[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yankees/Phillies

whomper

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone was to blame for Hamels blowing the no-hitter it was Hamels. He decided to break out the curveball and the Yankees, including Pettitte, decided to smack it all over the field. He should've just stuck with what was working.

So now the Yanks take one from Philly in Philly and just need 2 more wins with Sabathia going tonight and then having the last 2 games in NY. I'm loving the position we're in now!! I doubt the Yanks lose both games in Philly and if that's the case we only need one back in NY.

really?...thanks for bringing me back to reality here captain obvious...

good shtuff here though, the better team is going to win this series...

really?...thanks for bringing me back to reality here captain obvious...

good shtuff here though, the better team is going to win this series...

Any time. :D

And it's all but in the bag! Hugh games 3 and 4 and now it's time to prep the parade festivities!! :wacko:

I give the Philly fans some crap, but you're right, they don't hold a candle to the annoying Spankee fans.

And the haters should start oozing out of the woodwork for sure now. :wacko: You really can't blame Yankee fans for their extreme arrogance. I mean really, we've won a whole lot!! :D

And it's all but in the bag! Hugh games 3 and 4 and now it's time to prep the parade festivities!! :wacko:

I disagree, the Phillies needed to win tonight so we can take the lead when Lee pitches tomorrow.....it was the games after that one that had me worried because someone else would have to actually win a game to close out the series...

now Lee has to win and then we win 2 more times.....I just don't see it happening...

Phillies aren't hitting and the yankees are making our relief pitchers look like the trash they have been the majority of the season....

Rollins, Victorino and Ibanez have irritated me to no end.....Howard's performance was expected so I'm not as mad at him as I am the others - especially Victorino who has kept swinging at every kind of pitch thrown until today and Rollins thinks he's going to hit a homerun every time he's at the plate...

I disagree, the Phillies needed to win tonight so we can take the lead when Lee pitches tomorrow.....it was the games after that one that had me worried because someone else would have to actually win a game to close out the series...

now Lee has to win and then we win 2 more times.....I just don't see it happening...

That's exactly what I'm saying, games 3 and moreso tonight's game were big because now I can care less what Lee does tomorrow as the Yanks only need one win and will surely get that, at the very least, in one of the remaining 2 home games. The Phillies needed to tie this series tonight and should've pitched Lee. They didn't and probably blew it by not doing so.

Uh, fixed.

:wacko: Very true but I'll take it any way that it comes as I'm sure most fans would. Can't fault the men with the deep pockets for spending their dough to win titles. I'm sure many other fans wish their teams could do the same.

salary cap?

As a Yankee fan, I'm happy with the way things are. Would a salary cap even the playing field? Maybe. But the Yanks haven't won in quite some time and some smaller market teams have gotten there and won. So, it's not all about the $$ but sometimes more about the team chemistry which the Yanks also have this year.

As a Yankee fan, I'm happy with the way things are. Would a salary cap even the playing field? Maybe. But the Yanks haven't won in quite some time and some smaller market teams have gotten there and won. So, it's not all about the $$ but sometimes more about the team chemistry which the Yanks also have this year.

Roidriguez knows all about team chemistry...wait or is that pharmacology that he knows about :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

Yanks sure do look to have this in the bag...all we can hope for is that Lee and Pedro can win back to back games because at that point anything can happen in a game 7

:fingerscrossed:

Hey, if the Phils can get this to game 7, then you're certainly right, anything can happen. That's a big IF though. I can see Lee winning tomorrow night and then Pettitte winning game 6 at Yankee Stadium.

Roidriguez knows all about team chemistry...wait or is that pharmacology that he knows about :wacko:

He didn't know what he took, did he? :D

Edited by irish

I'm just curious why everyone on these boards spells HUGE - "hugh". Maybe I'm missing something - or I just had too much to drink tonight.

I'm just curious why everyone on these boards spells HUGE - "hugh". Maybe I'm missing something - or I just had too much to drink tonight.

You are missing something. From a now purged 2001 thread with that spelling got things going and hugh is still on.

For those that say Yankees bought their championships :wacko: . Yes since FA they have won't argue with that, but back in the day is when they won most of them and that was all about scouting, trading and coaching.

As I alluded to in post 1 the Yanks got to Lidge. While the Phillies have made Mariano work he ends up getting the job done . No quit in the Phillies though. They are an impressive team and Utley absolutely owns CC. Gonna be tough to take 3 from the Yanks.

As far as the Yanks methods. Speaking strictly of Free agent signings Cashman finally got it this year and the guys that came in werent at the tail end of their career a la Randy Johnson. CC, Tex and Burnett. Good core guys and with personality to boot. I do believe the Yanks have Chemistry which is something they have lacked over the years aside from their old school guys like Jeter Mariano posada and Pettite.

ARod seemed to dump the baggage. I guess with his divorce and the Roids thing behind him he is playing much looser this year .

I am not a Phillies fan just because I hate the Eagles so much :wacko: but honestly this is a very talented likeable group of guys. If Lee stops the bleeding you never know. Gonna be tough to win 2 at the stadium if he does but stranger things can happen and one thing the Phillies have going for them is thgey arent in awe and afraid of the Yankees which some teams are.

As I alluded to in post 1 the Yanks got to Lidge. While the Phillies have made Mariano work he ends up getting the job done . No quit in the Phillies though. They are an impressive team and Utley absolutely owns CC. Gonna be tough to take 3 from the Yanks.

As far as the Yanks methods. Speaking strictly of Free agent signings Cashman finally got it this year and the guys that came in werent at the tail end of their career a la Randy Johnson. CC, Tex and Burnett. Good core guys and with personality to boot. I do believe the Yanks have Chemistry which is something they have lacked over the years aside from their old school guys like Jeter Mariano posada and Pettite.

ARod seemed to dump the baggage. I guess with his divorce and the Roids thing behind him he is playing much looser this year .

I am not a Phillies fan just because I hate the Eagles so much :wacko: but honestly this is a very talented likeable group of guys. If Lee stops the bleeding you never know. Gonna be tough to win 2 at the stadium if he does but stranger things can happen and one thing the Phillies have going for them is thgey arent in awe and afraid of the Yankees which some teams are.

Good info here.

For those that say Yankees bought their championships :wacko: . Yes since FA they have won't argue with that, but back in the day is when they won most of them and that was all about scouting, trading and coaching.

So there used to be a salary cap in place "back in the day" then?

Yanks just stronger , deeper than Phillies

But then again Yankees went out and signed three key players to help them get it done

The Salary Cap (lack of ) is always an issue for me in baseball

While overspending will not guarantee success ( see mets ) , when you spend as much as the Yankees do which includes spending to cover up mistakes and previously bad signings ( which no team can do like the Yankess do and spend ) , you will be successful

I honestly believe if there was a cap in baseball (say 125 million even ) , the Yankees would not sniff the playoffs or WS

They spend so much that they do not need a GM to make tough decisions on payroll ...They just go out and get what they want ...Anyone of us here could be Yankees GM based on their current modus operanda