[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The season of parity

policyvote

Okay folks, this has reached the limits of the bizarre:

http://football11.myfantasyleague.com/2009/standings?L=34860

Half the league is 5-5, four more teams are 6-4, and the other two are 3-7. I'm #1 in points scored, #1 in all-play, and #1 in power rank, and I'm one freakin' game above .500. This is going to be the craziest finish on record.

Peace

policy

Half the league is 5-5, four more teams are 6-4, and the other two are 3-7. I'm #1 in points scored, #1 in all-play, and #1 in power rank, and I'm one freakin' game above .500. This is going to be the craziest finish on record.

Peace

policy

Actually if you're one of the 6-4 teams, aren't you TWO ganes above .500???

:wacko:

Actually if you're one of the 6-4 teams, aren't you TWO ganes above .500???

:D

I have debated this as well, but with 10 games played at 6-4 then he is one game above .500 (5-5). 2 games above .500 would be 7-3 wouldn't it? But on the other hand, if you lost the next 2 games you would be at .500 at 6-6 so it would seem like you were 2 games above...

:D:wacko:

I have debated this as well, but with 10 games played at 6-4 then he is one game above .500 (5-5). 2 games above .500 would be 7-3 wouldn't it? But on the other hand, if you lost the next 2 games you would be at .500 at 6-6 so it would seem like you were 2 games above...

:D:wacko:

Or think of it this way....

4-4 is .500

5-4 is 1 game above .500

6-4 is 2 games above .500

Or think of it this way....

4-4 is .500

5-4 is 1 game above .500

6-4 is 2 games above .500

Well, I guess in baseball-season terms, where the schedule is unbalanced and games are played all the time on a staggered basis, yeah. Like if a team is 37-30, they're "seven games above .500". But in this case, I'm 6-4; if I'd won one fewer game, I'd necessarily have lost one more, and therefore be 5-5. Wow, this is wierd . . . I've never noticed this before. I guess in the baseball example, they're seven wins above .500?

Peace

policy

Peace

policy

More parity for ya....Look at our standings as of Week 9

12 team league....

1 team 6-3

11 teams are 4-5 or 5-4

The team that is 6-3 has the least points scored AND the least points scored against! Go figure.

http://football4.myfantasyleague.com/2009/...L=32211&W=9

Peace

policy

Pretty much same as mine, 4 @ 6-4, 3 @ 5-5, 2 @ 4-6, 1@ 3-7. I'm 3rd in pnts. Now at least the top 2 scores are at the top. For a while there it was the 9th scoring.

This will either be a great finish.....or a heart breaking one.

My buddy and I were just discussing that there seems to be a lot of parity in leagues this year. Out of three 12 team re-draft leagues I'm in, the records are:

4 @ 6-4

2 @ 5-4-1

4 @ 5-5

1 @ 3-7

1 @ 2-8

1 @ 7-3

3 @ 6-4

4 @ 5-5

3 @ 4-6

1 @ 3-7

5 @ 6-4

3 @ 5-5

3 @ 4-6

1 @ 3-7

I don't remember ever seeing so many teams with a .500 record or within one game of .500. Usually, it seems like there are one or two clear "power houses" this late in the season. It will be an interesting finish in all of these leagues.

Same thing in my league

1 7-3

2 6-3-1

3 6-4

2 5-4-1

2 4-6

2 3-7

As far as I can tell it looks like the tops picks for about everyone in my league has been junk. A good RB here and there, but I would say people hit on 1 out of their first 3 picks. I went WR/WR and I am about 80 points in front of the second highest scorer.

Edited by dirtdickens

Office league...

One team 7-3

One team 6-4

SIX teams 5-5

One team 4-6

One team 3-7

Right, and that's what's blowing me away; a league where literally half the teams are 5-5? Mine's like this

four teams at 6-4

SIX teams at 5-5

two teams at 3-7

One of the divisions is comprised ENTIRELY of 5-5 teams!

I've never seen anything like this--and I agree that its' because of the collapse of the RB position. There are no clear-cut championmaker RBs anymore, and the the prevalence of RBBCs has shorn the "Stud RB Theory" of most of its power.

Peace

policy

I've never seen anything like this--and I agree that its' because of the collapse of the RB position. There are no clear-cut championmaker RBs anymore, and the the prevalence of RBBCs has shorn the "Stud RB Theory" of most of its power.

I've committed to taking a WR next year in almost any 1st-round scenario. Gambling on these RB's with my first pick has put me behind the league every single season. It was Forte this year, Addai last year, Rudi Johnson the year before that, and Ronnie Brown in 2006. After the first couple of guys, it seems like RB has become an even bigger crap shoot than tabbing the top-tier wideouts. I'll take my chances with a guy like Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson before I just assume that someone like Ray Rice will carry his success over to next year.

• 1 month later...