[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maclin vs Crabtree and Moreno vs Maroney

Steelhead

I have Sidney Rice on bye and starting Ocho vs BAL and Steve Smith @NO. my options for the 3rd WR are

Maclin vs DAL

Crabtree vs TEN

Maclin has been scoring the past couple weeks and does well at home. Crabtree has looked better in each game he's played and he had the most yds and rec by WR for SF last week. I am thinking Crabtree has the better chance of both TD and yds in this one, but Maclin's one play away from getting a TD as well.

Or should I start both those guys and sit Steve Smith (CAR). Tough call there IMO.

I need to pick between these 2 RBs to pair alongside Gore

Maroney vs MIA

Moreno vs PIT

I hate starting NE rbs but Maroney has the better matchup unless Moreno gets a ton of checkdowns from Orton.

Appreciate your thoughts! I'm in Vegas right now but will get back any others as soon as possible. Thanks!

Man, that's a toughie. You could really make a pretty good argument for any of those options.

While I like the Maclin/McNabb connection better than the Smith/Crabtree (as far as ability), Crabtree has alot less competition in an offense that doesn't have the weapons to spread it around so much. You add in Westy coming back, and the Maclin is as much of a risk as ever to be a boom or bust. Of course, Crabtree/Smith could struggle, but Alex Smith is far more likely to lean on Crabtree than is McNabb to any WR. The only issue there is whether you want to handcuff the performances of both Crabtree and Gore.

As for Maroney vs. Moreno, that's the even tougher call. Maroney is sure to get the carries this week, but he hasn't exactly dazzled, and Miami's run D is still pretty darn good. As a UGA alum, I obviously love Moreno, and am not surprised at all that he has the fewest negative yard plays of any NFL back this year. The kid fights for yards, and has some of the prettiest 3-5 yd runs ever.... But that probably won't be the case against the Steeler D.

But at least Gore has a pretty good matchup. I'd roll with Crabtree and Maroney as the safer picks, even though you could really justify doing the opposite.

While I like the Maclin/McNabb connection better than the Smith/Crabtree (as far as ability), Crabtree has alot less competition in an offense that doesn't have the weapons to spread it around so much. You add in Westy coming back, and the Maclin is as much of a risk as ever to be a boom or bust.

I would take Maclin vs Dallas almost any day given his current rapport with McNabb. Expect Dalls to focus a TON of energy on DeSean Jackson, which will give Maclin and Brent Celek nice breakout games.

Maroney and Moreno are BOTH Shaky Starts. Maroney will more than likely lose touches to Sammy Morris this week, and Moreno is up against one of the best run defenses in the league. (COuple that with Moreno's Pitiful 39 yard display at Baltimore last week, I cant see it getting much better vs Pitt.)

That said, I would PROBABLY start Moreno over Maroney (Since Moreno is almost guaranteed more touches.. ) but hey.. Any given Sunday, right? =)

I'm going to go off the norm here a bit, and pick Crabtree @ WR and Maroney @ RB.

Crabtree - to me he’s already looking like the primary target for Smith, while in Philly McNabb is really spreading that ball around. Crabtree to me seems the safer bet for points.

@ RB I'm going to say Maroney - I don't think the Pats will have issues putting point up on Miami, and as such I see them switching to a run based attack pretty early in the game. I think Denver-Pitt will be a shootout, where Moreno might get boxed out of touched.

That's my 2 cents - good luck.

See my post when you have a minute.

Maroney will more than likely lose touches to Sammy Morris this week

Looks like Morris is still out indefinitely, and for sure this week. He should be back soon, but won't be ready to suit up for this game. I agree with the logic on Maclin though. I'm starting him this week (although out of bye-week necessity).