[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Political Emancipation: Observations from a Black Man Who Rejected Liberal Indoctrination

polksalet

The purpose of "Political Emancipation" is for the reader to explore the perspective and experience of a black man in the United States who is proud to be black and proud to be an American. This is the story of a patriot who will gladly defend his freedom and constitution for the rights it protects. I am not here to offer the meaning of life or provide answers to all of the problems that ail our society or the black community. Through process of elimination, I can tell you that the government is not the answer. Somewhere the answer lies in the individual and a collective desire to preserve our Republic. Perhaps if all Americans take advantage of the freedom the constitution affords as I did, we can recognize that despite philosophical differences, the desire to maintain our society should remain the focus because regardless our differing opinions on gay marriage, abortion or taxation, if we are invaded and enslaved by a hostile enemy, I can assure you that these things will not matter to them. Each person must realize there is a price for freedom. Each of us must learn our history, how it operates, the rights it affords us and that we must remain eternally diligent because there will always be those who will threaten it.

http://www.amazon.com/Political-Emancipati...4243&sr=1-9

lol

Gotta applaud the attempt, but guys like him, Bill Cosby etc are spitting into the wind. We're in a liberal era dominated by rampant political correctness, ghetto attitudes (among all races), and a wide assortment of other mind-boggling stupidities which, despite a glaring lack of logic and negative effect on our society that's the elephant in the room, most Americans are either too stupid/blind to see or too spineless to speak out on. Not surprisingly, this has emboldened those leading the charge to get even worse; they're like spoiled kids who's parents refuse to discipline them. And like such kids, ultimately it's not really their fault; the morons and the silent majority have always been among our society's worst enemies. This worked in conservatives' favor in this past, so I guess we're in that "2 wrongs make a right" part of it now.

:vomit:

And there were black men who fought for the Confederacy.

So what? :wacko:

So your equating Black political Conservatives in the 21st Century with Black (Slaves) fighting on the side of the Confederacy in the Civil War? Wow. You're dumb.

lol

Gotta applaud the attempt, but guys like him, Bill Cosby etc are spitting into the wind. We're in a liberal era dominated by rampant political correctness, ghetto attitudes (among all races), and a wide assortment of other mind-boggling stupidities which, despite a glaring lack of logic and negative effect on our society that's the elephant in the room, most Americans are either too stupid/blind to see or too spineless to speak out on. Not surprisingly, this has emboldened those leading the charge to get even worse; they're like spoiled kids who's parents refuse to discipline them. And like such kids, ultimately it's not really their fault; the morons and the silent majority have always been among our society's worst enemies. This worked in conservatives' favor in this past, so I guess we're in that "2 wrongs make a right" part of it now.

:vomit:

+1

So your equating Black political Conservatives in the 21st Century with Black (Slaves) fighting on the side of the Confederacy in the Civil War? Wow. You're dumb.

Really? :D

The point is why is this any different than any other diatribe on liberalism? Because the author happens to have increased melanin?

People can be wrong regardless of color. Seemed like a pretty obvious connection to me, but I suppose I overestimated YOUR intelligence. :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff

Really? :D

The point is why is this any different than any other diatribe on liberalism? Because the author happens to have increased melanin?

People can be wrong regardless of color. Seemed like a pretty obvious connection to me, but I suppose I overestimated YOUR intelligence. :wacko:

Because anyone who dares to challenge the liberal policies of the current administration is called a racist, and it is much harder to call a black guy a racist than it is a white guy and get away with it without even really examining what they say.

Because anyone who dares to challenge the liberal policies of the current administration is called a racist, and it is much harder to call a black guy a racist than it is a white guy and get away with it without even really examining what they say.

People releasing photos of a supposed watermelon garden not to long into his run didn't exactly help now did it.

Because anyone who dares to challenge the liberal policies of the current administration is called a racist

Not true. This is one of those little lies you victims tell yourselves. Victimhood is all you have - you certainly don't have any worthwhile policies or alternatives.

if we are invaded and enslaved by a hostile enemy

Someone please tell me how this is even possible? I see this nonsense repeated by the flagwaver arm of the Republican Party over and over again but no-one ever seems to point out the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Someone please tell me how this is even possible? I see this nonsense repeated by the flagwaver arm of the Republican Party over and over again but no-one ever seems to point out the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Do not underestimate the power of Canada. :wacko:

Not true. This is one of those little lies you victims tell yourselves. Victimhood is all you have - you certainly don't have any worthwhile policies or alternatives.

