[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CEO in South Carolina walks

WaterMan

Investigators said Ludwig was speeding when he crashed his Maserati through the back of Bardsley's house, coming to rest in the front yard.

The car went clear through the house?? Hey Sailor! New in town??????

Did the house have any furniture or interior walls, or was the Maserati actually a cruise missile?? I'd guess the guy was doing at LEAST 100 mph.

The car went clear through the house?? Hey Sailor! New in town??????

Did the house have any furniture or interior walls, or was the Maserati actually a cruise missile?? I'd guess the guy was doing at LEAST 100 mph.

They said he was going 80 or 90 and went airborne.

OK I only read the first 5000 words of this article - can anyone tell me the logic of how/why he got zero days in jail?? If I was the killed guy's family, I'd be calling every media outlet in the country to jump on this story. wt*?

The article insinuates that the family was not pursuing a civil case because they had already been paid off by the driver.

OK I only read the first 5000 words of this article - can anyone tell me the logic of how/why he got zero days in jail?? If I was the killed guy's family, I'd be calling every media outlet in the country to jump on this story. wt*?

Sheriff new driver and said that he was a good man, but also had a long history of driving citations. Driver makes a lot of money, but also was charitable with what he made. Driver's minister said that he would be better off not being incarcerated. The family wanted him held accountable, but not necessarily incarcerated...they were fine with community service and home confinement. Driver offered to buy home since victim's wife couldn't face moving back in after repairs. The judge wasn't swayed by the amount the driver makes, but what he has done with the money.

He gave a 5 year sentence suspended down to 3 years probation and community service. Not quite home confinement, but not completely free either.

Sheriff new driver and said that he was a good man, but also had a long history of driving citations. Driver makes a lot of money, but also was charitable with what he made. Driver's minister said that he would be better off not being incarcerated. The family wanted him held accountable, but not necessarily incarcerated...they were fine with community service and home confinement. Driver offered to buy home since victim's wife couldn't face moving back in after repairs. The judge wasn't swayed by the amount the driver makes, but what he has done with the money.

He gave a 5 year sentence suspended down to 3 years probation and community service. Not quite home confinement, but not completely free either.

That station was all over his past record. His ex wife has a restraining order due to harrassment. He had a court case, where he violated the order a few times, going on right before he drove through the man's house. This is one lucky SOB.

That station was all over his past record. His ex wife has a restraining order due to harrassment. He had a court case, where he violated the order a few times, going on right before he drove through the man's house. This is one lucky SOB.

sounds like the judge knows he wont make it thru his 3ys of probation....... :wacko:

only one word for this and that is Tragic. Both the actual incident and the writing of the article. How can an editor allow that to pass?

i see all sides of this: 1) family lost a member due to negligence of random wealthy guy. 2) wealthy guy is not just a typical prick, but is philanthropic and a decent human being. 3) guy makes amends to victims family for negligence. 4) family wants to just move forward with their lives. 5) would the outcome have been the same had any "regular" person committed them?

I see....so he throws his rather ample money around here and there, so despite a truckload of other offenses and highly questionable character issues, including oh btw killing a man due to arrogance and wrecklessness while driving, gets off scot free.

? He is not confined in any way. That's free FYI.

I have to wonder about the family here and the whole thing still stinks worse than egg farts, but whatever, if they're satisified.....