[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady Quinn

Avernus

While I agree that Quinn doesn't have much of a chance at succeeding with the Browns as currently constructed, I also just flat out do not think he can play. If anyone actually watched the completion of last nights' game (sadly, I did - I have no idea why), those two deep throws on the Browns' last "drive" were astonishingly bad. Seriously, I have to believe that the Browns were just trying to heave the ball downfield and salvage some sliver of positivity offensively to build on this week, and in back-to-back throws, he threw about 5-6 yards wide of the playing field. There's no doubt in my mind he wasn't trying to throw the ball out of bounds, and you could see the closest receiver just shaking his head after the second throw. If Quinn can't even manage to keep the ball within the width of the playing field on deep throws, then what does that say for his accuracy? After witnessing that, it's really no wonder that all of the plays called under Quinn are limited to 5-10 yard passes.

I have followed Quinn his entire career as I am from Columbus, Ohio and a fan of the Fighting Irish. Quinn could absolutely make those throws in HS and college, the most productive play in the Irish offense is the long ball. Before Clausen to Tate it was Quinn to Shark or McKnight. I find myself asking how has he regressed so much in a matter of 1-2 years. His one healthy start against the Broncos he was lights out.

I know Quinn isnt the savior of the Browns, but he really has nothing to work with. The offensive line is pathetic, he ran for his like about 40% of the game, he was getting sacked on screen passes. No wonder he doesnt look comfortable. They dont even attempt to stretch the field because of the total lack of speed on that team. How many undrafted players and rookies were at the skill positions? Did anyone break off a route last night?

I think the window of opportunity is closed for Quinn. He has sat in a terrible environment for 3 years, he obviously isnt being coached up, while being treated like garbage by Mangini.