[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris "Beanie" Wells

RussMan

Beanie Wells rushed 16 times or 85 yards and two touchdowns and added two receptions for 32 yards to lead the Cardinals over the Seahawks in Week 10, 31-20.

The Cardinals unleashed the beast in the second half, with Wells shaking tackles and punishing defenders while finishing off his runs with authority. The 13-yard touchdown in the the fourth quarter was a highlight reel effort, showingcasing his explosiveness and physicality. Wells had 16 carries to Tim Hightower's 10, and he's emerging as the preferred choice in the red zone. He's a viable RB2 at St. Louis next week.

Man the kid looked good today. Both his TD's were impressive. One for his speed, the other for his power. He looked chiseled and quick today. Kept his feet going through contact. I was very surprised the commentators kept telling storeis about his work ethic, and how he got his body into the condition it is in now. They kept him in the garage while he learned the system, but now he adds a completely different dimension to that team, especially when they are ahead late.

I traded for him in alot of my leagues, hope this continues.

I obviously felt bad trading him yesterday, but I have Kurt Warner and Breaston on that particular team. My RBs were Knowshon, Slaton and Wells going into the weekend and I was 7-2. I have an incredible set of WRs (Wayne, Andre Johnson, Breaston, Steve Smith (NYG) and Burleson). So shoring up my RB position was a necessity. Obviously the answer may have been on my roster all along - or maybe not. Its a keeper league too, and keeping both Wells and Moreno was possible but I have a great shot to win the league this year if I improved my RB situation.

I got Maroney and Sammy Morris back in return plus Manningham as a handcuff for Smith. Im hoping though to play Breaston most weeks to take advantage of the weak schedule Arizona faces.

I thought Wells looked awesome yesterday but I think annointing him the savior of anyone's season at this point is a huge leap of faith. The Patriots have a great schedule during the fantasy playoffs but of course Belichick does as Belichick does. Im hoping Sammy Morris reclaims his lead back job though and gets 70% of the carries. If he does he will be a great 3rd RB. If Slaton gets his starting job back I would be starting him with Moreno every week anyway. If Slaton doesnt Im hoping to plug Sammy Morris in going forward.

Having said that, after watching Beanie yesterday I wish I hadnt pulled the trigger.

:wacko:

I played him last week in my infinite wisdom. :D Still, I have some reservations. I can choose between him, Jamal Lewis, and Donald Brown from here on out. I just don't see him taking over the position this season. If he was the starting RB, he might be able to post RB2 numbers. I hope the talk is true that the Cards are trying to transition to a more balanced offense. I also hope they transition this year. :wacko:

I also picked up ARI DST a few weeks ago... I'm a lock for the playoffs and am drooling at the matchups.

Edited by jdub!

Would you start him if he is getting 50% of the carries and goal line work.. regardless if he is starting?

The answer is YES. Starter in name doesnt mean as much as who gets the rock the most... especially if its near the stripe.

After hightower failed to punch it in from the 1 yd line and then Beanie ran over and through guys.... I'd say he is in line for more work.

Jamal Lewis.. you see know what his upside is in that horrible offense. No TDs and one foot in retirement.

I played him last week in my infinite wisdom. :D Still, I have some reservations. I can choose between him, Jamal Lewis, and Donald Brown from here on out. I just don't see him taking over the position this season. If he was the starting RB, he might be able to post RB2 numbers. I hope the talk is true that the Cards are trying to transition to a more balanced offense. I also hope they transition this year. :wacko:

I also picked up ARI DST a few weeks ago... I'm a lock for the playoffs and am drooling at the matchups.

Thats why I (unfortunately) traded Beanie. Im 8-2 and a lock for the playoffs too. I was looking at my RBs - Knowshon, Slaton and Beanie and realized that I couldnt really count on any one of them. Beanie to me was the biggest risk - and then he exploded this week. Im still kicking myself. But the fact remains, we dont know for sure we can rely on the Cards commitment to the run or to Wells. Hightower clearly is the starter and remains the preference in passing downs. But...looking at that schedule, its likely that they will be running down the stretch and trying to keep Warner upright. I think Wells is going to be a huge factor going forward now and I am just killing myself.

I might have blown a chance to win my league by trading him and its also a keeper league too. Double whammy.

• 3 weeks later...

Tim Hightower (questionable, thumb) was limited in Friday's practice.

The questionable tag is a surprise because there hasn't been any hint that Hightower might miss Sunday night's tilt with Minnesota. It's also unlikely that a thumb injury would cause him to be inactive, but Chris Wells is still a good bet to lead Arizona in touches. Hightower could see fewer looks in the passing game if he didn't catch the ball well in practice this week.

Tim Hightower (questionable, thumb) was limited in Friday's practice.

The questionable tag is a surprise because there hasn't been any hint that Hightower might miss Sunday night's tilt with Minnesota. It's also unlikely that a thumb injury would cause him to be inactive, but Chris Wells is still a good bet to lead Arizona in touches. Hightower could see fewer looks in the passing game if he didn't catch the ball well in practice this week.

I'd be more excited if the Cards weren't playing Minnesota.