[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mont. jury awards $850,000 in aluminum bat lawsuit

buddahj

I doubt there are 12 liberals resident in Montana.

There are plenty, and coincedently, they mostly live in Helena and Missoula.

Now that I've given Perch some fuel, my real opinion . . . The jury got emotionally played by the lawyer(s) to sympathize with a family that suffered a tragic loss of a great kid. It was well played by the lawyer(s) but sucks as a presedence.

They will never get that little kid back either.

Really, are you sure? How is the bat manufacturers fault. Sometimes manure happens and it isn't anyone's fault. When it does, people need to stop looking for someone to blame or bilk.

. . . The jury got emotionally played by the lawyer(s) to sympathize with a family that suffered a tragic loss of a great kid. It was well played by the lawyer(s) but sucks as a presedence.

That's pretty much my stance. It's a ludicrous decision (absent any other data than that made public) and it's certainly based on emotion not logic.

Edit: Wouldn't this verdict reopen the "sue the gun manufacturer" argument too?

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Will one of you guys point me to a comprehensive review of the litigation and the events at trial? You know, like who testified and what did he or she say, or maybe what was introduced as evidence?

TIA

Will one of you guys point me to a comprehensive review of the litigation and the events at trial? You know, like who testified and what did he or she say, or maybe what was introduced as evidence?

TIA

A lot of people don't know, but the Louisville Slugger "Whomper" bat was upgraded to the new model, the "Kid Smasher" a few years back. A lot of people would call that a smoking gun in this case.

TIA

I'd rather just do an emotional knee jerk and make myself feel intelligent.

A lot of people don't know, but the Louisville Slugger "Whomper" bat was upgraded to the new model, the "Kid Smasher" a few years back. A lot of people would call that a smoking gun in this case.

Thats how I got my screen name