[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yankees/Phillies

whomper

I want to stab Joe Buck in the face for mentioning that Hamels had a no-hitter going in the 4th.....2 batters later the homer comes...

and the ball was coming down....there's no telling that it may have caught the top of the rail and bounced in.....it was inconclusive imo...especially since the camera was extended over the rail...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to stab Joe Buck in the face for mentioning that Hamels had a no-hitter going in the 4th.....2 batters later the homer comes...

You can just picture Joe Buck leaning back in his chair with that swarmy, smug look on his face thinking to himself:

" Joe Buck broke up the no-hitter. "

Edited by Chief Dick

If anyone was to blame for Hamels blowing the no-hitter it was Hamels. He decided to break out the curveball and the Yankees, including Pettitte, decided to smack it all over the field. He should've just stuck with what was working.

So now the Yanks take one from Philly in Philly and just need 2 more wins with Sabathia going tonight and then having the last 2 games in NY. I'm loving the position we're in now!! I doubt the Yanks lose both games in Philly and if that's the case we only need one back in NY.

A question for Philly fans. being down 2-1 and CC going for the Yanks meaning if it goes 7 CC will be able to pitch game 7 why is Charlie boy going with Blanton today and Lee for game 5 meaning if it goes 7 Lee will not be able to start it and they have to go with Hamels in game 7 with MAYBE Lee being able to pitch an inning or two if needed. The way Lee pitched in the first game you would think that Charlie would pitch him today because this is a must win situation cause there is no way the Yanks are going are going to lose the last two at home, maybe one but not both. They had the best home record in MLB this year. Just wondering what is being said in Philly land.

At least the 76's beat the Knicks last nite to stop a weekend sweep for the New Yorkers. :wacko:

Edited by SLAYER

A question for Philly fans. being down 2-1 and CC going for the Yanks meaning if it goes 7 CC will be able to pitch game 7 why is Charlie boy going with Blanton today and Lee for game 5 meaning if it goes 7 Lee will not be able to start it and they have to go with Hamels in game 7 with MAYBE Lee being able to pitch an inning or two if needed. The way Lee pitched in the first game you would think that Charlie would pitch him today because this is a must win situation cause there is no way the Yanks are going are going to lose the last two at home, maybe one but not both. They had the best home record in MLB this year. Just wondering what is being said in Philly land.

At least the 76's beat the Knicks last nite to preserve a weekend sweep for the New Yorkers. :wacko:

I thought the same thing. I don't want to see Hamels again this year. I pitch Lee tonight and if the Phils win I go Blanton tomorrow and then go Pedro 6 Lee 7 in NY if need be. What bothers me the most is that Happ was the most consistent SP for the Phils all year and they move him to the bullpen for the playoffs. I understand they wanted a lefty in the bullpen but it hurt the rotation IMO. The only reason I see why Charlie wouldn't pitch Lee tonight is that Lee never pitched on 3 days rest before.

The only reason I see why Charlie wouldn't pitch Lee tonight is that Lee never pitched on 3 days rest before.

And there's the answer to the question. Also, the Phillies already turned CC over once so there's no reason they shouldn't do it again.

And there's the answer to the question. Also, the Phillies already turned CC over once so there's no reason they shouldn't do it again.

ARod career BA against Blanto .541, enough said. and if you never did something before how do you know if you can unless you try. Mo has blown a game or two in his time also, but do you want to see him in the 9th because you beat him once before.

ARod career BA against Blanto .541, enough said. and if you never did something before how do you know if you can unless you try. Mo has blown a game or two in his time also, but do you want to see him in the 9th because you beat him once before.

Excellent points. With the Yankee win last night and CC coming up today, the Phillies are in big trouble. If the Yanks win again tonight, things are basically over with the Yanks only needed one more win and having 2 games left at home.

Walk him.

they rather hit him with the pitch. I'm just saying that it would make more sense to me if they started Lee, but if he is pussily enough that he cannot pitch on 3 days rest fine with me.

and the ball was coming down....there's no telling that it may have caught the top of the rail and bounced in.....it was inconclusive imo...especially since the camera was extended over the rail...

Um , Joe Buck has no magical powers that allow him to help Yankees get a hit or Arod get a homer just because he uttered the words no hitter

and it was a HR ...it was not inconclusive since we all should have seen the same replays over and over ...it hit the camera which was over the fence and thus a HR

At least the 76's beat the Knicks last nite to stop a weekend sweep for the New Yorkers. :wacko:

Letting Blanton pitch tonight pretty much gives the series to the Yanks. Terrible decision. Sure Lee has never pitched on 3 days rest but there's a 1st time for everything

and it was a HR ...it was not inconclusive since we all should have seen the same replays over and over ...it hit the camera which was over the fence and thus a HR

Umm, maybe if it was behind the fence not sure why over makes it definitive.

Either way I think it may have cleared it, looks to me like it would have hit the top of the fence but in the whole scheme of things it didn't matter

Arod was also 5-11 , 2 hr, 6 rbi's lifetime vs Lee and he went 0-4 with 3 strikeouts...So I guess those stats mean nothing..... :wacko:

Arod was also 5-11 , 2 hr, 6 rbi's lifetime vs Lee and he went 0-4 with 3 strikeouts...So I guess those stats mean nothing..... :wacko:

Babe Ruth would have had trouble hitting Lee the way he was dealing the other day. So again why not start him today in a MUST win situation for Philly.

ARod career BA against Blanto .541, enough said. and if you never did something before how do you know if you can unless you try.

not sure a hugh game with the series on the line is the place for experiments. I am more than OK with Blanton tonight. he has come up hugh this year, the Phils have owned CC, and if they can win tonight, there is an excellent chance we head to NY up 3-2.

ETA: sp

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Either way I think it may have cleared it, looks to me like it would have hit the top of the fence but in the whole scheme of things it didn't matter

It was conclusive in that it hit the camera ...that was my point more than anything else

by hitting the camera which was above the fence ( higher than the fence ) it was a HR .

that, and the fact that it clearly states in the Bank's groundrules that if a ball hits a camera above or beyond the outfield wall, it's a home run. that's why the umps came back so quickly with a decision....no brainer.

Letting Blanton pitch tonight pretty much gives the series to the Yanks. Terrible decision. Sure Lee has never pitched on 3 days rest but there's a 1st time for everything

Gotta agree. This is a must-win for the Phils and Lee would have worked it out, you gotta think. Maybe it was proposed and shot down? :wacko:

Well, as I type this, the Phils did just get two on with no outs with Utley and then Howard up.