[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

F#@k Time Warner cable equipment!

jordanzs

On Sunday afternoon I returned from a nice weekend on the North Shore (of Oahu), ready to watch my trifecta of football games. No calls or texts from anyone about the results, so was ready to enjoy the suspense.

My triple header looked like:

1) Bangles vs. Steelers

2) Packers vs. Cowboys

3) Colts vs. Patriots

Only to find out that my DVR box had crashed, so nothing got recorded!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! By process of elimination, it's definitely the box, as my digital cable box in the other room works fine (no dvr on it though).

At least I got home early enough to watch the 2nd half of the Colts & Patriots game, so I guess it could've been worse!

We moved in to our place at the end of September, so I've only had these boxes for a month & a half!!!

Forgive us if we're are not too sympathetic since you got to spend the weekend at the North Shore. :wacko:

+1, My dvr in ohio works fine, so drop me a PM if you want to house swap until ... I don't know... April? I'll even throw in a few kids for free.

recently moved, and had to switch from Comcast to TW. Have to say, TW has been awful. My DVR crashed completely and already had to be replaced. And it's much louder than my Comcast version. If i could switch back I would. TW sucks, imo.

Get the Directv Package. You can watch all the games. No other service lets you do that. TW and cable,in general, basically stink.

Interesting... my Comcast HD cable box went out on me this last weekend. It would continually drop the signal for a couple of seconds and then come back on. I just about threw it out the window when it kept happening to me during the Vikings game yesterday. Strange thing is, the woman at the phone center said she had a bunch of calls like mine. I wonder if someone can hack a cable signal like a virus to do damage to boxes? :wacko:

Get the Directv Package. You can watch all the games. No other service lets you do that. TW and cable,in general, basically stink.

Does Directv broadcast 1 feed of each channel to the entire country still?

I used to sell directv equipment back in 2002.

Channels that would go to infomercials at 2am in the east coast would go to infomercial at 11pm in the west coast.

That means that here in Hawaii, you'd be watching infomercials at 8pm!!!!

While watching the end of last night's game, I went to hit record on my DVR (Comcast) to record the 45 min of buffer so i could watch the last quarter again today. But this genius software decides that it should only record Sunday sports final, which started 5 minutes earlier, so I get nothing. I miss my TiVo so much.

I suspect all cable companies get away with giving us crapola for equipment. I know comcast sure blows - and don't get me started on the "on demand" BS, which won't even come up half the time due to "communications error." :wacko: And they talk about unreliability of satellite. OK....