want another win against bal/pitt. i don't want those 2 teams coming back after their losses to the bengals and beating them. i think losing both of these would deflate the season and not give the bengals much confidence if they make the playoffs. you need that momentum in the 2nd half and getting one of these two wins will give it to them and hopefully have them rolling over some bad teams.

if they lose both, then there will be talk that it was just an easy schedule ... we all now that the 1st half can fade into memory pretty quick.

yeah, i know, but i want another win against bal/pitt. i don't want those 2 teams coming back after their losses to the bengals and beating them. i think losing both of these would deflate the season and not give the bengals much confidence if they make the playoffs. you need that momentum in the 2nd half and getting one of these two wins will give it to them and hopefully have them rolling over some bad teams.

if they lose both, then there will be talk that it was just an easy schedule ... we all now that the 1st half can fade into memory pretty quick.

Yeah, it seems the common perception is that Pit and Bal are still better teams than Cincy. Ironically, they are the ones with the easier schedules so far, but that's what you get when you are a perennial loser like our Bungles.

Yeah, it seems the common perception is that Pit and Bal are still better teams than Cincy. Ironically, they are the ones with the easier schedules so far, but that's what you get when you are a perennial loser like our Bungles.

No Bungles fan here but, as a Benson and Bungles D owner, I'm continually waiting for the other shoe to drop.

4) Pace is getting beat all over the place and he was supposed to be the anchor??? Yeah right. :wacko:

I recall some Bear fans regarding the signing of Pace as some sort of HUGE upgrade....yeah, maybe 4 years ago. Right now he's like Ruben Brown - big reputation, mediocre (at best) ability.

I recall some Bear fans regarding the signing of Pace as some sort of HUGE upgrade....yeah, maybe 4 years ago. Right now he's like Ruben Brown - big reputation, mediocre (at best) ability.

Like Muhsin was gonna be the answer to our WR's problems. :wacko:

Benson and Ocho were considered left for dead coming into the season...I drafted them in zero leagues... :D

I will metion I did want Ocho but I wanted him in the 4th round he kept going right before my pick :D

I never wanted Benson...who knew ? :wacko:

Someone please convince Benson he's playing against the Bears every week moving forward. I am seriously impressed. That guy was my ONE saving grace this week. Now it all comes down to tonight's game where I have an 8 point lead with both of us playing one guy in the game. Oh DeSean Jackson please dont let me down!

Edited by grobert81

Benson ran like an animal on Sunday from the beginning he went all out was very impressive. Glad I drafted him on two of my teams, I remember last year on week 16 I had him started during that 170 yard game to help me match my opponents top scorer D Williams (had 3 TDs that march up) help me win the championship.

These next games for Cincy will definitely be the games to watch the in upcoming weeks there's gonna be good battle for the AFC East by the end of the season. Ravens and Steelers are going to be coming strong for those games.

When Palmer is efficient as in this past game he is one of the best qb's to watch in the league no doubt. I see him being a top 5 QB next year

I traded Brandon Marshal for Benson one in league. Sounds like a high price for Benson but as the weather turns colder you can bet this guy is going have more days like this.

If there's one thing I've noticed about Benson, or the playcalling, for whatever reason the bengals have abandoned the run in so-called 'good RB matchups' (Cle, Hou) but they stick to the balanced attack against tough matchups (pitt, chi). Jason LaConfora of NFLN suggested Benson thrives against 3-4 defenses but the blocking has struggled against 4-3s. Well that notion was put to rest Sunday. I hope he gets his 20+ carries going forward.

Yep, picked him up cheap at the end of last year and kept him this year. He was the clear cut #1 at the end of last year for Cinci, and nothing changed that during the offseason. I was just hoping he wouldn't do something stupid to screw up the opportunity. Cheap keeper that will be on my roster next year as well. Pairing him with AP has been great. Now if Lynch would decide to do something that would help as well.