[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week nine survivor pick

madman34698

I usually go with the home team rule. Leaning toward Seattle this week as well. Scary. Other options- Atlanta, Jax, and NE.

Still deciding between Seattle and Atlanta.

My options are Atlanta (over Washington), Seattle (over Detroit) and Jacksonville (over KC).

All 3 are home teams.

Seattle is just so damned bad, that I just can't do it. Never underestimate the depths to which an awful team can sink.

Atalnta is obvioulsy the strongest of the 3 home teams, but they have the best opponent of the 3 as well.

Finally, Jacksonville is playing a punchless KC. Garrard plays better at home, the team has a great run game .

I am actually leaning towards Jacksonville (saving Atlanta for a future week, like week 12 when they host tampa bay).

Edited by Dcat

My pick is NO at home over Carolina!! Haven't used them yet and this is the perfect opportunity!

This looks like it could be one of those inter-division trap games. It makes me a little nervous. Probably fine, but it makes me a little nervous. (I already used NO anyway, though.)

Staying away from ATL despite being undefeated at home against a winless-on-the-road WAS. WAS comes off a bye, ATL off a short week after a tough loss to NO. There are better options.

You have to like JAX since this is the only week you could ever hope to use them, but Charles may run effectively with a fire under him and a chance to prove himself. Still enticing. KC's road win came over WAS and JAX's home loss was against ARI.

SEA against DET is tempting also, but the Hawks haven't done much to inspire confidence except wins over JAX and STL, not that DET offers much more competition.

NO is a good pick against CAR, but their next two weeks are great also, despite being on the road. So they're a waste if you have other options.

IND over HOU is also worth a look.

But the pick of the week is obviously GB over TB. You don't get any more mileage from GB until week 12 against DET.

At the end of the day, I'm going with JAX as I've used GB + IND and want to hold onto NO for help in the coming weeks. Best of luck to all this week.

My top available choices this week in my pool are Seattle and New Orleans. I think the combo of Seattle vs Detroit this week, and New Orleans vs St Louis in week 10 is better than going with New Orleans vs Carolina this week, and teams that would be available to me in week 10, so I am picking Seattle.