[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Horror movie suggestions

REZ

Since my 4th son started high school, me and the boys stay home on Halloween and rent horror movies and eat bad for you food all day long.

The boys tend to like the gory slasher films and I tend to like the more suspenseful ones.

Looking for some suggestions of movies that are pretty good that weren't as much mainstream (Saw, Halloween, et cetera).

I know, a good slasher film? But some of them are at least decent to pretty good and I'm looking for some titles we might've missed.

Since my 4th son started high school, me and the boys stay home on Halloween and rent horror movies and eat bad for you food all day long.

The boys tend to like the gory slasher films and I tend to like the more suspenseful ones.

Looking for some suggestions of movies that are pretty good that weren't as much mainstream (Saw, Halloween, et cetera).

I know, a good slasher film? But some of them are at least decent to pretty good and I'm looking for some titles we might've missed.

Not a fan of the slasher films. I gravitate more toward monsters:

American Werewolf in London

The Evil Dead

John Carpenter's The Thing

Not a fan of the slasher films. I gravitate more toward monsters:

American Werewolf in London

The Evil Dead

John Carpenter's The Thing

All great choices there.

Sticking with Carpenter, I alway liked Prince of Darkness.

Tons and tons of B-movie slashers out there that I always thought were more funny than scary.

Silent Night/Deadly Night

Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 2

Truth or Dare - a truly horrible movie, but lots of laughs.

Alien is always a good one

The Howling

The Hitcher

I can only think of obvious ones eg Shining, the orig Nightmare on Elm St etc - then again I hate horror films so that's probably why.

You're welcome

Well wait, what was the one with Cusack - "The Identity" or something - IMO that was a good in a suspense kinda way.

I can only think of obvious ones eg Shining, the orig Nightmare on Elm St etc - then again I hate horror films so that's probably why.

You're welcome

Well wait, what was the one with Cusack - "The Identity" or something - IMO that was a good in a suspense kinda way.

Identity is awesome. Highly recommended.

Psycho is be best horror movie ever - HANDS DOWN. If they haven't seen it, they need to.

I just saw Paranormal Experiences (or something like that) on missedashow.com last night and it was very good.

Phantasm 1 and 2 are creepy.

The Shining and It are also goodens

Some people love it and some people hate it but The Blair Witch Project in a neat piece of film making.

They've all seen the Shining, Children of the Corn, nightmare on Elm st, all that crap.

This is our 5th year doing it and we normally get in a half dozen movies each year.

Identity is one I don't remember. Going to check that out.

We are probably hitting the theater Thursday night and seeing Saw VI or Paranormal activity.

Anybody see Drag me to Hell? just came out on DVD. Wondering if that's any good.

Anybody see Drag me to Hell? just came out on DVD. Wondering if that's any good.

It's a blast. Very much in the vein of Raimi's Evil Dead movies.

Feast and Slither are also really good "group" movies. We just watched an obscure little flick called Splinter that was pretty solid.

Which version?

The original with Rutger Hauer (sp?)

And I wasn't that big a fan of Drag Me to Hell. Not for anything Raimi did or didn't do for the movie, I just couldn't stand the female lead character in that flick so I really didn't have a lot of sympathy for her plight.

Edited by SeductiveNun