I've been called a racist several times by liberals when debating Obama's policies. It is true. The media started it by calling the people that attended the TEA parties as racist. No doubt there were some there that were, but the majority were not. I have "friends of friends" on facebook that constantly call anyone that disagrees with Obama a racist. It is true whether you are willing to acknowledge it or not.

I've been called a racist several times by liberals when debating Obama's policies. It is true. The media started it by calling the people that attended the TEA parties as racist. No doubt there were some there that were, but the majority were not. I have "friends of friends" on facebook that constantly call anyone that disagrees with Obama a racist. It is true whether you are willing to acknowledge it or not.

Would you agree there is a small percentage of Americans who don't agree with Obama because they are racist?

And the friends of friends are just as big of idiots as the racists, the victim players like Sharpton/Rush, and medias that blows up both sides to get ratings.

I wonder where they get such ideas?

Maybe you better look to your party leaders in Texas if you want this trend to end...

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/06/17/gop-co...he-white-house/

GOP convention button asks, ‘If Obama is president…will we still call it the White House?’

A booth at this weekend’s Texas Republican convention sold buttons asking, “If Obama Is President…Will We Still Call It The White House?”:

The company that makes the buttons boasts providing “Patriotic and Republican Products.” Another button they sell features a picture of Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), with the phrase: “Life’s a b**ch, don’t vote for one.” (HT: AmericaBlog)

The problems of blacks in America are nothing compared to the trials and tribulations of all you oppressed middle and upper class white republicans.

You guys are right to jump on a chair, raise your skirts, and squeal about every little thing you find unfair about being voted out of power. It's clearly working.

I wonder where they get such ideas?

Maybe you better look to your party leaders in Texas if you want this trend to end...

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/06/17/gop-co...he-white-house/

GOP convention button asks, ‘If Obama is president…will we still call it the White House?’

A booth at this weekend’s Texas Republican convention sold buttons asking, “If Obama Is President…Will We Still Call It The White House?”:

The company that makes the buttons boasts providing “Patriotic and Republican Products.” Another button they sell features a picture of Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), with the phrase: “Life’s a b**ch, don’t vote for one.” (HT: AmericaBlog)

I've never seen a derogatory button at a democrat convention. :wacko: Like I said in what you quoted, there is no doubt some are racist, but the majority are not.

Yea, but there are plenty of people that were labeled as anti-American when they debated Bush's policies? :wacko: I'm sure it happens on both sides but I'm guessing it's over-reported as most people can see the difference.

Yea, but there are plenty of people that were labeled as anti-American when they debated Bush's policies? :wacko: I'm sure it happens on both sides but I'm guessing it's over-reported as most people can see the difference.

Well sort of, but not really. People were labeled anti-American for not supporting our military endeavors. I don't recall anyone being called anti-American for debating any other issue with the Bush Administration. If you disagree with Obama on any issue you are a racist in the eyes of some, particularly if you live below the Mason-Dixon Line.

Well sort of, but not really. People were labeled anti-American for not supporting our military endeavors. I don't recall anyone being called anti-American for debating any other issue with the Bush Administration.

Again, that simply isn't true. Anyone who dared to question the Great Panjandrum was labeled a traitor, no less. The phrases "in time of war" and "wartime president" got so much use by the hysterical right they pretty much wore out. Since the new incumbent is in place, those phrases have been conveniently tucked away.

Well sort of, but not really. People were labeled anti-American for not supporting our military endeavors. I don't recall anyone being called anti-American for debating any other issue with the Bush Administration. If you disagree with Obama on any issue you are a racist in the eyes of some, particularly if you live below the Mason-Dixon Line.

That is complete bunk Perch. It is no different than palin crying "sexist" about anything during the campaign.

It was widely disseminated that if you disagreed with the war, you were unpatriotic and didnt support our troops. That went for Afghanistan (widely supported) and Iraq (largely OPPOSED). Any critcism of the war/GWB (a "wartime" president") = being against America. GWB insinuated himself to be the representation of the war and the military efforts (remember landing on the aircraft carrier in a flight suit????) so if you questioned him, you were "empowering our enemies" and "against freedom".

People can disagree with Obama all they want. Keep the discourse about topics and policy all day. But when you start taling about "watermelons" and use of your avatar belies civility and rational discourse for the sake of classless shock cariacture.

Y'all should have enough ammo to be critical of Obama without being juvenile . . . then why do it? Lord knows there is enough about GWB being incompetent to focus on . . .